Flagship hook increase

bncsmom

While I realize there was an increase to the amount of usable hooks on the flagships not too long ago, it's really not enough. In order to meaningfully decorate, with ample possibilities for a well-decorated room, including the walls, it is my belief that we should have no fewer than 1000 usable hooks. Please increase our number of hooks for the flagships so that we may decorate more meaningfully, including our walls.

Thank you.

Or, have limits per floor that don't impact the limits on the other floors.

There are five decks, each with a different amount of space. While I like the thought of having limitations per deck, the question then would be how to divide the available hooks for the entire ship between the decks. If it's a matter of dividing them evenly, we run into the problem of having more than enough usable hooks for, say, the Officer Deck, but then the Crew Deck, which has 6 rooms plus the main hallway and the entryway, runs the risk of running out of space before you even get a chance to decorate the first two rooms.

Conversely, if they're divided based on the number of rooms on a deck, and they don't have a combined limit of more than the current amount (800 hooks, if I remember correctly), we could end up still having barely enough for each deck to allow for meaningful decoration.

It would still only work if the combined maximum amount of hooks were no fewer than 1000. This would allow for decorating the walls and the ceiling, as well as the floor, of each room.

Thank you for your added suggestion, though. It might be a good idea for Bioware to look at the possibility of not only increasing the usable hook limit, but also maybe giving each deck a limit of its own, to help with hook management.

It's a hard grind for a small guild to try and expand a flagship. You don't get an encryption for completing a conquest unless you're in the top 10, and that is impossible for small guilds. That means you have to buy them on the GTN by grinding credits.

It would be helpful to have a higher hook maximum for the initial purchase.

Personally, I'd like an option to buy flagship expansions with Cartel Coins. Let small guilds make up in money what they lack in members.

Edited by Xina_LA

Personally, I'd like an option to buy flagship expansions with Cartel Coins. Let small guilds make up in money what they lack in members.

This is a great idea, too! Those guilds that are small and don't have the member base or enough people with enough time and drive to push conquest points need to be able to finish their flagship somehow. Thanks for adding this suggestion, too. Perhaps this'll catch BW's eye. :)

This is a great idea, too! Those guilds that are small and don't have the member base or enough people with enough time and drive to push conquest points need to be able to finish their flagship somehow. Thanks for adding this suggestion, too. Perhaps this'll catch BW's eye. :)

I am part of a 2-man guild and I have unlocked 6 expansions in a month. And we didn't even spend that much. Please, leave at least part of this game that isn't affected by the cash-cow and isn't pay=to-win.

I do, whoever, want more hooks ---- and more decks!

I am part of a 2-man guild and I have unlocked 6 expansions in a month. And we didn't even spend that much. Please, leave at least part of this game that isn't affected by the cash-cow and isn't pay=to-win.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like you to share how you accomplished this.

All of the initial deck expansions take 4+ frameworks, which means 80 encryptions. At the average price of 300k per encryption, that is 24 million credits just to make the frameworks, plus 5 million credits more just open one room on one deck.

29 million credits for one room is beyond my reach.

http://dulfy.net/2014/08/05/swtor-guild-flagship-unlocking-costs-guide/

Edited by Xina_LA

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like you to share how you accomplished this.

All of the initial deck expansions take 4+ frameworks, which means 80 encryptions. At the average price of 300k per encryption, that is 24 million credits just to make the frameworks, plus 5 million credits more just open one room on one deck.

Incorrect. It takes 50 encryptions to make a framework, so I'm not sure where you got 80. Regardless, we are more than caable of crafting Dark Projects whcih can be exchanged for encryptions directly, or sold and other encryptiosn bought in their stead. Additionally, it is beyond trivial to form groups for framework runs wihth named commanders.

The thing is, we can already pay with cc to expand our personal strongholds. Why not allow members to donate cc to expand the guild flagship and/or stronghold? It could be locked so that guildmasters cannot use it for anything but the stronghold and flagship, so that they cannot withdraw those cc for their personal use, and when both are fully expanded, the ability to donate can be disabled.

By the way, that cash-cow pays for the game and extra things, such as designing more decks and expanding usable hook numbers. This would be another source of revenue for the company that might make it possible to have more decks designed and rolled out for both flagships in the future.

BTW, I love the idea of more decks! We'd need much more than 1000 hooks if that were a possibility, though. Closer to 1500-2000, depending on how many more decks they were to give us...

Thanks for chiming in! :)

As NicSunrider (I hope I spelled that correctly...) said, it takes 50 Encryptions to make 1 Framework, so your math is a little bit askew.

However, it's possible to get frameworks from commander runs and from crafting. Until 5.0 was released, it took 8 Exotic Isotope Stabilizers, available through ops, flashpoints, the eternal championship, and the vendor on Odessen (for data crystals), to make a Dark Project. Those could be traded for the Encryptions, then 50 Encryptions traded for 1 Framework. Very little credits are actually needed to put together the Frameworks, unless one just wants to speed up the acquisition a bit by supplementing with any they find on the GTN cheap (I consider anything up to 250k per Encryption to be "cheap" btw). You can sometimes find Frameworks on the GTN cheap, as well (cheap here being up to about 15 million each, depending on the server).

Also, if they have any of their alts in another guild that does Conquest and if that guild makes the leaderboards, they have the ability to choose one of the three different Encryptions so long as that toon made their personal conquest goal that week. That's another possibility to providing a small guild with the Encryptions.

I agree, my guild averages about 4-5 active members at a time and we finished our ship in roughly a year or so, there is nothing wrong with the system as it is for any size guild.

I also, however, want more hooks -and more decks! open those 2 doors on the command deck, I'll gladly collect 100 more encrypts!

If it takes 50 encryptions for one framework, then it's 200 encryptions for 4 frameworks, which means 5 million room unlock + 60 million for encryptions, which is 65 million to unlock one room on one deck. That's even more outrageous.

I understand that some guilds can craft Dark Projects to trade for encryptions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to have a character in the guild with each of the crafting crew skills to make those, as it takes one of every type of supply plus an exotic isotope. That's a lot of characters doing crafting.

You can unlock personal strongholds with CC, so it makes sense to let guild expansions unlock with CC. There are many threads where people worry about subscription numbers and profit. We all know that the more money SWTOR makes, the better it will be. This seems like an easy new source of revenue. People would still be able to unlock them with conquests, so those who have more time than money would still get their reward. It's win-win.

If it takes 50 encryptions for one framework, then it's 200 encryptions for 4 frameworks, which means 5 million room unlock + 60 million for encryptions, which is 65 million to unlock one room on one deck. That's even more outrageous.

I understand that some guilds can craft Dark Projects to trade for encryptions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to have a character in the guild with each of the crafting crew skills to make those, as it takes one of every type of supply plus an exotic isotope. That's a lot of characters doing crafting.

You can unlock personal strongholds with CC, so it makes sense to let guild expansions unlock with CC. There are many threads where people worry about subscription numbers and profit. We all know that the more money SWTOR makes, the better it will be. This seems like an easy new source of revenue. People would still be able to unlock them with conquests, so those who have more time than money would still get their reward. It's win-win.

As I have said ad nauseum, I am sick and tired of people "buying" their way to unlocks. It isn't hard to buy CCs with daddy's credit card (or yours), but it does take effort to run commanders, to participate in conquest. Pah-lease leave something that requires actual effort in thsi game.

It isn't hard to buy CCs with daddy's credit card (or yours), but it does take effort to run commanders, to participate in conquest. Pah-lease leave something that requires actual effort in thsi game.

There was no need to get insulting. If you want to talk about effort, think about what's paying off the credit card. I guarantee that a real-life job is much more difficult than playing a game to grind goodies.

Expanding a flagship doesn't make a guild beat other guilds in conquest. The guilds who take conquest seriously and enjoy being in the top 10 will not suffer because other people are busy roleplaying and decorating in their flagships. It costs them nothing when other people expand. This is no different than buying personal stronghold expansions for CC.

If you enjoy grinding, go for it, but don't tell other people that their style of play is wrong.

It's holiday season. Don't be a scrooge.