Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Romancable Arcann in the Future?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Romancable Arcann in the Future?

notanjelika's Avatar


notanjelika
08.17.2017 , 01:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mewsy View Post
If we don't get a romance with Arcann than I've sacrificed all those goats for nothing!
Oh, you sacrificed only goats? The spell also said " sacrifice one Skadge" and " seven tukatas and eat their hearts" . I'd be happy to provide you with one piece of Houk
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

Celise's Avatar


Celise
08.17.2017 , 11:05 PM | #22
with what happened in FE and then ET, it's not very likely any more. bioware has a habit of offering the chance to kill this person on SWTOR and after that, you'd be lucky to see them once or twice again and just as lucky if they spoke another word, some got that chance but a lot of the others through the game never had that chance.

if Bioware is going to do something about Arcann having an expanded on storyline beyond the throne, then a lot of other characters who survived in their canon version need the same treatment, same can be stated for those from the original storylines as well. it's a can of worms i don't ever see being opened, not just for one person.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.19.2017 , 02:33 PM | #23
After Charles acknowledged the desire for Arcann, I'm pretty hopeful we'll get it! He's not just any character and unlike other companions.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
08.19.2017 , 03:19 PM | #24
The issue with making Arcann a companion beyond what's mentioned above - he *is* killable.

However...do we know for an absolute, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt fact that Thexan is really dead? Anyone else think it's at all possible that Arcann might have had a second of remorse and thrown him in carbonite, too? Perhaps the loophole is that Arcann won't be offered as a LI but his brother will make a comeback...that would IMHO solve the issues regarding Arcann's past actions, as well as the dilemma that he's not alive in everyone's storyline.

Thexan's a male Force user, would be alive in everyone's story lines if he's coming into the story now, and looks just like Arcann, which would seem to check all the boxes everyone wants.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
08.19.2017 , 03:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Sorry but i wouldn't romance Arcann precisely because of that " i have you". My character is no one's property, no one "has" her. Honestly, but i prefer more Zenith's choice of words in the last convo between him and my Consular : " i trust you". Meaning what exactly, meaning "we are friends, comrades, a team", not what Arcann means , that translating as " I'm mamma's boy and i also want you as a surrogate for my mamma Senya".
Nope, a big nope to Arcann romance.
The comment I Have you to me is not possessive, just means to me that he has someone he can care about. My boyfriend tells me all the time that he is glad that he has me and I tell him that too. I don't take it to mean property, I just take it to mean that he has someone that he cares about and that is the impression I get from Arcann, even though I am not one for romancing him because of some things he did.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Nefla's Avatar


Nefla
08.19.2017 , 05:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The issue with making Arcann a companion beyond what's mentioned above - he *is* killable.

However...do we know for an absolute, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt fact that Thexan is really dead? Anyone else think it's at all possible that Arcann might have had a second of remorse and thrown him in carbonite, too? Perhaps the loophole is that Arcann won't be offered as a LI but his brother will make a comeback...that would IMHO solve the issues regarding Arcann's past actions, as well as the dilemma that he's not alive in everyone's storyline.

Thexan's a male Force user, would be alive in everyone's story lines if he's coming into the story now, and looks just like Arcann, which would seem to check all the boxes everyone wants.
Thexan is a character that our character doesn't know or have a history with though, an essential box to be missing IMO

Anyway if they add anything for Arcann or the other non-Lana, non-ruined OOC companion characters it will probably be new boss specific combat barks here and there or something like that.

Tadagyt's Avatar


Tadagyt
08.19.2017 , 06:45 PM | #27
My wrath is ready

Of course, if the traitor is who I think it is... my SIN may get Arcann whenever he's available as well...
betrayed me, kid? my turn now
As Skadge would say.... awww you want me to call your mommy?

Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Sorry but i wouldn't romance Arcann precisely because of that " i have you". My character is no one's property, no one "has" her.
My male toons got the same mail. I don't think it was romantic, more like... "I'm glad you're in my life because I never had a friend".

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
However...do we know for an absolute, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt fact that Thexan is really dead?
I'm a firm believer that if Charles wants to save Thexan, then he can do it. We never saw Thexan dead. Senya watched the funeral on... tv? holo? something like that. For all we know, the Scions, Valkorion, Arcann, whoever, could have saved him.

But I want Arcann as a LI... or both, I mean... imagine getting both twins

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.19.2017 , 11:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The issue with making Arcann a companion beyond what's mentioned above - he *is* killable.

However...do we know for an absolute, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt fact that Thexan is really dead? Anyone else think it's at all possible that Arcann might have had a second of remorse and thrown him in carbonite, too? Perhaps the loophole is that Arcann won't be offered as a LI but his brother will make a comeback...that would IMHO solve the issues regarding Arcann's past actions, as well as the dilemma that he's not alive in everyone's storyline.

Thexan's a male Force user, would be alive in everyone's story lines if he's coming into the story now, and looks just like Arcann, which would seem to check all the boxes everyone wants.
While Thexan is interesting, I want Arcann, after all he's done, he's much more fleshed out than Thexan would ever be.
I don't see why it matters that he's not available for everyone, the people who don't want him, killed him. As if they would romance him if they couldn't. They clearly don't like Arcann.

Aside from that, Charles already said it doesn't matter if a certain companion is dead for some, so I don't see why people still bring this up.
Charles both acknowledged Arcann and Scourge, and while Arcann is dead for some, Scourge would have to be made available for everyone, which would be a first for a specific class story companion that was never a LI to begin with.

Both these characters would require some effort to make it work and I'm glad it doesn't stop them from thinking about implementing either of them.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
08.20.2017 , 12:35 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
While Thexan is interesting, I want Arcann, after all he's done, he's much more fleshed out than Thexan would ever be.
I don't see why it matters that he's not available for everyone, the people who don't want him, killed him. As if they would romance him if they couldn't. They clearly don't like Arcann.

Aside from that, Charles already said it doesn't matter if a certain companion is dead for some, so I don't see why people still bring this up.
Charles both acknowledged Arcann and Scourge, and while Arcann is dead for some, Scourge would have to be made available for everyone, which would be a first for a specific class story companion that was never a LI to begin with.

Both these characters would require some effort to make it work and I'm glad it doesn't stop them from thinking about implementing either of them.
*shrug* It's still a salient point, IMHO. You're right, someone like me couldn't give a rat's *** about Arcann being a LI, because I would never romance him. But many people want what they can't have, and always have. So I absolutely think that if Arcann were the only new LI offered, there *would* be people who killed him who would complain about it now. Of course BW could just shrug and say "Well, whatever, you made a choice," but I do think they would be wise to add at least one male Force-sensitive that is in everyone's story.

Personally, while I do again hope you all get what you want with Arcann, IMHO Thexan would be appealing to many because he didn't try to kill the player (thus alleviating those concerns) and seems to have been the "good twin." As someone else mentioned above, if both twins were actually alive and available to romance, it could set up a heck of a story with a lot of conflict, as well.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.20.2017 , 12:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
*shrug* It's still a salient point, IMHO. You're right, someone like me couldn't give a rat's *** about Arcann being a LI, because I would never romance him. But many people want what they can't have, and always have. So I absolutely think that if Arcann were the only new LI offered, there *would* be people who killed him who would complain about it now. Of course BW could just shrug and say "Well, whatever, you made a choice," but I do think they would be wise to add at least one male Force-sensitive that is in everyone's story.

Personally, while I do again hope you all get what you want with Arcann, IMHO Thexan would be appealing to many because he didn't try to kill the player (thus alleviating those concerns) and seems to have been the "good twin." As someone else mentioned above, if both twins were actually alive and available to romance, it could set up a heck of a story with a lot of conflict, as well.
I guess I remain skeptical, while I'm sure there are some people who would want to romance him if he were to become an option, I doubt it would be the majority.
24% of people choose to kill off Arcann, which is already the extreme minority, then out of those 24% I can't imagine there being a number worth mentioning that would suddenly change their minds and want to romance him. It doesn't make any sense. But even if it did, choices matter right?

If they kill off for example Theron Shan, should they never implement marriage for that character because some killed him off and now that there's marriage they feel sad they're missing out on it?
I do hope they add more than one force companion LI for females as we've been waiting for so loooooong! While I want Arcann on my SI, my wrath needs Scourge.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀