Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't buy SWTor from Origin - Sold out in my country, what to do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can't buy SWTor from Origin - Sold out in my country, what to do?

Ambrosius
12.27.2011 , 09:26 AM | #1
So the game is sold out in stores in my country, and Origin gives me the following message:

"The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your basket:

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition"

I assume that this is because I live in the "red zone" as it did when pre-orders were available.

So I was wondering, would it be possible for me to get a Swedish friend of mine to buy the game for my account (someone I trust), and would it be allowed/would it work?

I already have one physical copy of the game so all I need the digital copy for is for another account I plan to give to a special someone. I can install it with my CDs, so I don't need to download it.

Ambrosius
12.27.2011 , 09:39 AM | #2
Bump - hope this is in the right forum btw.

Dualthreat
12.27.2011 , 09:42 AM | #3
be glad, the game is bad, dont waste your money. Look at my join date, 2 years I supported this game. if you want a bad single player rpg with a very boxed in world where mobs are cut and pasted into place, dont move, dont path, wont even attacked you unless you atk them first and have painted on backgrounds then by all means by it. Oh the single player shooter has pretty much 3 commands and is terrible. pvp is bland as the game combat mechanics don't flow well and cc is way out of balance. The final world for pvp illum is nothing like world objective pvp, the areas are simply traded with no fighting as you earn nothing for fighting, its simply a staging area to stack a buff then jump into the same 3 rinse repeat warzones to gear grind. Save your self the money.
Commando Assault Squadron 35
Smokin Sith and takin 's since 7/21
Proud card carrying member of the BFG club & DEC 15th EA

Ambrosius
12.27.2011 , 09:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dualthreat View Post
be glad, the game is bad, dont waste your money. Look at my join date, 2 years I supported this game. if you want a bad single player rpg with a very boxed in world where mobs are cut and pasted into place, dont move, dont path, wont even attacked you unless you atk them first and have painted on backgrounds then by all means by it. Oh the single player shooter has pretty much 3 commands and is terrible. pvp is bland as the game combat mechanics don't flow well and cc is way out of balance. The final world for pvp illum is nothing like world objective pvp, the areas are simply traded with no fighting as you earn nothing for fighting, its simply a staging area to stack a buff then jump into the same 3 rinse repeat warzones to gear grind. Save your self the money.
Loved it in the beta and still want to give it a try though. But I still appreciate your reply even if it isn't what I wanted to hear.

Baizak
12.27.2011 , 09:58 AM | #5
Nice to see somebody that has no idea what they are talking about posting info that they read from other folks that have no idea what they are talking about. All of your claims are 99.9% wrong. Research harder instead of reading and re-typing the latest troll complaints from page 1 of the general forums.

To the OP, it will work fine. go4it
Proud Member of <The Meat Bags> on the Corellian Run Server
Mains: Mistai and Baltimore

Chanamel
12.27.2011 , 10:02 AM | #6
Save your self the money.
Or get a job. There has never been a game at launch with the level of content, depth, and polish of this game. It's definately worth a look.

vanisle
12.27.2011 , 10:02 AM | #7
I tried PVP and liked it because I was ussually in the top 3 - I can see how it would suck if you failed at it I suppose. I even got MVP once and was like, "hey, I deserve this"

The game is fine - buy more

Trolls are trolls are trolls - do not feed them and eventually they go away
Quitters Never Lose - Winners Never Quit