Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed with KOTET/KOTFE storyline, anyone else feel that way? (Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Disappointed with KOTET/KOTFE storyline, anyone else feel that way? (Spoilers)

yaorderstank
12.12.2016 , 07:58 PM | #1
It should be noted, spoilers for class stories and expac stories here. It should also be noted that I am aware I have too much time on my hands, lol.

So I played through KotFE and KotET, and I have to say I am more than a little disappointed. Let me preface this by saying I typically play dark sided and Imperial, and those characters are the ones I felt disappointed on. Here are some of the reasons why I felt the story was lacking:

Spoiler

SithKoriandr
12.12.2016 , 09:29 PM | #2
I will agree on the idea of not liking my force users being thrown around. You'd think they'd be a bit better than that. You know, being the best of the last few generations.

I still don't feel the story fit non force users.

The big wait for KotET was for the return of companions that they promised we'd get back in KotET, but they decided to go back on that.

Last scene wasn't us with a LI or anyone.

Personally didn't care for the Walker parts of the story, they moved to slow
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

SerraShar
12.12.2016 , 11:55 PM | #3
Personally , I can ''Tolerate'' their exuse that the Vitiate family are monsters when it come to the force . (I still hate being thrown around) .

But what I found lame , is how dueling with lightsaber.....make us look like we never used one . And holding it like it is a baseball Bat ! *facepalm*...really ? lol

Quote:
Accepting Valkorion's power in Chapter
That's pretty much my biggest annoyance . We never get real powers . We get small powers for cutscene and a fight . Vision in the dark Hinted to growing beyond dark and Light and we get a simple weapon with Buffs !

No new powers . Nothing . We fight Arcann shoving a shield in his face . And by the end of Kotet , we are still with the same old same old......

I think BW like the mobs but doesn't like the players . They took some of our abilities and gave them to the ennemy lol and we still have nothing to show off for all that preaching about being a chosen one and all . Lame Lame Lame...
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn抰 know a moment抯 peace!

MrTwentyGauge
12.13.2016 , 02:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by yaorderstank View Post
It should be noted, spoilers for class stories and expac stories here. It should also be noted that I am aware I have too much time on my hands, lol.

So I played through KotFE and KotET, and I have to say I am more than a little disappointed. Let me preface this by saying I typically play dark sided and Imperial, and those characters are the ones I felt disappointed on. Here are some of the reasons why I felt the story was lacking:

Spoiler
I wish the Sith empire could have overthrown the Eternal Empire. Then you could have to choice of becoming emperor of the sith empire...
"For the Empire!"
If you want 7 days of free subscription and more, click on the link.
P.S. It helps me out. I get a reward too.
http://www.swtor.com/r/36TwnS

MegalexNL
12.13.2016 , 11:16 AM | #5
I磎 not neccesarily dissapointed, but I feel the story writers have written themselves in a corner right now. We all know this 创Eternal Alliance创 is something that cannot stay. I assume the Alliance will have to allign themselves with either Republic or Empire, depending on what faction you are playing for. Or another possibility would be to fight against both factions. Still, I think there磗 no way the story can be continued without it being dissapointing, meaning 创So much for becoming Emperor创 or 创So much for keeping galactic harmony创

Sith-Viscera
12.13.2016 , 11:56 AM | #6
The Story from these 2 expansions are epic. IF your a Force user. A none force user it doesn't feel right. I will say only reason why it works for my bounty hunter is mainly because of the Back story on her. Which is: a daughter of a Jedi mother & a sith Father. It was a forbidden love between her parents. So she struggles between the light and Dark but once she was blown out of the skies of Balmora and her and most of her crew was put back together with cybernetics, she is half machine now and with that comes bitter anger & hatred Towards her once beloved Republic because it was their friendly fire that brought her down & she struggles no more, she slips to the Dark Side fast and hard. Once and for all.

She has learned a few force powers over the years. So for me and that story that i concocted in my head, KOTFE & KOTET story lines works for her. If any thing it brought the force hidden deep with in her out of her, that was actually being force suppressed.

But my Agent and my Gunslinger and Trooper, Um Not so much....
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

cool-dude
12.13.2016 , 01:05 PM | #7
Problem I see is that you're going to have to write one hell of a villain to compete with Vitiate.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

yaorderstank
12.13.2016 , 01:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MegalexNL View Post
I feel the story writers have written themselves in a corner right now.
This is my thought as well. They really created too expansive a story concept to really make it consistent/enjoyable for everyone. A third, powerful faction with its own history and philosophy, multiple antagonists and protagonists, and all of them have to tie in with your character somehow despite characters being radically different from each other. In my opinion I would have liked it way more if they had decided to just make more class stories completely unrelated to each other for the expansions, such as:

Spoiler

etc, etc. The more I think about it the sadder I become that it didn't happen lol.

MollyDresden
12.13.2016 , 02:07 PM | #9
As an Inquisitor, even though I tried to get rid of my force ghosts, I know at least one of them (maybe 2?) stuck around anyway. Which makes it really weird that there's not a hint of them in all those scenes in my head or fighting force spirits. No acknowledgement that they're still there at all.

Sith-Viscera
12.13.2016 , 05:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yaorderstank View Post
This is my thought as well. They really created too expansive a story concept to really make it consistent/enjoyable for everyone. A third, powerful faction with its own history and philosophy, multiple antagonists and protagonists, and all of them have to tie in with your character somehow despite characters being radically different from each other. In my opinion I would have liked it way more if they had decided to just make more class stories completely unrelated to each other for the expansions, such as:

Spoiler

etc, etc. The more I think about it the sadder I become that it didn't happen lol.
I had kinda said the same thing back in the beginning of KOTFE after the first few chapters.
You did say it better though.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G