Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Craft Colour Crystals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can't Craft Colour Crystals

Palathas
12.09.2016 , 02:36 AM | #1
I've been away for a while but from what I've been able to find Artificers still should be able to make colour crystals. I've been to the trainer and they don't offer basic colour crystal recipes. All they have are purple Enhanced colour crystals. Is there a special way to get basic colour crystal recipes now? Do I have to keep sending crew out to get crystals and hope that I get Wind Crystals turn up so I can craft the purple items?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Jofen
12.09.2016 , 10:38 AM | #2
Yes you will need wind crystals to craft. If you previously had color crystals you could craft, check the archive folder on your artiface crafting window.
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]█[ө]█\\\\\█[ө]█/////█[ө]█[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

gaelicvixen
12.09.2016 , 11:03 AM | #3
And you can get Wind Crystals from one of the Jawa Junk Peddlers on fleet.

Palathas
12.10.2016 , 04:49 PM | #4
No Archive folder as it's a new character. If there are no basic colour crystal recipes where the heck do you get colour crystals from now? Why do crystal fragments appear in crystal harvesting?

Pardoz
12.10.2016 , 06:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Palathas View Post
No Archive folder as it's a new character. If there are no basic colour crystal recipes where the heck do you get colour crystals from now? Why do crystal fragments appear in crystal harvesting?
The old low-stat crystals are gone, all craftable crystals are now +41 stat (and require purple mats to craft). As you level Artificing you'll learn new colours instead of getting the basic blue/green/red but with better stats every tier.

Crystal fragments are also used to craft dyes, and used in some Prefab and Conquest crafting items.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a launcher downloading Main Assets 6 forever.

MyNameIsGoga
12.10.2016 , 10:23 PM | #6
I suppose there is no way to get them from trainer right now, but you might try to RE them and learn schematics from there

eartharioch
12.11.2016 , 12:27 AM | #7
As mentioned, there are no low-level crystals anymore (unless you have old schematics) -- all the new trainer schematics are for +41 stat crystals, and [most] have no level restriction (CM crystals require char level 10).

The Artifice Trainer should have Advanced Blue Crystal schematics for sale at Artifice Level 1, Red available at Artifice level 80, Yellow at Artifice level 160, and Green at 240 -- there will be additional colors available as your Artifice level increases. There may be some available from schematic drops, but I believe that RE'ing crystals to learn schematics was a silent nerf as of 4.x.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Palathas
12.11.2016 , 05:23 PM | #8
Ok, thanks all. I've got my crew out gathering the mats. Things have changed considerably in this game since I played last.

Tanks eartharioch, that is good to know about the skill levels . I was actually after Yellow but it looks like I'll have to wait a little while. Although not too long.

eartharioch
12.11.2016 , 06:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Palathas View Post
Ok, thanks all. I've got my crew out gathering the mats. Things have changed considerably in this game since I played last.

Tanks eartharioch, that is good to know about the skill levels . I was actually after Yellow but it looks like I'll have to wait a little while. Although not too long.
Not too long at all -- you'll need Bonded Attachments, so buy the new schematics whenever you can -- you should [almost] always have one either orange or yellow, and if you set a couple of companions to do sets of five, it actually goes by pretty quickly. Four x 5 when you first get a schematic is usually good enough to get to the next grade level (maybe a few more at lower levels).
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link