Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

# (1) Issue Ignored, Comforting Issue RESOLVED?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
# (1) Issue Ignored, Comforting Issue RESOLVED?

Aulus_Claudius's Avatar


Aulus_Claudius
12.02.2016 , 05:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Allca View Post
Ehmm seriously, I say no for same reason once I reach lvl 70, I don't want all my characters being lvl 70.

People think the most important thing is to have the highest rank. Its not, however what is important, is you can still join a group whether it is pvp or pve content.
Not to say inflation and schematics will be penalized.
No one's talking about making all your other characters automatically 70, but you do get legacy boni and gear to make levelling far easier after the first character. The issue with GC is, it's an utterly massive grind for every character with no way to shorten it. 4.0 was on the right track, making gearing fairly quick and straightforward so we could gear our alts and let us get on to enjoying the game without worrying about min/maxing gear anymore.
Thanks for the gearing changes in 5.1 and 5.2, BioWare - resubbed.

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
12.02.2016 , 06:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Allca View Post
Ehmm seriously, I say no for same reason once I reach lvl 70, I don't want all my characters being lvl 70.

People think the most important thing is to have the highest rank. Its not, however what is important, is you can still join a group whether it is pvp or pve content.
Not to say inflation and schematics will be penalized.
So do you reject legacy levels/rank?

Because command rank is basically the same thing. The only meaningful difference is that you can't level command rank until 70 and command rank gives end-game gear. If you took out the end-game gear part, it'd be the same type of system, but with some extra goodies.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Allca's Avatar


Allca
12.02.2016 , 07:25 PM | #13
Oh sorry, I thought you guys meant reaching Command Rank 300 without leveling your alts.

Else if not already possible, easiest thing is adding a 10-15% boost to CXP when reaching Command Rank 300 on your main!?

-Spc's Avatar


-Spc
12.02.2016 , 07:26 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
command rank gives end-game gear.
If empty orange shells and green items are end game gear then this is stupid end game.

RodneyMcNeely's Avatar


RodneyMcNeely
12.02.2016 , 07:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Galahard View Post
A lot of people don't agree with this design, that's their prerogative as is leaving the game, as there was plenty of forewarning about the system, so everybody could make up their mind. (I am not defending it and from your comparison of two issues point of view it doesn't matter).
Are you joking?

They hardly EVER update the web site. And when they do, they never post articles that explain new or existing game systems in detail.

Getting these details just about requires extensive investigative training.

Pscyon's Avatar


Pscyon
12.02.2016 , 07:35 PM | #16
Not having really done pvp since thankfully getting decent stuff doesn't require me to, I'm not sure how the rewarding system works obviously, but... I was under the impression that you allready had to put as much effort into each character if you wanted the best gear/rating/titles? So the only thing changing is how you go about doing it, rather than the fact you're doing it.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Galahard's Avatar


Galahard
12.02.2016 , 07:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RodneyMcNeely View Post
Are you joking?

They hardly EVER update the web site. And when they do, they never post articles that explain new or existing game systems in detail.

Getting these details just about requires extensive investigative training.
Who is invested enough in the game to care about end game gearing, they are usually investing the time to come to the forums to read about it and educate themselves.
If they don't, it means they were not at all interested in endgame gearing in the first place.
Also, fyi: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20161017
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

FtWorthJim's Avatar


FtWorthJim
12.02.2016 , 07:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by -Spc View Post
If empty orange shells and green items are end game gear then this is stupid end game.
You can't judge the gear on a few command levels. You certainly don't get end game gear on day one of any expac. Chill out.

Deaconik's Avatar


Deaconik
12.02.2016 , 07:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by FtWorthJim View Post
You can't judge the gear on a few command levels. You certainly don't get end game gear on day one of any expac. Chill out.
Sure, level 26 - no set gear item on a friend of mine. I am pretty sure that's too early to judge, right?
I am so good I am my own role model.

Mounds's Avatar


Mounds
12.02.2016 , 07:46 PM | #20
this is an MMO, every mmo ive played there is a grind pre character to gear up so you have to put in the time to gear them up

its called a time sink people every mmo ive played has it
A galaxy in you are
become not what you are
but what you must!