Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EU Maintenance Time Campaign

JonDemo
12.27.2011 , 02:24 AM | #1
This is a campaign to get European Servers Maintained during the early hours of the morning in Europe.

Why should European players have to suffer 4 or more hours of playtime interruption during the European afternoon. Upcoming server maintenance for SWTOR includes all servers and will affect them between 4-10am CST. This is 1-5pm CET. Which means scores of European players on holiday will have their peak play time interrupted.

As the servers are designated to a region, why not employ regional maintenance. There are two benefits to this.
- firstly the European and Asian players don't feel like second hand community members, slaves to US policy
- secondly maintenance issues that are potentially damaging would only affect a block of servers at a time.

Sign this petition if you want to play SW during the European afternoons.

Couac
12.27.2011 , 02:41 AM | #2
I certainly do feel like a second class player. In some respects they probably try to make things convenient for all but then again, in many cases they don't seem to acknowledge things work differently in other parts of the world.

1. As simple thing as the in-game clock: Could we have an option to have a 24 h clock?

2. Beta servers were mostly German or French.

3. No specific servers for specific nationalities, which forced many guilds to move, and in the end some known English speaking servers became overcrowded. This phenomenon isn't nothing new, they should've prepared for it.

4. Account activation: Only those with credit cards could continue to use those 30 FREE days they were promised, others had to pay for 60 extra days even if they didn't know if they want to continue playing or not - or at least if they want to take a break after the first month. Very US centric to believe everyone in Europe needs a credit card.

5. Would be nice if they announced service breaks so that everyone could understand when they are. Sure, I can check some world clock but as a customer, is it really my job to do that?
(╯)╯︵ ┻━┻

lillpitten
12.27.2011 , 02:53 AM | #3
Agreed on this. EU needs their own maintenance time.

Trunte
12.27.2011 , 02:55 AM | #4
Oh, I'll sign alright. I find it very annoying that the shut down for maintenance in the morning/afternoon.

Time zones is a mess - agreed, they should give us info we don't have to translate first.

Alexsama
12.27.2011 , 03:03 AM | #5
...It might not be tech possible to do that. The SERVERS are located in EU but other things such as launcher might be in US and has to be updated at the same time.
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR

_materie
12.27.2011 , 03:04 AM | #6
Yeah i totally agree with this. They should have different maintenance times for US and EU servers. After all half of the servers are EU servers and i see no reason why they shouldn't be able to update them separately.

Damodar_Thade
12.27.2011 , 03:13 AM | #7
Agreed, \sign
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

Pigio_Roma
12.27.2011 , 03:16 AM | #8
TOTALLY agree on this. Thanks for starting this.

senkaxx
12.27.2011 , 03:18 AM | #9
Count me in!
I don't know why people use such big words sometimes. On the other hand, why be a wise-a*s when you can be a sagacious rectum.

Life is the enemy. Death is our solace.

Galogon
12.27.2011 , 03:19 AM | #10
I completely agree. /sign
We shouldn't even be talking about this, different regions require different maintenance downtimes, otherwise you alienate all the players outside the US time zone.
Seriously, Bioware. You should've known better!
Force Persuade: Thou shall get me a donut!