Ben, I'd like to see a stream today

gabigool

I'd like an update from you. Today. To talk about what you plan to do WRT making radical improvements to the CXP/GC situation.

A few yea-sayers aside, this structure has been universally panned. It is an abject failure in both conception and implementation. Whatever you'd planned/hoped/expected this system to do, it has not. The best you can claim is that it has been an effective repellent.

I'll discuss the major issues shortly, however the larger point of this post is to express you have a responsibility to speak to this today. Openly. Perhaps in an impromptu stream. You need to get in front of the community and express that you hear the anger and understand the mindset of your playerbase.

Like, right the now Ben. It's bad. I've been in a few different voice chats over the past couple days. I hear misery. Disdain. Dread. This is supposed to be a game. Look at fleet chat. Stronghold-planet chats. Ops chats. It's bad.

Maybe the ducks are telling you otherwise so I'm just giving you a heads up, in the form of a bucket of water to the face, a jolt of electricity, a siren in your ear.

You created uprisings. Good idea in theory. You cheaped out - we get it. That's how you do. But objectively it's a nice idea. You know what we think of them? We're already sick of grinding them.

On day 4.

You normalized gear. Good idea in theory. You didn't think it all the way through - we get it. That's how you do. Objectively? Again - nice idea. But all people are thinking about is how it's going to take until May to get geared.

On their main.

You've completely broken CXP gain with your nerf. If it was barely stomachable before - it wasn't but we're talking in relatives - it's a total horror show now. Lesson: You don't understand MMO's. That guy that grinded up to rank ~100? That's how it's played. If anything it demonstrated the cap was too low. Your reaction to that was ignorant, underhanded and, candidly, just utterly stupid. I'm sorry, but you don't remove the ability to grind in a grind system. You just don't. I'm not sure how you don't get that. Most people weren't doing that. All that did was screw everyone - because you were trying to fix something that wasn't a problem. You flat out lied about the point of the cap. That was not exploiting. That was simply someone playing a game in a way you don't understand because you have no understanding of this gametype or your playerbase. And that's your job.

Talk. Today. Stream. And answer questions. Own this. Explain yourself. Don't you dare get on screen and say one single postive thing about this expansion, save a minute or two on the story. Which, by the way, you've completely overshadowed and spoiled with GC.

I don't think - no, I know - you don't fully understand what this system is doing to gameplay and the community. What it means for pugs. Why the incentive is to bail as soon as there's a single wipe. Why the incentive - which for a couple days was to actually kill mobs in FPs/Ops - is now to simply spam queue for thrown GSF/PvP. Why last night it took 10 mins to get an Uprising pop on Harby with a tank/heal/DPS in the queue. Why heroics are pointless now.

We want to know what you're going to do to make this game fun again. Because today, thanks to you, it's not. We want to know how you're going to make playing alts viable. Now.

This needs to be handled. Right now. You need to talk to the community, as a leader, and demonstrate accountability, flexibility and concern. Show us why you're in your role. Today.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU
Implied profanity removed

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt this will happen. I think most of us are awaiting some kind of reaction now the weekend's passed but they've already said no live streams until January and apparently, they don't really 'work' in December either so we'll see. =\

I'm with you though btw, this mess does require immediate attention.

I'd like an update from you. Today. To talk about what you plan to do WRT making radical improvements to the CXP/GC situation.

A few yea-sayers aside, this structure has been universally panned. It is an abject failure in both conception and implementation. Whatever you'd planned/hoped/expected this system to do, it has not. The best you can claim is that it has been an effective repellent.

I'll discuss the major issues shortly, however the larger point of this post is to express you have a responsibility to speak to this today. Openly. Perhaps in an impromptu stream. You need to get in front of the community and express that you hear the anger and understand the mindset of your playerbase.

Like, right the **** now Ben. It's bad. I've been in a few different voice chats over the past couple days. I hear misery. Disdain. Dread. This is supposed to be a game. Look at fleet chat. Stronghold-planet chats. Ops chats. It's bad.

Maybe the ducks are telling you otherwise so I'm just giving you a heads up, in the form of a bucket of water to the face, a jolt of electricity, a siren in your ear.

You created uprisings. Good idea in theory. You cheaped out - we get it. That's how you do. But objectively it's a nice idea. You know what we think of them? We're already sick of grinding them.

On day 4.

You normalized gear. Good idea in theory. You didn't think it all the way through - we get it. That's how you do. Objectively? Again - nice idea. But all people are thinking about is how it's going to take until May to get geared.

On their main.

You've completely broken CXP gain with your nerf. If it was barely stomachable before - it wasn't but we're talking in relatives - it's a total horror show now. Lesson: You don't understand MMO's. That guy that grinded up to rank ~100? That's how it's played. If anything it demonstrated the cap was too low. Your reaction to that was ignorant, underhanded and, candidly, just utterly stupid. I'm sorry, but you don't remove the ability to grind in a grind system. You just don't. I'm not sure how you don't get that. Most people weren't doing that. All that did was screw everyone - because you were trying to fix something that wasn't a problem. You flat out lied about the point of the cap. That was not exploiting. That was simply someone playing a game in a way you don't understand because you have no understanding of this gametype or your playerbase. And that's your job.

Talk. Today. Stream. And answer questions. Own this. Explain yourself. Don't you dare get on screen and say one single postive thing about this expansion, save a minute or two on the story. Which, by the way, you've completely overshadowed and spoiled with GC.

I don't think - no, I know - you don't fully understand what this system is doing to gameplay and the community. What it means for pugs. Why the incentive is to bail as soon as there's a single wipe. Why the incentive - which for a couple days was to actually kill mobs in FPs/Ops - is now to simply spam queue for thrown GSF/PvP. Why last night it took 10 mins to get an Uprising pop on Harby with a tank/heal/DPS in the queue. Why heroics are pointless now.

We want to know what you're going to do to make this game fun again. Because today, thanks to you, it's not. We want to know how you're going to make playing alts viable. Now.

This needs to be handled. Right now. You need to talk to the community, as a leader, and demonstrate accountability, flexibility and concern. Show us why you're in your role. Today.

This guy has it nailed. Nothing to add to this.

I have read literally hundreds of pages of posts this weekend. And I have created a few myself. None hit the mark better than Gabigool just did.

This guy is spot on.

I wholeheartedly support this. However this system was not created in a day or even a week so I don't expect to hear solutions. I would strongly encourage Ben at least popping his head out and acknowledging there are unforeseen troubles that they are going to solve for. Show some honesty and humility for once. But as the last person said, I don't expect anyone to be working at BioWare for the rest of the year if the past is any indication

I seriously doubt they will do an improvised livestream, but I agree with the sentiment of your post. I can't see this as a problem that will just go away when ignored. Not without tanking half the population and leaving the remaining in a grim mood.

There is too much passion involved and too much agreement from so many different types of players. I'm still surprised that even Dulfy got involved on Reddit.

This guy has it nailed. Nothing to add to this.

I have read literally hundreds of pages of posts this weekend. And I have created a few myself. None hit the mark better than Gabigool just did.

This guy is spot on.

Agreed!!! PERFECT post!!!

At most he'll post another "open letter" where he'll say how kotet is "the best expansion" they've made, how they are working on "group content" but he can't say anything about it, but we have to trust him and keep subbing til january.

That being said, I'd be quite happy if he refutes everything i've said and does respond honestly.

I wholeheartedly support this. However this system was not created in a day or even a week so I don't expect to hear solutions. I would strongly encourage Ben at least popping his head out and acknowledging there are unforeseen troubles that they are going to solve for. Show some honesty and humility for once. But as the last person said, I don't expect anyone to be working at BioWare for the rest of the year if the past is any indication

Unforeseen!?

What he needs to freakin do is say they are keeping the story and doing a roll back on the rest of 5.0 immediately until they can redo this terrible system.

Agreed, this needs to happen. At least a well written post. Some sort of acknowledgement needs to happen, now.

Tait acknowledged in Crew Skills earlier that getting 8 companions to craft was an intended change!

That's a relief.....I'll re-sub now :rolleyes:

I would strongly encourage Ben at least popping his head out and acknowledging there are unforeseen troubles that they are going to solve for.

Unforeseen by whom? Them? This was CLEARLY an issue the second it was announced. They knew EXACTLY what this would do.

This is what is important to them, Tait just noticed the 'confusion over now we have 8 companions to send out on missions! W T F! Hey Tait, wake up! Something else is going on with the game! Edited by Bluttoh

This is what is important to them, Tait just noticed the 'confusion over now we have 8 companions to send out on missions! ***!! Hey Tait, wake up! Something else is going on with the game!

Don't blame Tait...he's not the one who needs to address this...Ben is.

That probably the first post by you i agree with :)

If you'd read more of them you'd notice I actually agree with you. This system is awful. Grinding is bad enough but adding non-existing rewards on top of it is double dipping in bull****. Add to that there's still nothing new for end-game. So triple-dipping I guess. *shrug*

Don't blame Tait...he's not the one who needs to address this...Ben is.

I'm generally pretty hard on Ben; that's a byproduct of how I handle life/business in general. I really only respect people - be it my employees, my team.... heck, even my kids - that own their mistakes. We all make them. It's how you take accountability for them that truly matters. Especially when others are relying on you.

You do not get to run from them. Or hope problems go away. Own them.

There are clearly some pretty major problems right now. IMO Ben needs to take accountability for their existence and handle them. Immediately. That's how you lead.

The mechanism to do so exists. All he needs to do is be a leader. Turn the camera on, and talk with us. No talking points. No marketing spiel. Look the situation in the eye and own it.

I get that it's out of character. I could care less. It needs to happen, and IMO it needs to happen today.

I support the OP 100%....They brought down the servers to drop a Nerf on day two they can put on a stream to explain to all the people leaving why they should stay via real solutions for this ridiculous system.

The Gold mob CXP nerf was probably the worst possible way to handle balancing out the HC grind crowd.....

I'm generally pretty hard on Ben; that's a byproduct of how I handle life/business in general. I really only respect people - be it my employees, my team.... heck, even my kids - that own their mistakes. We all make them. It's how you take accountability for them that truly matters. Especially when others are relying on you.

There are clearly some pretty major problems right now. IMO Ben needs to take accountability for their existence and handle them. Immediately. That's how you lead.

The mechanism to do so exists. All he needs to do is be a leader. Turn the camera on, and talk with us. No talking points. No marketing spiel. Look the situation in the eye and own it.

I get that it's out of character. I could care less. It needs to happen, and IMO it needs to happen today.

Yet again, Gabigool nails it.

I agree with you, but unfortunately, I've gotten the impression recently from some research and observation I've done that while Ben does have a powerful role on the team, he is more figurehead than he seems.

I don't want to say more than that because I don't want people to be trying to aim crosshairs of hatred at individuals. Suffice it to say, it's possible he is wanting to say something, but he has a boss who is telling him no.

Mind you, I'm just saying what I know, or think I know. I'm in complete agreement that mistakes need to be owned. I just have an inkling that it's more mired in business politics than we'd like to believe. BWA ain't no mom-and-pop indie company. :/

I agree with you, but unfortunately, I've gotten the impression recently from some research and observation I've done that while Ben does have a powerful role on the team, he is more figurehead than he seems.

I don't want to say more than that because I don't want people to be trying to aim crosshairs of hatred at individuals. Suffice it to say, it's possible he is wanting to say something, but he has a boss who is telling him no.

Mind you, I'm just saying what I know, or think I know. I'm in complete agreement that mistakes need to be owned. I just have an inkling that it's more mired in business politics than we'd like to believe. BWA ain't no mom-and-pop indie company. :/

So then, the question is : Who is Ben's boss? And should further efforts be made to get that persons attention?