Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What do you think Star Wars episode 9 will do for Princess Leia's role?

nixpixsith
12.29.2016 , 10:44 PM | #1
With the passing of Carrie Fisher, what direction do you guys think the creative minds will go with Princess Leia? kill her off in episode 8? not include her visually? or include her with special effects similar to Tarkin or young Leia in Rogue One? leave a comment if you have any other ideas.
Subscribers click my referral link for awesome bonuses such as 500 cartel coins if you click it before January 3rd!!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/nxrGRv

adormitul
12.30.2016 , 03:52 AM | #2
Pretty sure she finished filming so not a lot. Probably a novel or a comic later in where she dies heroically after episode 8.

NayntaLot
12.30.2016 , 05:48 AM | #3
Have her die off-screen or use their CGI magic.
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”

“To be a Sith is to taste freedom and to know victory.”

phalczen
12.30.2016 , 06:37 AM | #4
Technically, we don't know that Leia survives episode 8 anyway. She might have died as part of episode 8's story and Carrie Fisher's real life passing will have no impact on episode 9.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

casirabit
12.30.2016 , 08:30 AM | #5
From the information I read she had finished Star Wars 8 and if they had her scheduled for Star Wars 9 they could go back in and reedit the end of Star Wars 8 and have her die as I doubt many fans will accept anyone else doing Princess Leia. That character was Carrie Fisher, in my opinion.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

nixpixsith
12.30.2016 , 10:00 AM | #6
It was confirmed she finished filming episode 8 however I am curious what happens in that movie... I'm thinking they weren't going to kill of another original main character but now it may be their best option. This is very unfortunate in many ways.
Subscribers click my referral link for awesome bonuses such as 500 cartel coins if you click it before January 3rd!!

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/nxrGRv

Renata_Roselli
12.30.2016 , 11:28 AM | #7
Amy Schumer will be playing Princess Leia.

TyonYlle
12.30.2016 , 11:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
Amy Schumer will be playing Princess Leia.
I hope you are joking, because that would be so, truly disrespectful! Not to mention the age difference. I don't see them recasting anyone else, it is my hope, that they kill Leia off, as that is their only option.
'You killed someone, Mya, you stole a life away from another'.
'I did it for you, Jett, I did it for us. They were just an Imp'.
'Who are you to decide that?'
'I love you, Jett!' // 'I just don't like who you're becoming'. // Continue reading

psandak
12.30.2016 , 02:29 PM | #9
Chances are they will rework the end of E8 probably using some CGI so that Leia Organa Solo will not be in E9; whatever role she was going to fill will be filled by another character.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

darthscotty
12.30.2016 , 04:02 PM | #10
My guess is that assuming she survives episode 8 is that she will not be seen on screen but will die in an attack on a ship she is on by the first order. This would set up a redemption angle for Kylo Ren since his anger seemed to be directed towards Han not his mother. Just a guess, but if we hear about the ending of episode 8 being reworked in the next couple of months I think we will know. At the very least I am guessing the script for episode 9 will have to be reworked.
Quote: Originally Posted by Babby View Post
We don't tolerate facts around here.