Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Diplomacy missions Light/Dark side points messed up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Diplomacy missions Light/Dark side points messed up?

Sost
12.03.2016 , 09:15 AM | #1
I have several toons who have Diplomacy, and they are either maxed Light side alignment, or maxed Dark side alignment. As I now send Companions on Diplomacy missions, even though it is listed as Light or Dark point missions, even when they return, sometimes the opposite faction points are applied, which temporarily lowers my alignment from 100000 Light, or raises my alignment from -100000 Dark. I am not sure if this is because they are applying Light or Dark points from the old system of Faction gaining through Diplomacy Missions, or not.

Is anybody else seeing this?

Prionace_Glauca
12.03.2016 , 10:37 AM | #2
I have the same issue. No big deal but irritating.

NomadFifteen
12.03.2016 , 10:53 AM | #3
Hover over the dark/light icon on the mission and it will tell you the dark/light side points on the mission. Some missions give both light and dark points, which does mess with the max level. I am now checking before running missions, as reattaching 'the Loathsome' after every run was getting....loathsome.

Sost
12.03.2016 , 02:04 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NomadFifteen View Post
Hover over the dark/light icon on the mission and it will tell you the dark/light side points on the mission. Some missions give both light and dark points, which does mess with the max level. I am now checking before running missions, as reattaching 'the Loathsome' after every run was getting....loathsome.
Thank you; this is very helpful. I wonder if this is going to change, or if Bioware considers this "working as intended".

Borderlad
12.03.2016 , 07:14 PM | #5
Was having the same confusion. Glad to find this thread.

This helped a lot - thank you Nomad!

Dak_fireraker
12.05.2016 , 09:19 AM | #6
Thanks for the Tip! I was getting ready to file a Bug report until i found this thread. I think i still might as this cannot be *working as intended*
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server

DmdShiva
12.10.2016 , 02:19 PM | #7
It's still broken, because it applies the LS and DS totals separately, and may or may not happen in the "correct" order. For example, if you are at Light V, and your allegiance is LS, and you do a tier 10 "dark" Diplomacy mission, mousing over the LS/DS icon next to the mission will show something like "Light Side total: 102 / Dark Side total: 76", which should be a net increase in LS points, but it appears that what the game does is apply the LS increase, then the DS increase, so because you're at 10,000 already, the +102 LS does nothing, leaving you at 10,000, then the +76 DS is applied, leaving you at 9924 and flashing the 'Troubled' warning.

I haven't tried this with a DS character yet to find out if the game always applies the LS change before the DS change, or whether it applies your allegiance change before the mission change. However, regardless of which way it's actually working, it should apply the mission alignment before the allegiance alignment, or add both of them together and apply the net change, in order not to jerk players over.