Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maelstrom Prison Veteran Mode overtuned


MrNihulus's Avatar


MrNihulus
01.03.2017 , 03:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinalle View Post
This really shows the direction some players want this game to go.

How about you just do the fight properly and learn to use your interrupt ability. By interrupting Force Explosion you take away boss' only ability that can even hurt anyone. The other casted ability (Dark something. See? It hurts so much I can't even be bothered to remember the full name of the ability) barely even tickles. But you can interrupt it too if you have enough interrupts in group.
Even if we do interrupt all his casts, his instant abilities where he throws debris at the player does pretty insane damage. We did try to interrupt force explosion and the other interrupts.

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
01.05.2017 , 04:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
Even if we do interrupt all his casts, his instant abilities where he throws debris at the player does pretty insane damage. We did try to interrupt force explosion and the other interrupts.
Every class has defensive cooldowns. Shadows/Assassins/Scoundrels/Operatives can even exit combat.
You also have at least 3 kolto stations there. Don't use them all at the same time.
If you have healing abilities use them even if you're dps, just make sure you don't run out of resources.
If you're on gunslinger/sniper use the shield every now and then especially if you know big damage is coming, players in your group will like it if you know how and when to use it.
If you have cleanse and other group member has very nasty DoT on them, use it and help them out.
Just a few "general" group play tips.

Alexandrozingsw's Avatar


Alexandrozingsw
01.08.2017 , 06:21 PM | #13
yup the damage from wrist lasers its too much for tactical, best strategy is to dot and range dps him while hidding behind boxes (los) all the time, can be soloed with same strategy, forget companions and other group members just rdps or dot him and hide all the time

MrNihulus's Avatar


MrNihulus
05.26.2017 , 12:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexandrozingsw View Post
yup the damage from wrist lasers its too much for tactical, best strategy is to dot and range dps him while hidding behind boxes (los) all the time, can be soloed with same strategy, forget companions and other group members just rdps or dot him and hide all the time
This may be difficult for melee classes though. Colonel Daskh still seems to be overtuned.

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
05.26.2017 , 04:46 AM | #15
Difficult how exactly for melee?

He targets one person at a time, very obviously, and will try to chase them round the box if they hide.

MEANTIME the other 3 players who are being ignored can wail on him until he begins targeting a different player and then they kite behind the box.

Very difficult tactics
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners

psandak's Avatar


psandak
05.26.2017 , 05:47 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Difficult how exactly for melee?

He targets one person at a time, very obviously, and will try to chase them round the box if they hide.

MEANTIME the other 3 players who are being ignored can wail on him until he begins targeting a different player and then they kite behind the box.

Very difficult tactics
And that's the problem: too many fail to recognize that they are the one's being targeted and so they die...rapidly. So when I get into a group and see this type of activity, I tell the group, "look it ain't worth dying over. When laser happens just hide."
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Jevaruss's Avatar


Jevaruss
05.26.2017 , 10:27 AM | #17
Turn on target of target in the interface editor. Profit.
OG Commando life.

Star Forge, formerly Shadowlands.

Halinalle's Avatar


Halinalle
05.26.2017 , 10:29 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
This may be difficult for melee classes though. Colonel Daskh still seems to be overtuned.
I can troll Daksh all day on Shadow, Sentinel or Guardian.

psandak's Avatar


psandak
05.26.2017 , 02:12 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jevaruss View Post
Turn on target of target in the interface editor. Profit.
Not saying there aren't any solutions. I am saying that players do not avail themselves of them and even when they do they fail to in fact pay attention to them
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

TyonYlle's Avatar


TyonYlle
05.29.2017 , 11:18 AM | #20
I think that Kilran is a bigger problem, because Daksh, to my knowledge has never been known to shoot through something, unlike Kilran. Daksh is manageable, if you LOS him, but I do understand how tedious his fight can be. It's moments like these that I don't regret choosing my ruffian spec.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading