5.0 Focus/Rage rotation

kakiaszadba

Seems to be some commentary about how dropping (not using) Ravage actually helps dps, since Ravage doesn't count towards the lvl 32 passive (Overpower) that reduces the active cooldown of Smash, Raging Burst, Obliterate, and Enrage. Have not tested.

Here's what Winky86 posted on Reddit/swtor: Bant's rotation is also cited below by Winky86.

[–]Winky86 2 pontos 11 hours ago

It is there in the Spredsheet. But for clarification, my is:

Raging Burst>Furious Strike>Piercing Chill>Obliterate>SunderingAssault>Force Scream

Raging Burst>Force Crush>Furious Strike>Piercing Chill>Obliterate>Ravage

You keep cycling 1 and 2 until target is down, or AOE is required.

Yesterday Bant posted his rotation, which I am currently struggling with keeping up without strange delays:

Raging Burst > Obliterate > Ravage > Furious Strike > Sundering Assault > Chilling Scream

Raging Burst > Obliterate > Force Crush > Furious Strike > Force Scream > Chilling Scream

I have to admit, that one is easier to remember, but it just didn't feel right for me, with waiting times while i can still use some other ability.

(you can check his source at: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112 at bottom under spoiler: Individual Class note)

brazilboy, thank you for citing.

I just wanted to add, that you can take a look on my spreadsheet:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=D46FF1E796AB0BE9!100927&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!ADyL9BmyvhcKYWk

And see more details about the rotation.

You can even download it and edit.

I recommend only changing of ability names in rotation, and watch the time passed between abilities so you do not cross the CD of it.

You can model your rotation into it, and see direct result onto your dps with optimized gear.

Never really played Rage, but going by the patchnotes, it didn't get anything new really, other than that passive that makes obliterate or furious strike free. So the rotation should still work the same as before :)

Regarding this, parse and theorycrafting seems to have different results. (At least for me).

Legendary Utility, which adds Elemental DoT for Chilling Scream is one of the top performers for both Rage and Vengeance. So I would recommend to implement it into rotation.

Winky,

In your rotation above, how are you not running out of rage? When I try to follow the rotation, I am always running dry and having to move Sundering Assault up and use Enrage, but I still can't maintain it.

Same goes for Bant's rotation.

Winky,

In your rotation above, how are you not running out of rage? When I try to follow the rotation, I am always running dry and having to move Sundering Assault up and use Enrage, but I still can't maintain it.

Same goes for Bant's rotation.

I forgot to mention it,

but at start, jump on target, and use Enrage mid-flight. After that, Enrage should be off CD every time you need it.

For Rage, I have completely switched for Bants rotation whenever I can maintain it.

For utilities:

PVE

PVP

Seems to be some commentary about how dropping (not using) Ravage actually helps dps, since Ravage doesn't count towards the lvl 32 passive (Overpower) that reduces the active cooldown of Smash, Raging Burst, Obliterate, and Enrage. Have not tested.

I did testing with replacing Ravage with something which uses the Overpower passive, but unfortunately, I was not able to maintain Rage for the rotation.

• 2 weeks later...