Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chapter Six of KotET chased me back to WoW and Rift (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Chapter Six of KotET chased me back to WoW and Rift (spoilers)

Dreamquencher
12.11.2016 , 01:41 AM | #1
Dear Devs,
I have no desire to have all of my abilities stripped from me so I can infiltrate a frigging party.

I really do not care about Vaylin or the rest of her family. Why should I?

Reactivated my subs to Rift and WoW after three years.

Please let me know when you fix this game for people who want to play in the Star Wars universe,
rather than the abomination which is the pathetic KotFE/KotET story line.

Thanks.
--
Dreamquencher: Extinguishing Damaging Dreams since 1990
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit, My Friend...

X-Dice
12.11.2016 , 02:10 AM | #2
That's the stupidest thing I've seen this week.

Leklor
12.11.2016 , 02:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by X-Dice View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've seen this week.
I must admit... This is pretty dumb.
It's literally one half of a story chapter.
If that's enough to drive this guy away from the game, he was practically out of the door already.
There are far more valid reasons to leave SWTOR than a fraking temporary gameplay shift.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

Eshvara
12.11.2016 , 02:31 AM | #4
I never understood why people want to play multiple MMO'S at a time.
Also didn't know rift was still a thing. I'm surprised it still has a sub model! Didn't it go f2p?
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

Tsillah
12.11.2016 , 02:34 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Leklor View Post
I must admit... This is pretty dumb.
It's literally one half of a story chapter.
If that's enough to drive this guy away from the game, he was practically out of the door already.
There are far more valid reasons to leave SWTOR than a fraking temporary gameplay shift.
I would say it's fair to state that this must've been the final straw that broke the camel's back.

It's funny I've been watching a lot of Battlestar Galactica recently (the newer series, love both). President Roslin has a sign up where she keeps track of how many people are left in the human race. It's not a very high number and they're struggling to keep it from falling down even further.

Well, it seems an interesting analogy at the moment. Don't think the game is dying btw but considering the quick reactions from BWA and sudden added livestreams, I just get the feeling that they lost more players than anticipated. Just a bit odd when this a reason for someone leaving. So far people generally have been positive of the story, even if they hate GC. But we all have our things.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't

Tsillah
12.11.2016 , 02:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Also didn't know rift was still a thing. I'm surprised it still has a sub model! Didn't it go f2p?
Most games that go F2P still have a sub option. If the sub actually gives you something useful I prefer being subbed myself.
Galactic Command shall fall. May the Empire rise!

Gratuitous display of referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB Use it for some goodies or don't

SerraShar
12.11.2016 , 02:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
when I played Rift years ago..it was f2p . The sub was optional .

I..didnt play it that long . Cose it felt so very like GW2...very similar..almost a copy .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Eshvara
12.11.2016 , 02:37 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Most games that go F2P still have a sub option. If the sub actually gives you something useful I prefer being subbed myself.
I didn't know it did, but then again, the last time I heard of Rift was when it went F2P.
#Arcannite
💫Darth Malgus💫

AscendingSky
12.11.2016 , 02:46 AM | #9
You know, for all the things EAWare has done lately to upset and demoralize me... the KOTET chapters weren't one of them. I actually liked them for the most part. Yeah, that part of Chapter VI was a bit annoying; the puzzle requires a lot of running around clicking on things trying to figure out the thread of logic the developers designed. It reminded me of old school adventure games. But if you really just hate spending time trying to figure out the (admittedly somewhat obtuse) order, you can always look up the guide on Dulfy and get it done in like 5 minutes.

revkashepard
12.11.2016 , 02:54 AM | #10
lol, a little puzzle make people rage quit? Its not even that hard