Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Slicing got "nerfed"?

Ydyp
12.27.2011 , 09:27 AM | #11
Blasted this nerf made it a few days to early!
Oh well let see if the crew skill is still worth it, as it does just **** up your craft skill as it doesn't provide anything usefull at all (except credits).

SinisterWarlock
12.27.2011 , 09:27 AM | #12
My fiance and i are both level 50, we've had 400 in slicing since level 25. I've had close to 2 million credits, my fiance has about 500k.

See the big difference? Both got slicing, one immensely richer than the other.

I've also got 400 in cybertech, scavenging, and my alt has 400 armortech and 400 underworld trading. I also dropped slicing, a temporary measure so I could get diplomacy to 400, which i planned to drop to take up slicing again, but i may ditch that idea if the nerf was to much.

DenGiles
12.27.2011 , 09:27 AM | #13
It was needed indeed.

Although I can't say I made big bucks (got about 20K or so) since I only started playing a couple of days ago, it instantly hit me that when sending a companion on a quest which costs 300 credits (give or take) gets back with 1500 credits things are bound to get nerfed.

I was enjoying the cash, but can't blame them for doing it

SDCowboy
12.27.2011 , 09:27 AM | #14
Why do MMO's always have to nerf? Why not just bring the others up to its level and instead up bringing slicing down to be crap like the other skills.
SITHEWOK

Lexster
12.27.2011 , 09:28 AM | #15
Just have to wait to see how big the nerf was, odds are its still far more viable for wealth building than selling on GTN.

Hokonoso
12.27.2011 , 09:28 AM | #16
having slicing endgame is a bad idea, this nerf was not needed, you can either be useful endgame or having money, not both... slicing is useless on your main since you need 1 gathering 1 mission 1 crafting profession to get your epic stuff.
What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
--Nom Anor

Escacleo
12.27.2011 , 09:28 AM | #17
I am 26. Leveled the skill to about 340. The rewards were surprising, and I expected a nerf. I already have a stock pile though.

SinisterWarlock
12.27.2011 , 09:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DenGiles View Post
It was needed indeed.

Although I can't say I made big bucks (got about 20K or so) since I only started playing a couple of days ago, it instantly hit me that when sending a companion on a quest which costs 300 credits (give or take) gets back with 1500 credits things are bound to get nerfed.

I was enjoying the cash, but can't blame them for doing it
1500 credits is the average payoff for a level 50 slicing mission, and those cost about 1200 credits each.

To get 1500 credits from a 300 credit cost mission is uncommon.

Drakos
12.27.2011 , 09:29 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lexster View Post
Just have to wait to see how big the nerf was, odds are its still far more viable for wealth building than selling on GTN.
Basically this. If Slicing nets any profit whatsoever, it will probably be better than any actual crafting profession in this game for months.
Cadiva: The fundamental thing I have to ask is "am I enjoying playing this".

The only person who can tell you whether or not you should resub for TOR is you.