Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flash point difficulty and tunning

sharkfinsix
01.02.2012 , 05:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bboudreaux View Post
BS with a capital B and S
1 vanguard, 1 consular 2 pets. 45 mins. 1 wipe.

Kelticfury
01.02.2012 , 05:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by samht View Post
<snip>You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances arenít viable to pvp and questing.
That would bore me to death. I don't even like doing them until the loot I am there for drops. BW made a pretty fantastic world of story lines here, unlike any other MMO and it would be a shame to miss all that because of being stuck in a raid raid raid only raid mentality.

Hairyzac
01.02.2012 , 06:26 PM | #13
I feel that the flash points arenít tuned to well in terms of difficulty. Black Talon is way too easy, whereas, Hammer is way too hard. It seems that at 2 level 10s can go through BT while unless there is full group of 18+ Hammer is not possible to finish. Flash Points should be a viable alternate to questing and pvp. You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances arenít viable to pvp and questing.
If you feel Hammer Station is too difficult, FPs are not for you. Also this game may not be for you as well.

princey
01.02.2012 , 06:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
If you feel Hammer Station is too difficult, FPs are not for you.
I was thinking that, too. If Hammer is too hard, stay the heck out of the Foundry!

Hairless
01.02.2012 , 06:43 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hairyzac View Post
If you feel Hammer Station is too difficult, FPs are not for you. Also this game may not be for you as well.
This lol.
I have done BT, Hammer, Athiss, and Mandalorian so far and they have all been ridiculously easy.
Did have problem with last boss in Athiss because our healer kept dying during the dodge-the-fireball phase.....
we kicked him and 3 manned the boss on first try. rofl.

zolthie
01.02.2012 , 06:50 PM | #16
Flashpoints are well tuned.

Canarith
01.02.2012 , 07:10 PM | #17
I feel that the flash points arenít tuned to well in terms of difficulty. Black Talon is way too easy, whereas, Hammer is way too hard. It seems that at 2 level 10s can go through BT while unless there is full group of 18+ Hammer is not possible to finish. Flash Points should be a viable alternate to questing and pvp. You should be able just do them and you class quest all the way to end cap. As it stands BT is useless after level 14 and soloable at 14 and since Hammer is impossible to finish without being level 18+ and the last boss probably requires a level 20 healer or tank. This leaves 6 levels of gap. I have heard that the next instance after Hammer you need to be level 25 to finish and hammer is useless xp wise after 22-23. Again another 2 to 3 levels that instances arenít viable to pvp and questing.
When you go into Black Talon, it says it is designed for 2 people.....

silkforcalde
01.02.2012 , 08:08 PM | #18
Hammer Station... hard? Ok, you people are losing me here. Wailing Caverns was harder.

Canarith
01.02.2012 , 08:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by zolthie View Post
Flashpoints are well tuned.
This. I think the flashpoints are very well done. Some really good encounters in them and not loleasy crap all the time.

warfteiner
01.02.2012 , 08:14 PM | #20
I have to say that I think the Flashpoints are all really well done.

They're not faceroll easy and require that the players review their skills (interrupts are SO important!). They're not terribad hard so that players ragequit.

Black Talon is simple, yes; Black Talon introduces the Flashpoint concept and bridges players to the second planet. The intention is that the players complete a chunk of the second planet before getting a mission to another Flashpoint: in this endeavor, everything has fallen into place.

If players simply want to jump from Flashpoint to Flashpoint without visiting the corresponding content on the planets, then perhaps TOR isn't for them.