Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why not a christmass event?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why not a christmass event?!

JediManos
12.27.2011 , 09:22 AM | #1
How many hours is maintenance? Is been 5? maybe more still servers down. Why so long period? I also want to ask why not chistmass event from the game? It is the first time I have seen this to a game. In every other game I have played, they doing event just for starting and chirstmass is even more demanding for a holiday event... So why not?

Skulda
12.27.2011 , 09:23 AM | #2
They had one, it was called a game launch

Jcoop
12.27.2011 , 09:24 AM | #3
The game was just released. Developers have bigger issues than putting in Lightsaber Candy canes, and hovering xmas trees.

Kooto
12.27.2011 , 09:24 AM | #4
Thanks gods there is no Christmas events. Have enough of this in real life and other MMO.
Kooto Moons
eXile
EU PvP Server : Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Sabredance
12.27.2011 , 09:24 AM | #5
There is no Christmas in the Star Wars Universe.

Mekrath
12.27.2011 , 09:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediManos View Post
How many hours is maintenance? Is been 5? maybe more still servers down. Why so long period? I also want to ask why not chistmass event from the game? It is the first time I have seen this to a game. In every other game I have played, they doing event just for starting and chirstmass is even more demanding for a holiday event... So why not?
Because Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars.

Alundo
12.27.2011 , 09:25 AM | #7
Christmas happens in my living room, and at my dining table. Not in game.

Nordanvind
12.27.2011 , 09:25 AM | #8
God no, no events please. I actually play games to escape reality for a short while.
-If I die, bury my credits with me

Laveciar
12.27.2011 , 09:25 AM | #9
Yes I can see it now. A fat sith in a red jumpsuit on a speeder with a bag of wookie entrails making his rounds in the IF. Yeah that will go over real well. *grin*

To think they mastered space travel but they still believe in a fat man in a red suit that slides down the chimney to deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls. Santa would get shot with a blaster before he even stepped foot in the door.

heh

Bainwen
12.27.2011 , 09:25 AM | #10
The release is the christmass event.

Next year that god awful wookie holiday.