Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

KOTET opinion and Vette or Torian choices (SPOILERS)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
KOTET opinion and Vette or Torian choices (SPOILERS)

Tamyn
12.11.2016 , 01:11 AM | #21
My main gripe about the situation is that they are both arguably the youngest key players in the Alliance. I think they're both only 23 or so, while the other returning companions are more hardened and experienced. Which kid who has so much life yet to live do you want to doom? Makes it more sad and wasteful to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by XiamaraSimi View Post
This is Bioware, where fashion goes to die.

SithKoriandr
12.11.2016 , 01:36 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamyn View Post
My main gripe about the situation is that they are both arguably the youngest key players in the Alliance. I think they're both only 23 or so, while the other returning companions are more hardened and experienced. Which kid who has so much life yet to live do you want to doom? Makes it more sad and wasteful to me.
They were at minimum 18 (Torian) and years had gone by before being frozen in carbonite for 5 years.

So Torian is likely a good 28 years old.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

krakadyla
12.11.2016 , 01:44 PM | #23
The game wants me to care about Vette so bad it's sometimes pathetic. Meet up with Theron on Iokath: "Hey Commander, we're in arse knows where with no idea how we got here, surrounded by murderous droids and Vaylin's troops, not to mention Vaylin herself is somewhere here...." -- "That's not important Theron, better tell me IS VETTE ALRIGHT?!!!!!" And then later you get another chance to pee your pants in joy that Vette is alright, hallelujah! Really? You bypass your war-forged friends and love interests, but Vette is so special that my characters waste a precious dialogue option (and that would be 33% of choices), on "OMG is Vette okay???" Tell you what, game -- I don't give a rat's arse about her. And after saving her on one character just for variety, I'm gonna choose Torian over this annoying writer's pet on all and every other character I'll ever run KOTET with.

SithKoriandr
12.11.2016 , 06:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
The game wants me to care about Vette so bad it's sometimes pathetic. Meet up with Theron on Iokath: "Hey Commander, we're in arse knows where with no idea how we got here, surrounded by murderous droids and Vaylin's troops, not to mention Vaylin herself is somewhere here...." -- "That's not important Theron, better tell me IS VETTE ALRIGHT?!!!!!" And then later you get another chance to pee your pants in joy that Vette is alright, hallelujah! Really? You bypass your war-forged friends and love interests, but Vette is so special that my characters waste a precious dialogue option (and that would be 33% of choices), on "OMG is Vette okay???" Tell you what, game -- I don't give a rat's arse about her. And after saving her on one character just for variety, I'm gonna choose Torian over this annoying writer's pet on all and every other character I'll ever run KOTET with.
I find this a bit funny. Everyone seems to think "Character got more writing than I wanted, must be a writer's pet."

Vette likely got more material, because in Vanilla she got more material. Gualt gets more screen time in vanilla than Torian.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

casirabit
12.11.2016 , 06:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
So you'd rather deal with those guns she took out? C'mon, she's more talented and is doing more than you're giving her credit for. And Oddessen was attacked before you arrived. She's really supposed to just wait around and do nothing before you specifically TELL her to do something?

I'm sorry, but nothing in your argument is fair. Pragmatically or sentimentally.
Even Theron knew what he was good at. Even if you had romanced him, he didn't go with you on ground. He sent Lana as he knew she was better for that job than he was.

Sure she did something good but when she found out about those guns, she could have said something to the right individuals to take them out. Vette is good at her job which is tech but she really didn't belong on the battlefield. There were more things she could have done than get on the battlefield where she was untrained for. There are places for each person in a war situation and you do your part. If it is tech than do the tech, if it is front line then front line, if it is healing then healing. Each person should do what they are good at and not do something they are not trained for.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Sendisa
12.11.2016 , 09:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I find this a bit funny. Everyone seems to think "Character got more writing than I wanted, must be a writer's pet."

Vette likely got more material, because in Vanilla she got more material. Gualt gets more screen time in vanilla than Torian.
While I agree with you about the 'writer's pet' observation, I have to admit that I found it odd that any toon outside of the Warrior had that option to ask specifically about Vette's welfare instead of their own potential LI. It's not like we got to spend a lot of time with her specifically between chapter 14 and Iokath, and she hadn't really done anything significant up to that point either.

My guess is they were cutting corners where they thought they could get away with it, and that's what we were left with.
This is the internet; telling stupid people to stop doing stupid things is like telling a deaf person to listen closely.

BlueShiftRecall
12.11.2016 , 09:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sendisa View Post
While I agree with you about the 'writer's pet' observation, I have to admit that I found it odd that any toon outside of the Warrior had that option to ask specifically about Vette's welfare instead of their own potential LI. It's not like we got to spend a lot of time with her specifically between chapter 14 and Iokath, and she hadn't really done anything significant up to that point either.

My guess is they were cutting corners where they thought they could get away with it, and that's what we were left with.
This surprised me to, I would have though that with Kaliyo, Vette, Jorgan and Torian on the bridge when Vaylin got there that she would have singled out a particular one if one of them were our LI and if none were then it defaulted to Vette. For example if we were a Trooper romancing Jorgan maybe Vaylin would have commented on killing him (a nice Cathar for her collection?) and then down below we asked Theron about him.

It surprised me that Vette and Torian out shone Kaliyo and Jorgan in KOTET, it's not as though Vette and Torian didn't get a chapter in KOTFE as well. Perhaps originally they were bringing back other characters but scraped it and defaulted them to Vette and Torian to play the roles instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Sendisa
12.11.2016 , 10:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueShiftRecall View Post
It surprised me that Vette and Torian out shone Kaliyo and Jorgan in KOTET, it's not as though Vette and Torian didn't get a chapter in KOTFE as well. Perhaps originally they were bringing back other characters but scraped it and defaulted them to Vette and Torian to play the roles instead.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I can only imagine how ripped off the agents and troopers feel about having next to no screen time, let alone playtime, with them as the active companion. I know that may seem like a small issue to some, but small things have a tendency to add up. It honestly just reinforces the idea to me that in comparison to last years part of the expansion, Fallen Empire was a bit of a rush job in terms pacing.
This is the internet; telling stupid people to stop doing stupid things is like telling a deaf person to listen closely.

AshlaBoga
12.12.2016 , 02:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sendisa View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I can only imagine how ripped off the agents and troopers feel about having next to no screen time, let alone playtime, with them as the active companion. I know that may seem like a small issue to some, but small things have a tendency to add up. It honestly just reinforces the idea to me that in comparison to last years part of the expansion, Fallen Empire was a bit of a rush job in terms pacing.
But every time a companion is given the option of being killed off they cut their dialogue in future content.

If you can kill a companion they don't bother writing future content for that comp.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

cool-dude
12.12.2016 , 02:31 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
But every time a companion is given the option of being killed off they cut their dialogue in future content.

If you can kill a companion they don't bother writing future content for that comp.
I'm thinking they killed companions off, because they want to be done with old companions, and start bringing in new companions. Returning old companions will likely be used to give us kill options.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"