Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Conflict - Match 1 - Round 1 - NullForce Collective VS Mando’ad Vod’saad

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Galactic Conflict - Match 1 - Round 1 - NullForce Collective VS Mando’ad Vod’saad

MadDutchman
12.12.2016 , 04:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
Alright time for my shallow thoughts on both factions and actions they should take and things to look out for.

First up thoughts on NullForce Collective:

The Nullforce Faction is a interesting one.Where they blended organics life with technology to in a sense evolve into something new to fight a force they Fear or mainly don't understand.While the Null force military droid's are impressive and could do serious damage to Karadon troops.

While the Null force mixture of vong tech and their on gives them a small edge in Space and ground combat but Raw skills the Mandos just out class them.In Space Karadon troops has never faced Vong forces from what I understand and will have trouble when it comes to facing Dovan Basils.Which will give the Null force the edge in space.

The largest Disadvantage the Null force has is its people. Once Karadon Find the location of your home world and I know how much K love being sneaky it be quite easy for his agents to infiltrate the mundanes group of your faction.Large groups of Organic who are already looked down apon by the other caste he could casue a lot of trouble.This is something that could slowly lose the match for Dutch.

When it comes to planets in play.The Nullforce hatred of the Force well hinder their conquest of Dathomir if they every decide to push their.Dutch would be better off allowing Karadon to have that while focusing on the other two planets.Assuming the Night sisters are in charge of Dathomir their hold will be hard to remove.

Anteevy- A frozen planet would be s good target for the Nullforce so they have access to phrik alloys to upgrade their droids for a battle against force users in the future.

Ithor-I say would be a good target to expand its pull of mundane for vertical progress up the chain.

Next post will be on Karadon faction.
Ithor is an especially interesting, and potentially awkward one here. Because the society is ruled by Force Users, it will annoy the NullForce, however they are perfectly happy with that situation and more importantly, entirely peaceful and rather protective of their forests, which would make any kind of non-genocidal conquest problematic.

Your thoughts largely mirror my own on Anteevy, however with it being controlled by the Empire, it's not something that should be handled too aggressively.

Dathomir would certainly be resistant to my faction, especially the Nightsisters. But then, I've got quite a bit of stuff to deal with Force Users. More on this later i'm sure
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

MadDutchman
12.12.2016 , 04:36 PM | #22
So my initial impressions of MV after Turn 1:

Surprisingly cautious for Mandalorians. I was expecting a bit more aggression. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts

Not too much to report after only 1 turn though, stay tuned!
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Silenceo
12.12.2016 , 04:39 PM | #23
Updated Dathomir, Anteevy, and Ithor NPC force numbers.
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

karadron
12.12.2016 , 05:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
Updated Dathomir, Anteevy, and Ithor NPC force numbers.
Sil, why you kill Dathomir with that evil.

Silenceo
12.12.2016 , 05:45 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by karadron View Post
Sil, why you kill Dathomir with that evil.
Which part specifically?

Jokes aside, I would think that those spectating might have something to say about Anteevy, if they recognize a certain ship...
"What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the Rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty of decisive victory."―Rom Mohc Never force a droid to think without numbers...

karadron
12.12.2016 , 05:48 PM | #26
Which part specifically?

Jokes aside, I would think that those spectating might have something to say about Anteevy, if they recognize a certain ship...
Well, it's...not normal canon version. Of course my thoughts on canon could just be Legends by now, since I don't know what all has happened there since the end of TCW.

Silenceo
12.12.2016 , 05:54 PM | #27
Well, it's...not normal canon version. Of course my thoughts on canon could just be Legends by now, since I don't know what all has happened there since the end of TCW.
I assure you, Dathomir is still rather interesting.

karadron
12.12.2016 , 05:57 PM | #28
Well I never said it wasn't.

Just curious about what (and why) you placed what you did there.

Silenceo
12.12.2016 , 06:00 PM | #29
Well I never said it wasn't.

Just curious about what (and why) you placed what you did there.
Most of it is quite self-explanatory. As for the wildlife, there is an unusual number of Rancors on the planet due to the various clans and taming them.

Side Note: This version of Dathomir takes place before Grievous's assault on the Nightsisters, and has a few unique things from past Conquest iterations.

karadron
12.12.2016 , 06:01 PM | #30
Most of it is quite self-explanatory. As for the wildlife, there is an unusual number of Rancors on the planet due to the various clans and taming them.
I guess I just expected...more?