CXP Reward from an Operation Run

Just did an Eternity Vault operation run (Story Mode) with my regular guild group, and we just gained 1690 CXP total from the entire run (including weekly quest turn in). Even though it is just EV, which we might think is an easy op, but the time spent in order to finish one and the existence of a weekly lockout, the amount of CXP reward from an Op run is just demotivating.

Instead of gaining comms, we are getting Tiny CXP Pack per boss (which gives about 120 CXP). As a casual weekly raider, I really think the amount should be buffed to provide more incentive to run ops. Right now, it definitely feels like doing Uprisings and PvPs are the known faster way for CXP farming.

You won't ever hit the weekly cap at this rate, see *that* other thread regarding this topic. Anyway, EV and KP are in their own category, e.g. their quests give only 200 cp compared to the 400 in other operations and the bosses drop very small instead of small cp packs.

While I agree operations should be more rewarding generally, the low turnout of eternity vault is intended as an incentive to play actual operations like Dread Palace.

While I agree operations should be more rewarding generally, the low turnout of eternity vault is intended as an incentive to play actual operations like Dread Palace.

Yeah I thought about this shortly after I posted, and I might ask my guild ops group if they are interested to do a different op today and see the CXP difference. By the way, have you done any full run ops other than EV/KP so far? I'm curious about how much CXP (estimate is fine) you gained from a full run. :)

We have. While I did not check the amount of CP (I'm not really interesting in the new system), the bosses in Asation and Darvannis HM dropped small CP Tokens (instead of very small), which were something around 600-ish points.

IMO, that feels more like the reward we should be getting for SM, after all we need to start gearing up somewhere in order to progress. It's nice that your ops team is able to start clearing HM ops in 5.0 :) I am hoping that we would get some buffs to provide more incentive to do ops again. I did not do much progression raiding in 4.0, but planned on progressing in 5.0. Guess we'll have to be hopeful for now.

This may be a little off topic, but what was the average gear rating of the ops team that ran the HM?

IMO, that feels more like the reward we should be getting for SM, after all we need to start gearing up somewhere in order to progress. It's nice that your ops team is able to start clearing HM ops in 5.0 :) I am hoping that we would get some buffs to provide more incentive to do ops again. I did not do much progression raiding in 4.0, but planned on progressing in 5.0. Guess we'll have to be hopeful for now.

This may be a little off topic, but what was the average gear rating of the ops team that ran the HM?

It's pretty early in the patch and I think most Hardmode operations have been cleared already with people in 99% 224.

Yup, everything 224. We're all dismantling anything except for 230 set pieces until we hit Rank 180 (which will take a few weeks). Surprisingly, even nightmare is still possible although I wouldn't recommend it. The bosses there dropped 900 cp tokens. They did not only mess up the cxp system, they also messed up scaling. It's sad, really.