Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Synthweaving] Synthweaving = profits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Synthweaving] Synthweaving = profits?

Lexiw
12.09.2016 , 01:39 PM | #1
I have been playing this game on and off for some time but i have never picked up a crew skill and leveled it to max and now i am into Synthweaving and im wondering if it is possible to make decent amounts of credits of it or am i better off just picking gathering proffs and sell the mats?
My referral link. Click it to get 7 days free subscription and some in-game goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/zWPsLZ

DawnAskham
12.09.2016 , 01:49 PM | #2
Crafting and selling Crit and Alacrity augments is like printing free credits, especially if you have rank 50 comps for slicing and rank 50 comps for synthweaving.

psandak
12.09.2016 , 01:52 PM | #3
Synthweaving is the second most profitable crafting skill in the game (Artifice is #1). BUT, it is not the most diverse catalogue of items...there are two: alacrity and critical augments. Synthweaving definitely falls under the "Make credits not stuff" category in my money making guide; you make what sells not what you think should sell.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Ackire
12.09.2016 , 10:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Synthweaving is the second most profitable crafting skill in the game (Artifice is #1). BUT, it is not the most diverse catalogue of items...there are two: alacrity and critical augments. Synthweaving definitely falls under the "Make credits not stuff" category in my money making guide; you make what sells not what you think should sell.
While you are right in most cases, I have been able to find niche markets on my server for other items that some synths can create. Things like war hero and battle master gear, chanlon gear, and even some of the phobium sets. Now granted this isnt on most servers, but thankfully my server isnt most.

Khevar
12.09.2016 , 11:16 PM | #5
Synthweaving is the second most profitable crafting skill in the game (Artifice is #1).
For me, it's Cybertech.

In 4.0 Artifice was my big moneymaker. But for 5.0, the stuff I make and list from my Cybertech sells so quickly, I've not been able to keep it in stock.

This may change once the big rush for players to get their 228 gear settles down.

psandak
12.10.2016 , 08:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackire View Post
While you are right in most cases, I have been able to find niche markets on my server for other items that some synths can create. Things like war hero and battle master gear, chanlon gear, and even some of the phobium sets. Now granted this isnt on most servers, but thankfully my server isnt most.
The question I have is, how fast do you sell these items?

During 4.x, when I was working crew skills at my "normal" pace (cycling through my characters 10 times a week; once every morning and three nights a week) I would sell close to 100 alacrity and critical augments a week.

I have always championed quantity over quality; I would rather KNOW I will sell 100 items at 40k a piece than try to sell 10 items at 400k each.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
For me, it's Cybertech.

In 4.0 Artifice was my big moneymaker. But for 5.0, the stuff I make and list from my Cybertech sells so quickly, I've not been able to keep it in stock.

This may change once the big rush for players to get their 228 gear settles down.
Your last statement is key - one cannot judge a crafting skill's profitability early in an expansion's life cycle.

Lastly, one distinct advantage that artifice has over all the other crafting skills is its cosmetic items (color crystals and dye modules). Late in the 4.x cycle while all my other crafters were struggling to sell and/or profit (because demand waned for everything), my artificer continued to crank out and profit from cosmetic items.
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Ackire
12.10.2016 , 09:27 AM | #7
Pasandk, I was unable to qoute your question to me, so I will have to just do it the normal way.

My synth weaver averaged prior to the new patch, right around 12 to 14 mil a week. That is all clothing as all my of my augs are moved to another toon to sell stuff. Now part of clothing, I include armor mods as well. So if I am to break that down even more, than I would say roughly 6 mil a week of that 12 to 14 mil is straight clothing such as battle master, war hero or other such sets that can be made.

Now, as I said before, my server might be a slight more unique in that people try on outifts or change outfits daily so that helps my sales some.

psandak
12.10.2016 , 08:19 PM | #8
Well looking at The Harbinger's pricing on Battle Master and War Hero armor, I see the potential value (low end is 200k). And IIRC these schematics are no longer available, so if you have them now you can craft them, but new players are SOL.

Ackire
12.10.2016 , 09:44 PM | #9
Well looking at The Harbinger's pricing on Battle Master and War Hero armor, I see the potential value (low end is 200k). And IIRC these schematics are no longer available, so if you have them now you can craft them, but new players are SOL.
Not exactly true. As i said, I do alot of other armors such as brocart armors, demicot armors, phobium and reinforced chanlon sets as well. The demicot and brocart gear looks like some of the cartel stuff that sells for decent amts. So I sell those sets as well.

wainot-keel
12.11.2016 , 07:35 AM | #10
The question I have is, how fast do you sell these items?

During 4.x, when I was working crew skills at my "normal" pace (cycling through my characters 10 times a week; once every morning and three nights a week) I would sell close to 100 alacrity and critical augments a week.

I have always championed quantity over quality; I would rather KNOW I will sell 100 items at 40k a piece than try to sell 10 items at 400k each.

Your last statement is key - one cannot judge a crafting skill's profitability early in an expansion's life cycle.

Lastly, one distinct advantage that artifice has over all the other crafting skills is its cosmetic items (color crystals and dye modules). Late in the 4.x cycle while all my other crafters were struggling to sell and/or profit (because demand waned for everything), my artificer continued to crank out and profit from cosmetic items.
Artifice was your star crafter ?
Damn. Aside from a few dyes and crystals here and there, I pretty much let it to rot.
For me, problem was the hassle of all those colors, many different mats, the popular dyes selling for 20k, more "rare" colors at higher but selling less reliabily, lots of work involved.

But my synthweaver, with alacrity and critical augments, well.... there were times I wasnt able to keep up. The only toon I bought all the gtn slot expansions for. Everything sold the same night I listed that stuff. Of course, no way of grinding the purple mats on my own, so I started buying in bulk, I remember having around 5k of those.
Of course, the demand wanst always that hight but it never actually faded. For real, I was selling those 208 augments with ease the week prior to 5.0