Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Bioanalysis a credit maker?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is Bioanalysis a credit maker?

Verlaine_
12.14.2016 , 10:23 PM | #1
I came back after being gone for a while and rolled on a new server. I figured I'd pickup a few gathering related crew skills to make some credits. Right now I have Archaeology, Slicing, and Bioanalysis. The first two I'm doing pretty good with, but I'm not sure Bio is worth it. Nodes are everywhere, so I'm still making credits, but the price per unit is fairly low.

Any other suggestions on what may be better to take, for instance scavenging or underworld trading?

Ackire
12.14.2016 , 10:25 PM | #2
If you have the old schematics(purples) from 3.0 or back, then you can do well with implants. Beyond that, i do fairly well with the stims as well. Bioanalysis is no wheres as profitable as the others, but it holds its own.

Verlaine_
12.14.2016 , 10:43 PM | #3
I'm starting over with nothing, just started my character over here last night lol.

At this point I'm more interested in just selling the mats I collect.
Just not sure what other crew skill I should go with, or to stay with bio.

psandak
12.15.2016 , 08:24 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Verlaine_ View Post
I'm starting over with nothing, just started my character over here last night lol.

At this point I'm more interested in just selling the mats I collect.
Just not sure what other crew skill I should go with, or to stay with bio.
Both Bioanalysis and Scavenging have the advantage/disadvantage over archaeology in that they have NPCs you can gather from (beasts and droids respectively). That means that there are more opportunities to gather materials, that translates into higher supply, which means less value.

Archaeology has an advantage in that artifice uses every grade of materials on a consistent basis because of the reworking of color crystal crafting:

blue color crystals always use grade 1 materials
red color crystals always use grade 2 materials
etc up to and through grade 10

My advice would be to stick with BA or switch to Scav, do not switch to a mission skill like UWT, because mission skills cost credits gathering skills can cost nothing. But if you insist upon switching to a mission skill, my advice would be TH or Dip not UWT.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Verlaine_
12.15.2016 , 09:14 AM | #5
Thanks for the input on where to concentrate my efforts.
For now I'm probably going to drop bio for scavenging and see how it goes.

Thanks

MaximilianPower
12.15.2016 , 02:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackire View Post
If you have the old schematics(purples) from 3.0 or back, then you can do well with implants.
Interesting. Bio is the one crew skill I don't really dabble in anymore, but I do have all of those old 3.0 (and earlier) implant schems. This isn't a niche I would have thought profitable (I'm not sure who's buying those), but I'll take a look. Thanks for the idea.

Zuckerkorn Zuckernaut Spiderzuck Tensorcide Zuck-srw'i
Maximilian Power TøbiasFünke Tryhard Neckbeard MaxPower-srw
Star Forge / Satele Shan / Darth Malgus

Self-Inflicted / Shadowlands Reconnaisance Wing / Retrocide / Imperial Entanglements