Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maelstrom Prison Veteran Mode overtuned

psandak
01.01.2017 , 11:21 AM | #1
Three DPS and a heals...colonel daksh takes one from full health to 1/3 health in one shot. with his wrist laser (NOT the eye laser).
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Jerba
01.01.2017 , 11:50 AM | #2
I know, this was already an issue during 4.0. Master Mode (HM) is fine but on Veteran Mode (Tactical), he deals too much damage. He is easily beatable if you have a tank and a max-level healer but Veteran Mode must be tuned for a group of level 15 players without a healer.

Khevar
01.01.2017 , 12:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Three DPS and a heals...colonel daksh takes one from full health to 1/3 health in one shot. with his wrist laser (NOT the eye laser).
I suspect that he is bugged.

I've run that fight a couple of times in 5.0 (and more times in 4.0) with a similar experience.

As a healer, I've even had the unpleasant situation of a dps pulling at the start of the fight, then promptly getting killed within a few seconds (despite healing my little computerized arms off). A battle-rez later, and some frantic action gets us through the rest of the fight.

Oddly enough, the HM (Master) version of that fight is significantly easier than the Veteran (Tac) version. I just ran it last night and the incoming damage from Dakash was easy enough to heal through, that I had plenty of time to dps.

Also note that the Kilran fight at the end tends to bug as well, in that a) he will sometimes snipe through pillars, and b) he can get stuck crouching at the lower level and not move. Someone recommend solving that last bug by running past him and dropping an AOE in front of the elevator, which somehow triggers the bugged script to move onto the next phase. (I've had success with this method)

MrNihulus
01.01.2017 , 02:16 PM | #4
I had similar issues with that flashpoint, I also find that the Ortuno fight in Depths of Manaan and Darth Serevin from Battle of Ilum are way overtuned for Tactical Mode. Darth Serevin can kill a player in 3 hits by simply hurling debris at them.

psandak
01.01.2017 , 02:23 PM | #5
I eventually go through it...solo

Plinked Daksh to death with Vital Shot and Bushwack and staying hidden. Took a VERY long time and had some scary moments, but I won.

This is NOT a solution
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

MrNihulus
01.01.2017 , 02:25 PM | #6
I eventually go through it...solo

Plinked Daksh to death with Vital Shot and Bushwack and staying hidden. Took a VERY long time and had some scary moments, but I won.

This is NOT a solution
If it's done by a group, there might actually be a chance if one players drops out and is replaced by a high influence healer companion.

psandak
01.01.2017 , 02:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
If it's done by a group, there might actually be a chance if one players drops out and is replaced by a high influence healer companion.
The problem with healer comps is that they stand in place so if the Colonel hits the comp its probably dead, or worse it focuses on healing itself while you are dying.

MrNihulus
01.01.2017 , 04:30 PM | #8
The problem with healer comps is that they stand in place so if the Colonel hits the comp its probably dead, or worse it focuses on healing itself while you are dying.
You can set healer companions on passive if you want them to move around. I don't have a solution for them healing themselves though.

TyonYlle
01.02.2017 , 12:07 AM | #9
Like that has been said, I think Ortuno is more of a problem, especially for newbies. If you know how to kill the Colonel, then he is fairly simple... It just takes a long time. It's just a matter, of the person that he's targeting to kite him around the box things on either side of the fight.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

Halinalle
01.02.2017 , 12:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
Darth Serevin from Battle of Ilum
This really shows the direction some players want this game to go.

How about you just do the fight properly and learn to use your interrupt ability. By interrupting Force Explosion you take away boss' only ability that can even hurt anyone. The other casted ability (Dark something. See? It hurts so much I can't even be bothered to remember the full name of the ability) barely even tickles. But you can interrupt it too if you have enough interrupts in group.