Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

# (1) Issue Ignored, Comforting Issue RESOLVED?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
# (1) Issue Ignored, Comforting Issue RESOLVED?

Allca's Avatar


Allca
12.02.2016 , 08:00 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
Sure, level 26 - no set gear item on a friend of mine. I am pretty sure that's too early to judge, right?
Tier 1 is Command Rank 1-89. Some logic would be gear in the middle and gear with bonus closer to the end

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
12.02.2016 , 08:04 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Allca View Post
Oh sorry, I thought you guys meant reaching Command Rank 300 without leveling your alts.

Else if not already possible, easiest thing is adding a 10-15% boost to CXP when reaching Command Rank 300 on your main!?
That would be one way to help. But yeah, I would never suggest being able to level command rank at, say, level 1. I just think if you're playing more than one level 70 toon (or playing upwards of 10-20 as some of us are... well, will be once we've gotten them up to 70 from 65) it becomes important that your progress on each character means something toward your overall end-game progression. Which is something the legacy system does well.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.02.2016 , 08:08 PM | #23
One guy in my guild is Command Rank 27 and he's gotten no purple gear , and no blue gear.
Just greens.

That cannot be working as intended.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
12.02.2016 , 08:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
That would be one way to help. But yeah, I would never suggest being able to level command rank at, say, level 1. I just think if you're playing more than one level 70 toon (or playing upwards of 10-20 as some of us are... well, will be once we've gotten them up to 70 from 65) it becomes important that your progress on each character means something toward your overall end-game progression. Which is something the legacy system does well.
C'mon, there's no progression in randomness. I have 3 set gear item, 2 of them the same(YAY!!!!), a friend of mine with the same level has none. Where's the progression in this? There's none because there's no insurance policy. OK, trhewy said on the stream that they will monitor the situation... really? Is this testing?! They mentioned how good QA team they have. How could this QA miss assassin being bugged into oblivion?

Anyway, people rage about achievements for few days, they listen. People rage about RNG for weeks, they ignore it. What was I expecting anywa?
I am so good I am my own role model.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
12.02.2016 , 08:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
C'mon, there's no progression in randomness. I have 3 set gear item, 2 of them the same(YAY!!!!), a friend of mine with the same level has none. Where's the progression in this? There's none because there's no insurance policy. OK, trhewy said on the stream that they will monitor the situation... really? Is this testing?! They mentioned how good QA team they have. How could this QA miss assassin being bugged into oblivion?

Anyway, people rage about achievements for few days, they listen. People rage about RNG for weeks, they ignore it. What was I expecting anywa?
Oh, it's pretty bad. I don't want or like the RNG either. I tolerate RNG in cosmetics, but I abhor it in the way it was implemented for actual power gear, with no alternative path.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
12.02.2016 , 08:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
Oh, it's pretty bad. I don't want or like the RNG either. I tolerate RNG in cosmetics, but I abhor it in the way it was implemented for actual power gear, with no alternative path.
Yup, agreed. For some of us who are unlucky this system is bad. BTW the level of the friend and myself is 26, so nothing that low.

Though I will give them this - for a tank the left side can be blue. Who cares about defense and the shield/absorb is the same as set items (MK2 IIRC)
I am so good I am my own role model.

Galahard's Avatar


Galahard
12.02.2016 , 08:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post

Anyway, people rage about achievements for few days, they listen. People rage about RNG for weeks, they ignore it. What was I expecting anywa?
Yeah, because RNG was a stealth change, DvL nuke was announced months ahead, to 'fix' RNG is just a bugfix, but need to completely redesign to solve DvL nuke issue...wait...
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
12.02.2016 , 08:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
Yup, agreed. For some of us who are unlucky this system is bad. BTW the level of the friend and myself is 26, so nothing that low.

Though I will give them this - for a tank the left side can be blue. Who cares about defense and the shield/absorb is the same as set items (MK2 IIRC)
Sigh... yeah. The "those who are unlucky" part is what people have been trying to tell them since they announced it. Apparently they have said they will monitor it and believe through their testing that it won't be a big deal (some quote from Ben in an interview for KOTET). I call BS. No amount of testing or tweaking changes what RNG is at its core. The reality is, if you take the problems out of RNG, then it's not RNG anymore and you might as well not have used RNG in the first place.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

MaximumOwnage's Avatar


MaximumOwnage
12.03.2016 , 12:50 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mounds View Post
this is an MMO, every mmo ive played there is a grind pre character to gear up so you have to put in the time to gear them up

its called a time sink people every mmo ive played has it
So what was SWTOR for the past 5 years? I mean your logic has no sense. People know there is a grind, its the 350 hour per toon grind that is the issue.