Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR in the Life of a Casual

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR in the Life of a Casual

ENVISIONocity
02.18.2017 , 06:46 AM | #281
I finished the main story of KOTET last evening and I look forward to replaying it next as a full light side Republic force user to come at the story from that perspective. I haven't decided what class to do this with yet, so I'm open to suggestions.

I haven't done any of the alliance alerts, I think they're called. Which is fine, because I will be letting Danarrah enjoy her time on the Eternal Throne before going into the side stories-- or I could run her alliance missions simultaneous with the LS Republic character to get a sense of what she was up to as my Repub awakens as the Outlander. What do you think?

As for the story itself, I think it was one that I clearly played to the end and now want to play it from a different tangent, and that should stand on its own merits.

I'll admit to ESC'ing at certain choices I made that I felt didn't fit the journey I saw Danarrah on as she went from her arrival at the Sith Academy on to becoming Empress of the Eternal Empire, and those moments of choice that I have heard others talk about weren't among those moments I reset the conversation because she didn't hesitate on those or second-guess herself.

I think there were only two (at most) moments where she chose a light-side decision, but she is full Dark Side at this point, and I believe I just saw her at Command Rank 18.

Apart from a belt piece and a wrist piece that showed up in crates as I played, I stayed with my personalized look (gear) for Danarrah. I love her headpiece: it defines her personality especially. Not even sure what the headpiece is called, because I never keep track of that: if it looks like it goes with the alt, I pick it up for them.

I do wish that Bioware would offer a way to customize our companions of KOTFE/KOTET once we've ascended to the Throne. If they're concerned about people slapping a slave girl top on Lana, then why not handle it with the same setting that prevents us from putting one of those on a male character, problem solved.

There was a moment, a statement that was written into a conversation that was completely out-of-character for Danarrah and broke the immersion for me, and the only other matter was the bug-eyed look which to make Danarrah look shocked, I guess. Hopefully that animation improves over time, because it's too funny at times, making this dark story into a spontaneous comedy.

The battles were decently paced, but I now see what others mean when they talk about the skytroopers who think their the Zerg and keep showing up almost to parody levels. Just went on and on at times. It wasn't annoying for me, personally. Almost amusing and I used the fodder to hone up on my rotation— or at least what passed for my rotation as a button-masher who likes when the buttons light up so I know what to do next, lol!

I learned how to think my way through the expansions as puzzles arose for the first time. I was pretty stumped on them, and there was one which I religiously used the Help button to see me through it. I would've never figured that one out except by accident. But I enjoyed them all!

The walker moments? You get to stomp on those little gnats biting at your legs— how cool is that?! And I was having so much fun mashing taters that I didn't even notice until the very last walker I would pilot in the main story that you could regen! Oh, I slay me sometimes! <I do NOT approve of my jawas being changed. Wahhh!> So I'll pay closer attention to that this next time through.

The "boss" fights went well for Danarrah. Only one felt that it went on a little too long, but none reached the eternal feel of the fight with Revan, in her pre-Outlander days. The timed segment got me the first two tries, and made me more resourceful by that third try, I have to admit.

I look forward to where Bioware goes next, if they can. I think they will stick with Uprisings until they have a better idea of how to continue the story for the Empress. Which is fine, because it's going to take me a while to catch up on all of the side stories as well play as a LS Republic character.

And even after that I want to see a non-force user play through neutrally, or near so as I can manage. I picture them as someone who has very little care for the politics of force users, Jedi and Sith alike, but sees no reason NOT to profit from the opportunity it presents, either. After all, as lucrative as things were with the fighting between the Empire and the Republic for "business," a few more creds isn't a bad thing, either.

How will he decide at the end, though? He'd been avoiding taking a side his entire life, and now there was no escape. His destiny stands in front of him in the Throne room, and what will he do, in that moment?

That's what I look forward to seeing when the time comes.

Like I said, though, I'm open to your suggestions on which Repub I should consider.

ImmortalLowlife
02.18.2017 , 02:13 PM | #282
Quote: Originally Posted by ENVISIONocity View Post
I finished the main story of KOTET last evening and I look forward to replaying it next as a full light side Republic force user to come at the story from that perspective. I haven't decided what class to do this with yet, so I'm open to suggestions.
The entire story seems like it works best with the Jedi Knight imo.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Lunafox
02.18.2017 , 06:44 PM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
The entire story seems like it works best with the Jedi Knight imo.
It's the only story it works on. You could do it with any force user if you're willing to overlook some stuff, but JK is where it's at for the newer chapters.

BH, smugs, troopers, agents...it really doesn't add up, at least in my thinking anyways.

ImmortalLowlife
02.18.2017 , 07:50 PM | #284
But Luna....

"My ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the different classes in SWTOR."
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

djungelvraaal
01.13.2018 , 11:47 AM | #285
Does it count as necro when it's a thread like this one? Haven't been subscribing for quite a while, hence no forum posting!
Are you guys still here? Luna, I see you in other threads, but obviously haven't been able to say anything, yes, yes, I lurk when I can't write! But the rest of you , where are you?