Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rouge One - First Impressions


t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
12.14.2016 , 09:57 AM | #1
So just come home from watching the movie premiere . . .

Before I go on, I'm gonna put my thoughts in spoiler tags, I really urge any other poster that seen the movie to do the same out of respect for those who's yet to watch it. And to You All I Say; Watch it First and come back later and share.

Spoiler
'm gonna catch some more viewings as I always do . . .

EDIT: No not a reference to Red One - ROGUE ONE

Zhedzaban's Avatar


Zhedzaban
12.14.2016 , 05:34 PM | #2
I must confess I have zero interest in Rogue 1 and to me the franchise is dead as long as Disney has the rights to it.

If I ever get the urge to be preached at with SJW and feminist issues I'll go take a look, but after TFA I've had enough. I'm also getting bored with the Mary Sue characters as well. These movies are clearly not aimed at my generation of Star Wars fans, they are pitched at a younger Disney fan base.

That's fine though, the EU Star Wars and the Bioware stories are far more interesting.
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017

t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
12.15.2016 , 05:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhedzaban View Post
I must confess I have zero interest in Rogue 1 and to me the franchise is dead as long as Disney has the rights to it....

... but after TFA I've had enough.
I read your input mostly as an ideological statement against "The Man", which I fully respect. I don't really know what your qualms with TFA was or rather is, but, for someone that waited some odd 17 years for the prequels just to be heavily disappointed I really share your concern.

TFA for me is a mixed experience, but there's no way I'm ever gonna be able to write off my Star Wars nerd fan interest even if it's more of an academic interest nowadays, tho I must confess that my scepticism towards Lucas started with the Ewoks and was confirmed by TFM.
Spoiler

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
12.15.2016 , 08:39 AM | #4
Sorry to be the grammar nazi but Rouge one is a strange mix of french and english for Red One - the leader of Red Squadron. Better change it to Rogue One if you mean the movie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

t-darko's Avatar


t-darko
12.15.2016 , 08:49 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsetso View Post
Sorry to be the grammar nazi but Rouge one is a strange mix of french and english for Red One - the leader of Red Squadron. Better change it to Rogue One if you mean the movie.
So ouy di'dnt fgiure hte haedre uot !?

Tsetso's Avatar


Tsetso
12.15.2016 , 08:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
So ouy di'dnt fgiure hte haedre uot !?
I skipped everything because i didn't want to see any spoilers.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

blackphantome's Avatar


blackphantome
12.15.2016 , 02:30 PM | #7
I hated TFA and I LOVED Rogue One, fantastic job!
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

Darthmalzai's Avatar


Darthmalzai
12.15.2016 , 05:47 PM | #8
Saw it Yesterday and I was kind of disappointed with it. The only good change is that the weakness of the death star was intented. Vader's last scene was kind of amazing too. So many other parts were stupid tho. X-wing destroying AT-AT's from left to right, Darth Vader doing stupid gestures with his hand, that tentacle monster Saw had, Storm troopers being worse than ever etc. I can go on but there were a lot of this in the movie and it really bugged me.

Zhedzaban's Avatar


Zhedzaban
12.15.2016 , 06:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by t-darko View Post
I read your input mostly as an ideological statement against "The Man", which I fully respect. I don't really know what your qualms with TFA was or rather is, but, for someone that waited some odd 17 years for the prequels just to be heavily disappointed I really share your concern.
I'll try to avoid this becoming a rant, but when I took my daughter to see TFA I left incredibly bored and disappointed but she was mildly entertained (sci-fi is not her thing).

Forgive me if I mess up character names but I found them all forgettable:

Rey - classic poster child Mary Sue. It's like they just moulded Luke, Han and Leia into one character. She could do everything, making every other character superfluous. I just found myself not caring about her character at all, like playing a game in god-mode where you cannot lose. Knew more about the millenium falcon than Han Solo...seriously???Clearly a feminist plant.

Kylo - menacing with the mask on, a petulant child you wanted to slap with the mask off. Vader gave me chills, Ren just annoyed me.

Finn - what a waste of a character. Became nothing more than a comic relief sidekick for Rey. When TFA was first announced I though we were going to get a black jedi, which would have been really interesting. I was really excited until they pulled the old bait and switch and gave everything to Rey and made everyone else redundant. By the end of the film I felt embarrassed for him.

I have no issue with female leads when there is a point to it (Kill Bill is one of my all time favourite movies), but I can't stand it when they are used for nothing more than to push the feminist agenda.
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017

Zhedzaban's Avatar


Zhedzaban
12.15.2016 , 06:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthmalzai View Post
Saw it Yesterday and I was kind of disappointed with it. The only good change is that the weakness of the death star was intented. Vader's last scene was kind of amazing too. So many other parts were stupid tho. X-wing destroying AT-AT's from left to right, Darth Vader doing stupid gestures with his hand, that tentacle monster Saw had, Storm troopers being worse than ever etc. I can go on but there were a lot of this in the movie and it really bugged me.
If I ever see this film it would be to see Vader again. Is it true he is only in it for a few minutes?
RIP APAC players, RIP West Coast Players, RIP anyone not living on the East Coast

The United Forces merger disaster, 2017