Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Statue of Carrie Fisher (or a member of Organa house) to honor her

blackphantome
12.27.2016 , 01:55 PM | #1
It would be a memorial if we could get a Statue of Carrie Fisher ingame or the statue of a member of the Organa house that looks like her. She is part of Star Wars as SWTOR is. Her role was 3600 years later but it would be nice if she could get honored by BioWare with a statue ingame.

I am sad.
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

ShardODarkness
12.27.2016 , 01:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by blackphantome View Post
It would be a memorial if we could get a Statue of Carrie Fisher ingame or the statue of a member of the Organa house that looks like her. She is part of Star Wars as SWTOR is. Her role was 3600 years later but it would be nice if she could get honored by BioWare with a statue ingame.

I am sad.
THIS...and do not forget her faithful Astromech Droid either.
"My hate will set the Galaxy aflame"

For a free week, Server Transfer, and Jumpstart Bundle click here for the referral link!

RaithHarth
12.27.2016 , 03:07 PM | #3
As much as I would like to see this happen, it's unlikely that such an memorial or statue of Leia will be put up at all considering the fact SWTOR takes place 3,500 years before the classic trilogy.
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

Mubrak
12.27.2016 , 03:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
As much as I would like to see this happen, it's unlikely that such an memorial or statue of Leia will be put up at all considering the fact SWTOR takes place 3,500 years before the classic trilogy.
A statue of Carrie Organa and her astromech K2-B2 then?
Say NO to forced server merges!
Make transfers easier - for those willing to move.

Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Tsillah
12.27.2016 , 03:17 PM | #5
Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Stormstrider
12.27.2016 , 03:19 PM | #6
I wanted to post something like this as well. I too would like to see a statue of Carrie Fisher (not Leia, since she isn't alive yet) but maybe on the Fleet.
Imperial Squad Leader: Operative - Juggernaut - Sorcerer - Mercenary
Republic Squad Leader: Commando - Scoundrel - Sage - Guardian

AlrikFassbauer
12.27.2016 , 03:21 PM | #7
In-game, there is alrady an astromech showing the hologram of a person - and it is used quite a lot throughout the game.
It wouldn't fit too well, but everybody would know who is meant.

In my opinion, would ould fit best would be a statue reading "for a princess of the House Organa and her faithful Astromech". Everybody would then know as well who is meant.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

eriksarcasm
12.27.2016 , 03:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Not sure if it's a reasonable thing to request for SWTOR, but it does surprise me that BWA/SWTOR hasn't even acknowledged the death of Carrie Fisher in any media. They post an advertisement message on facebook to promote the game an hour ago, but they couldn't mention anything about her?

I know SWTOR is in the past of the movies, but surely this game is still part of the SW family, isn't it?
I want to think it's because they're out of the office this week. That FB ad may be an automated system, or a young intern's sole job or something. Still... it'd be nice if someone took a few moments to put something somewhere from EA, Bioware and SWTOR.
It's what i do... I drink, and I know things.

JennyFlynn
12.27.2016 , 03:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post

Yeah saw that too. Felt half tempted to bite their heads off for the fact they've got time to advertise CM fluff but don't acknowledge Carrie's passing in any way but I resisted knowing I'm a little emotional myself right now and hoping perhaps they're simply waiting for like an official statement from the higher ups or something.
♥♥LORD SCOURGE & DARTH MARR FOR ROMANCE!!♥♥
"We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one eh?"
Click my referral to start your own story now incl. 7 days of subscriber level access and many other goods!

Alec_Fortescue
12.27.2016 , 03:40 PM | #10
But Princes Leia doesn't exist yet. She's 3-4k years in the future!