Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So IMPS & REPUBLIC Guards Are now PvP Only?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
So IMPS & REPUBLIC Guards Are now PvP Only?

Jinook_Phi
12.18.2016 , 10:41 PM | #1
I used to be able to buy them and now, PvP only? I need 4 more to wrap up my Tatt SH theme and I dont PvP.

Ideas? Feedback?

Many thanks ;-)
Jin

casirabit
12.18.2016 , 11:07 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinook_Phi View Post
I used to be able to buy them and now, PvP only? I need 4 more to wrap up my Tatt SH theme and I dont PvP.

Ideas? Feedback?

Many thanks ;-)
Jin
Tradeable? If they are then you can do like I did when I needed something from the pvp vendor, ask a friend that pvp to see if they can help.

I asked my boyfriend if he could get me something I wanted from the decoration pvp vendor and he helped me.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Mubrak
12.19.2016 , 05:48 AM | #3
Originally the guards were sold for warzone comms. Now they require valor to buy.
AFAIK all items that require a certain level, valor or reputation to buy also require the same to use/equip.

BW plans to add a valor requirement for the new 5.1 gearing vendors, that will allow you to buy a valor-neutral item, and I guess they'll plan the same for the classic PVP vendor, so people who once bought a weapon with a couple WZ's worth of comms no longer need 30+ valor to equip their weapon.

The simplest way to do this would blocking you from talking to the vendor unless you have enough valor, similiar to the security key, CE or pre-order vendors. If they did it like this, someone who doesn't pvp wouldn't have access to the items sold for dark projects (e.g. spaceships), though, so they would have to add another vendor for that.

Meanwhile you could give PVP a try, just treat everything red as NPCs with rather bad AI. The fight mechanics are simple: don't let them finish their cast on the blue thingy. If you play a healer, not much changes: keep all health bars filled, and hope someone pulls the adds from you. As a dd just stay in the zerg and kill the endless hordes of respawning adds. As a tank the mobs may ignore your taunts, but they do less damage when doing so. Since 5.0 you are no longer punished for having good PVE gear.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG