2017 Road Map

Lendle

If one exists where can I find it, and if one doesn't exist may we have one? I returned to the game a few months back from a large break and proceeded to devour the content. Now that its all gone and I have gone back to my PVP ways I was wondering what is in store for us both PVE and PVP for the future?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know for sure, there'll be a livestream in January with more details.

Here's what you can expect, based on what we know:

• January: Master mode for the KotFE/KotET chapters, and five new Uprisings in Story/Veteran mode
  • February: Master mode for all Uprisings
  • Summer: Some 4-8 player PvE group content
  • December (shortly before Episode 8): next expansion with another ~9 story chapters

I don't think there will be much in the way of PvP since they just got a new warzone and arena map last year but we'll know more in January.

Edited by Jerba

We don't know for sure, there'll be a livestream in January with more details.

Here's what you can expect, based on what we know:

• January: Master mode for the KotFE/KotET chapters, and five new Uprisings in Story/Veteran mode
  • February: Master mode for all Uprisings
  • Summer: Some 4-8 player PvE group content
  • December (shortly before Episode 8): next expansion with another ~9 story chapters

I don't think there will be much in the way of PvP since they just got a new warzone and arena map last year but we'll know more in January.

I'd argue that your summer 4-8 player content would be PvP content (even tho you said PvE). I'd say that because if it was referring to a new Operation it would be 8/16 player content, and if it was a new Uprising or flashpoint it would only be 4 person content. So the only 4-8 person content that makes sense is PvP based. 4 man which is arena's and 8 man which is normal PvP matches.

If one exists where can I find it, and if one doesn't exist may we have one? I returned to the game a few months back from a large break and proceeded to devour the content. Now that its all gone and I have gone back to my PVP ways I was wondering what is in store for us both PVE and PVP for the future?

They don't do roadmaps. Even when they published something called a "roadmap" in earlier years.. it really was not a roadmap. It was more of a marketing teaser, not a roadmap. They still do marketing teasers, currently through live streams... but at least they don't claim they are roadmaps anymore.

Edited by Andryah

They don't do roadmaps. Even when they published something called a "roadmap" in earlier years.. it really was not a roadmap. It was more of a marketing teaser, not a roadmap. They still do marketing teasers, currently through live streams... but at least they don't claim they are roadmaps anymore.

There's always something for you to disagree with, isn't there? It's called a roadmap plain and simple.

You have to laugh.

Bioware call it a Roadmap then then forum's premier white knight claims it isn't really.

Made my day actually.

All The Best

I'll go with what the studio declares it to be. ;)
.....unless they call it a road map....then it's not a roadmap.......but if they call it an expansion then it's an expansion....;);)

I wish people would just be consistent sometimes.:confused: It's hard to have a discussion when people contradict themselves all the time

What we know:

Jan 2017: Adjustment to GC system + 5 new Uprisings.

**Jan Announcement on content being released Feb & March**

New multiplayer content in Feb and March

Master level comes soon.

Story chapters are currently being made.

I don't think it'll be december before we see more chapters, but if it is, then I probably won't stay subbed for the entire break.

If I were to guess, I'd say we will get new chapters late usa spring/early summer.

What we know:

Jan 2017: Adjustment to GC system + 5 new Uprisings.

**Jan Announcement on content being released Feb & March**

New multiplayer content in Feb and March

Master level comes soon.

Story chapters are currently being made.

I don't think it'll be december before we see more chapters, but if it is, then I probably won't stay subbed for the entire break.

If I were to guess, I'd say we will get new chapters late usa spring/early summer.

More story chapters are being made? Did they say that??

More story chapters are being made? Did they say that??

Yes. They did. On livestream, but they couldn't tell us anything about it. It was too soon. We might find out more in Jan, but I'm not holding my breath yet. They all seemed excited but didn't have permission to give away any details. It was just one sentence in a livestream a few weeks ago.

Actually, the devs already stated that because the monthly chapters failed (KotFE 10-16), they are moving to a large yearly story drop with ~9 chapters, and will work on group content in between. So the story could launch anywhere in October-December but certainly not in spring or summer.

Edited by Jerba

Actually, the devs already stated that because the monthly chapters failed (KotFE 10-16), they are moving to a large yearly story drop with ~9 chapters, and will work on group content in between. So the story could launch anywhere in October-December but certainly not in spring or summer.

But they've said the group content will drop jan-march. So what, nothing from march until december? That's why I was thinking...new story to follow the group. So in march, they tease like they did in october, release in may.

Edited by americanaussie

Yes. They did. On livestream, but they couldn't tell us anything about it. It was too soon. We might find out more in Jan, but I'm not holding my breath yet. They all seemed excited but didn't have permission to give away any details. It was just one sentence in a livestream a few weeks ago.

Thank you! I hadn't heard that and haven't seen it reported anywhere else so I appreciate your reply.

If all that's happening all year is group content, us solo players / story players are pretty screwed.

But they've said the group content will drop jan-march. So what, nothing from march until december? That's why I was thinking...new story to follow the group. So in march, they tease like they did in october, release in may.

Eh no, they haven't even started developing the group content. There's no way it will be ready by March, even if they skip PTS for it. You probably confuse it with the Master Mode for the existing content.

Edited by Jerba

Agreed. Better be more story before December! That's insane. Won't be staying subbed much longer if that's the case.

I find this kinda funny...

When PvPers said they were quitting, people said "SWTOR is a story based MMO"

When raiders said they were quitting, people said "SWTOR is a story based MMO"

Yet even when Bioware has promised more story, the story folk threaten to quit...

I find this kinda funny...

When PvPers said they were quitting, people said "SWTOR is a story based MMO"

When raiders said they were quitting, people said "SWTOR is a story based MMO"

Yet even when Bioware has promised more story, the story folk threaten to quit...

No story for an ENTIRE year? What's the point in story folk hanging around for nothing?

No story for an ENTIRE year? What's the point in story folk hanging around for nothing?

The majority of the story players didn't even hang around during January to August 2016, based on the financial reports. I mean, why would you have a monthly subscription when you can just wait half a year and get it all for a single month? The story is way more enjoyable in one piece anyway.

The players who stay subscribed year-long are the MMO/group players, that's why BioWare now focuses on them to keep them subscribed, but they really need to hurry up because even the group players are losing patience after 2 years of no interesting new content, and now a bad gearing system.

The only reason why working on story is profitable is because the story players outnumber the MMO players, and thanks to the new Star Wars movies, BioWare can attract plenty of new story players. It worked well for Episode 7 but I'm not sure how well it will work for Rogue One.

Edited by Jerba

The majority of the story players didn't even hang around during January to August 2016, based on the financial reports. I mean, why would you have a monthly subscription when you can just wait half a year and get it all for a single month? The story is way more enjoyable in one piece anyway.

The players who stay subscribed year-long are the MMO/group players, that's why BioWare now focuses on them to keep them subscribed, but they really need to hurry up because even the group players are losing patience after 2 years of no interesting new content, and now a bad gearing system.

I came back for the monthly chapters - and stayed. In between new story content I did heroics, earned cash, leveled other characters (done all the class stories now), took all the toons through KoTFE who's LI's are back, bought cool stuff from the GTN. Even got several hyper crates and what not and decorated my stronghold.. but if I gotta wait an entire year for more story stuff, yeah, daily heroics are not gunna hold my interest all that time until something new comes along.

[Edit Add] The whole idea of story mode - was supposed to be for the story players too. You know, so they could play through group content for the story. Now even story mode isn't soloable any more. Uprising's story mode requires a group. Veteran level chapters - are impossible to do on dps characters, which most of mine are. Story mode chapters gives crap all CXP so, other then when I feel like repeating the story for story purposes even they aren't worth doing.

Edited by Suzsi