Ben just unironically called RNG "exciting"

XhrisShan

You know, when you grind for days to get a good chestpiece but never get one?

When someone who has a lower skill level and less time investment than you has better gear than you?

This is "exciting", apparently.

If anyone needed any further proof of how utterly out of touch the devs are, this is it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i spammed rng questions all the time. and did we get a good response??? of course not. and for this i stayed up until almost 2:30 am. thank you for nothing BW lol:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Eh, sweet lady)

Don't worrie)

They will start making sense...

...at some point...

...maybe :confused:

I guess when subs population will get low enough - they willl do something even more "exciting" :D

You know, when you grind for days to get a good chestpiece but never get one?

When someone who has a lower skill level and less time investment than you has better gear than you?

This is "exciting", apparently.

If anyone needed any further proof of how utterly out of touch the devs are, this is it.

Apparently you've never heard of gambling. There is excitement in wondering where ones luck will land on the draw. Obliviously a philosophy above the pay grade of some. Suffice to say the system is made to be a gear hunt, not a guaranteed static drop. Time or level makes no difference as everyone is bound equally & fairly by the same random odds.

Apparently you've never heard of gambling. There is excitement in wondering where ones luck will land on the draw. Obliviously a philosophy above the pay grade of some. Suffice to say the system is made to be a gear hunt, not a guaranteed static drop. Time or level makes no difference as everyone is bound equally & fairly by the same random odds.

There is excitement for some, they can't stop doing it, but for others it's a massive source of frustration. This is a form of addiction, some people are addict, others can't stand it.

I'm extremely frustrated when I get a 5th relic that I can't use since they are awful, but I still need 2 relics on that toon.

I missed most of the live stream, but I saw this part. My first thought was that no matter how good the rest of the information was, the word "exciting" destroy everything they were going to accomplish.

One bad word / phrase can completely undermine a message.

It's exciting to them because it's "how they feel the game should be played". I couldn't believe the arrogance they showed in telling us the way we should be playing the game.

And yet, did you catch the comment at the beginning that they want to make sure WE, the paying players, get the game we want to play. The hypocrisy was astounding on that livestream.

And yet, did you catch the comment at the beginning that they want to make sure WE, the paying players, get the game we want to play. The hypocrisy was astounding on that livestream.

I must have missed that part due to one of the billion technical difficulties they had keeping the stream going.

Same here, since I've unsubscribed, I got so much more fun in the game since I don't care anymore about all the **** the devs do.

Yeah, I hear you, I hadn't quite decided ,if I was gonna unsubscribe or not( even though, yes, I was leaning towards that) but the stream did it for me, I don't even know where to begin, rng exciting...No, not really... boosting the CXP on golds to two instead of one? sure, it's a 100 % increase, from what it is currently, it's still however, an insult in my opinion, I get that they want to push group content, although, I'm pretty sure that the people who prefer group content, do that anyway, without this grind( or possibly more without this grind, because then it would just be for fun)

I'm done, I've played this game on and off( mostly on) for a long time, but I do have limits, and I'm sure there are games out there, where the devs don't assume that their playerbase isn't completely stupid, or believe that their players will just eat anything up without showing with their wallets, what they really think, when the people creating the game say" this isn't fun" as in deciding what the players should, in their opinion find fun.

Of course, I'm not stating any of this as facts, these are just my opinions.(well, except for what they actually said on the stream lol)

That could have never been on the bingo.:rak_03:

Damn, I was so busy repeatedly asking my question I forgot to play that. Got a link to the pic?

Your analogy would be accurate if not for

• Needing to grind every time you want to roll the dice
  • The disparity in the quality and likelihood of "wins".

It's exciting to them because it's "how they feel the game should be played". I couldn't believe the arrogance they showed in telling us the way we should be playing the game.

I know right? I couldn't care less what the devs want me to do. It's not like I'm breaking any rules. I will use the time that I paid for in whatever manner I see fit, thank you very much.

Well that's that I guess...

Back to dead and or dying servers in 2 months nose dive mode engaged.

Oh well no boys to run 5 year old content with no point...

Time to go back to camping on fleet people watching and just giving free **** away to new players from the old fort knox of a guild bank my guilds old crafters filed up.

Edited by mfourcustom

RNG for gear is, by definition, not fair. You have the same chance of gear dropping from a crate if you got your level from clearing a NiM operation as you do by going into a GSF deathmatch and repeatedly kamikazing into the nearest rock to make the match end faster.

If you're a gambling addict who doesn't understand the Gambler's Fallacy, sure, maybe RNG is exciting to you. But those of us without gambling addictions who have sensible brains in our heads see this for the scam it is. Especially when you can pay to win now.

Actually, the exact opposite of unexciting. As someone who values effort, I like to do things that I may or may not 100% enjoy for what I want, rather than do things for a *CHANCE* for what I want. If I wanted to gamble in a game, I'd play a random Asian MMO.

After being able to occasionally get what I wanted with Common Data Crystals in 4.0 while doing content I liked, Companion Gifts were a relatively common thing. Now, currently with my luck in 5.0, the gifts don't exist for me except for the "opportunity" to buy one 250,000k a pop, which I absolutely can't afford.

o/

No kidding. The unmitigated gall of those people is just nauseating.

Hey, Ben! You can think this new system is 'exciting' all you want, but if your players disagree, guess what, you're out of a job when the game shuts down! What you want in a game does not matter. It's what your players want. They are the one paying to keep this game up and running.

"Obliviously" you are not aware that gambling is not a philosophy, but a mildly dubious entertainment at best and an addiction at worst. The dig about the pay grade is especially inapproprate. But please, go on defending any word out of a Bioware rep's mouth, regardless of how stupid. Please. I consider it very entertaining.

Gambling is different from RNG. A spin of the roulette wheel gives a gambler known odds for a known payoff. Those so inclined can determine the odds of drawing for the inside straight. Hell, even scratch offs have known odds of winning. The only form of gambling this can be compared to is a slot machine. The difference is that a slot machine doesn't increase in cost (or in the case of RNG, time) for a new pull of the handle.

Gambling is different from RNG. A spin of the roulette wheel gives a gambler known odds for a known payoff. Those so inclined can determine the odds of drawing for the inside straight. Hell, even scratch offs have known odds of winning. The only form of gambling this can be compared to is a slot machine. The difference is that a slot machine doesn't increase in cost (or in the case of RNG, time) for a new pull of the handle.

Even slot machines are limited by state regulations requiring the percentage of payouts to be at a certain minimum level. (Source: my best friend works for a company that makes slot machines.) With EAWare, they can set the RNG payouts as low as they want, or change it behind the scenes whenever they want, and we have no way or knowing or even proving it. That's scummy.