Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rouge One - First Impressions

FlavivsAetivs
01.12.2017 , 01:40 PM | #121
As far as I am aware, the Bane Trilogy does not conflict with the New Canon. Ruusan, Rakata Prime, etc are all Canon, and there are no Dark Side Force Ghosts (only Holocrons). The only thing I can think of that might be a problem are Orbalisks, and maybe some Sith Alchemy. I don't remember the whole trilogy.

Bane was created by Lucas. Lucas outlined the character for Karpyshyn, who wrote the books. Honestly, I think those books need to be made canon.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

MadDutchman
01.12.2017 , 10:47 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
As far as I am aware, the Bane Trilogy does not conflict with the New Canon. Ruusan, Rakata Prime, etc are all Canon, and there are no Dark Side Force Ghosts (only Holocrons). The only thing I can think of that might be a problem are Orbalisks, and maybe some Sith Alchemy. I don't remember the whole trilogy.

Bane was created by Lucas. Lucas outlined the character for Karpyshyn, who wrote the books. Honestly, I think those books need to be made canon.

~ Eudoxia
Force Ghosts aren't really that much of a problem anyway, we are going solely on Yoda's word that there are no such thing as dark side force ghosts. Dinsey and friends could easily change there mind on it

And the nightsisters we see in Rebels seem pretty force ghost-ish to me. They even have the same weakness as mnay dark side ghosts (that is, bound to a specific area or object)
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

FlavivsAetivs
01.14.2017 , 10:54 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Force Ghosts aren't really that much of a problem anyway, we are going solely on Yoda's word that there are no such thing as dark side force ghosts. Dinsey and friends could easily change there mind on it

And the nightsisters we see in Rebels seem pretty force ghost-ish to me. They even have the same weakness as mnay dark side ghosts (that is, bound to a specific area or object)
They've already stated that they won't be doing Dark Side force ghosts several time because that was part of Lucas' original vision.

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia | Constantia Eudoxya | Euander
GSF School
Jedi Covenant

MadDutchman
01.14.2017 , 10:59 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
They've already stated that they won't be doing Dark Side force ghosts several time because that was part of Lucas' original vision.

~ Eudoxia
Considering how often GL himself changed his vision, I don't think that means much. If Disney decides they want t ogo down that road, they'll do it in a heartbeat.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Wolfninjajedi
01.14.2017 , 02:15 PM | #125
Given that Disney seems to be taking everything back 2 steps compared to its Legends incarnation as a whole Universe, I wouldn't be surprised.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Sith-Viscera
01.14.2017 , 02:46 PM | #126
Well I was like freaked out when i saw a dead man back to life. I had know clue they did what they did. I seen a small trailer and it didnt feature this in it. So i was like THATS, PETER {freakin} CUSHING, I thought, Um, he dead, but he is alive. Then it hit me when he turned to the side just enough i could then see the trait that screamed CGI. It was good though some of the best cgi i've seen, it was pretty scary & convincing. Than it came to Carrie Fisher, i saw Leia OH MY! It brought a tear to my wives eyes, cause we saw it after Carries death.

Over all the film was good. I thought it filled in that gap that leads into Star Wars IV the New Hope, very well. I would of like to see a little more of Forrest Whitaker character play a bigger part than what he did. I guess since there wont be a squeal to the prequel, they figure it was a big enough roll already.

Over all i give it 4 out of 5
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

The_Lost_Bean
01.14.2017 , 04:27 PM | #127
Eh, Kyle Katarn will always be the one who stole the plans for the Death Star.

Not some stupid woman.

Wolfninjajedi
01.14.2017 , 05:13 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Lost_Bean View Post
Eh, Kyle Katarn will always be the one who stole the plans for the Death Star.

Not some stupid woman.
Well he stole partial plans, which were then combined by the other bits of plan a few other Rebel agents stole, to combine into the whole pie(so to speak).

Which makes Vader's line..

"Several transmissions were beamed to this ship."

Confusing, because transmissions weren't beamed aboard the Tantive IV.

I mean minor details and you could say, since the Tantive IV was aboard the ship that received the plans that it was beamed to them. Though even still it wasn't several transmissions either.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.