Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Healer's Pet Peeve about Kolto Stations

Jaryk
12.21.2016 , 09:23 AM | #1
So, with 5.0 I have started running more veteran flashpoints than I used to. For the most part, I have actually been enjoying myself.

There is one thing, however, that has started to bug me. The way players use kolto stations.

I play as a healer most of the time, and while I don't think I'm the best healer ever, I am adequate. People in the groups I'm a part of do not tend to die.

Which brings me to the pet peeve. I understand using the kolto stations when I flub something up and people come close to dying, and I understand using them during bosses with a particularly rough damaging phase. But even when no one in my group has dropped below 80% for the entirety of the boss fight, and in some cases where the group is actually at 95% and above, some people just keep spamming the kolto stations.

Why? Am I missing something? Wouldn't it be better for them, as dps (because it's usually the dps), to just keep killing to boss, and let me worry about the healing?

Or is the healer supposed to just dps the whole time and let the dps heal the group with kolto stations?

I just don't get it.
BLAH BLAH, DON'T CARE.

Referral Link for anyone interested in stuff and things.

Berntk
12.21.2016 , 09:33 AM | #2
Yep, I see the same thing. They're probably used to run content in all-dps groups, where use of the med-stations is necessary, and get anxiety attacks when their health takes a dip. Looking at you, uprisings...
Which is why I run 'em as healer.

Jerba
12.21.2016 , 09:39 AM | #3
Agreed. I find it insulting when players use Kolto Stations, it's like saying "I don't want you to heal me, I'd rather heal myself." Therefore, I've adapted to healing during the trash but doing DPS on the bosses, and occasionally hitting a Kolto Station when someone is low. Those Kolto Stations heal way more than I can anyway, and they don't waste mana or a GCD.

ProcessHeals
12.21.2016 , 10:37 AM | #4
Tell your dps to play their role. If they try to offheal in content that's tuned for a trinity comp it's going to equal boss enrages and ultimately wipes. Better that they learn to break bad habits now if they hope to progress into more difficult fights.

Khevar
12.21.2016 , 12:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaryk View Post
But even when no one in my group has dropped below 80% for the entirety of the boss fight, and in some cases where the group is actually at 95% and above, some people just keep spamming the kolto stations.
Ouch. This is a bad habit for those players to get into.

I've been in an all-dps group, watching the other members of the party use the kolto stations when they didn't need to, only to wipe halfway through a boss fight due to the stations being on cooldown when we DID need them.

CrownofGold
12.21.2016 , 03:34 PM | #6
Happens to me too even on my Sage/Sorc where absolutely NO ONE is going to die unless they stand in "stupid".

It's really annoying for sure!
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

Tralan
12.21.2016 , 04:14 PM | #7
maybe your taking this too personal? maybe they are doing it to make your job easier and let you concentrate on the tank? played lots mmo's and its always good practice to make the healers job as easy as possible

AllisonLightning
12.21.2016 , 06:48 PM | #8
I use the Kolto Stations as a DPS when there's a healer when anyone drops below 50%, sometimes the healer is pressed. Normally, the problem I encounter is that people are allergic to using the stations at all. On an all DPS run, I've had to become a DPS/healer hybrid because my fellow DPS get tunnel vision.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

bgstranger
12.21.2016 , 09:39 PM | #9
After thousand of tacticals as a dps, I've learned one thing - never trust your life to no one

Halinalle
12.21.2016 , 11:02 PM | #10
If you don't want dps to click them then we will end up in situation where sentinel who is closest to kolto station refused to click it because "muh damage is more important than anything else, can't stop even for millisecond."

Then someone else, usually me, runs to kolto station from other side of area only to see "[insert name here] has been defeated" on screen.