Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

Vyerix
12.30.2016 , 04:27 PM | #11
I'd expect they will do something similar to Tarkin for Ep9 to have her character killed off. They only need someone with same build and close in voice tone to make it work with a partial CGI face.

It will be interesting to see what they do now.

EvilMark
12.30.2016 , 08:11 PM | #12
I think if Leia wasn't originally scripted to die in 8 they should try to work in a self-sacrifice death for her using what they currently have, it would be true to the character and much better than having her die off-screen. Would also be great if they could do it with little or no CGI, but that depends entirely on what they have to work with.

Whatever they do, I really hope they address it in 8 instead of leaving us with that big question mark until 9 comes out in 3 years.

TalonVII
12.30.2016 , 08:22 PM | #13
I expect they'll do some CGI magic and use a stand in since they did that for Tarkin and did a very good job.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Pirana
12.30.2016 , 11:20 PM | #14
I can see them killing her off either at the end of part eight or the beginning of nine where CGI comes into play, unless of course Fisher's character already took the Ford route with a heroic death in the next installment. There's not a chance in hell the character will be recast.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

BigFleshy
12.31.2016 , 01:39 AM | #15
Cgi was great for leia in rogue one.....its the way they should have went all along because lets all face the facts here...in the force awakens....carrie already looked dead. Am i right? Come on give it to me now!

nixpixsith
12.31.2016 , 09:51 AM | #16
good points everyone. I personally can't see them having her die off screen, she's just way too important of a character for that to be the case imo.
Subscribers click my referral link for awesome bonuses such as 500 cartel coins if you click it before January 3rd!!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/nxrGRv

Rabin_Lorac
12.31.2016 , 03:37 PM | #17
CGI like Tarkin and even herself in Rogue One. DUH!
Free stuff! Free unlocks THE JUMPSTART BUNDLE, or even better yet subscribe or former subs for PREFERRED FRIEND BUNDLE and seven days of extra sub, free server transfer for all! Click here! http://www.swtor.com/r/TYTv7F.

For new laughs and old memories: http://filthy-few.co.uk/files/swordinbox.html.

DarthDymond
01.01.2017 , 01:04 PM | #18
Well, Disney may have an extra $50 mil to put towards reshoots and/or CGI if they want - they apparently had the foresight to take out a rather substantial insurance policy on Ms. Fisher's life in the event she was unable to complete filming the new trilogy.
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Pirana
01.01.2017 , 07:46 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Well, Disney may have an extra $50 mil to put towards reshoots and/or CGI if they want - they apparently had the foresight to take out a rather substantial insurance policy on Ms. Fisher's life in the event she was unable to complete filming the new trilogy.
Certainly interesting.

So from the outside looking in, it appears Fisher was slated to be cast in part nine. Which, if that's the case, I definitely see her being killed off early on, in the final installment. Financially it makes more sense to do what little CGI is needed in part nine v having to reshoot parts of eight, in addition to adding the CGI. Either that or Disney is trying to throw off fan theories pertaining to the story line, if so, that's pretty hard core. Of course this is nothing more than a hypothesis, so we'll see.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

cool-dude
01.02.2017 , 09:15 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TyonYlle View Post
I hope you are joking, because that would be so, truly disrespectful! Not to mention the age difference. I don't see them recasting anyone else, it is my hope, that they kill Leia off, as that is their only option.
They should just kill the character off honestly.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"