Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5.0 Immortal Jugg?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
5.0 Immortal Jugg?

Suprisex's Avatar


Suprisex
12.02.2016 , 07:32 AM | #1
Is it even worth going tank jugg for pvp in 5.0? Leveling cxp gives me all def/absorb/shield gear which is still kind of pointless for pvp. If I go veng dps and just stack endurance augs seems it might just be better since I can still guard. At least I would be able to do some damage instead of hitting like a wet noodle. Any thoughts? Or will there be any way to min/max gear later on?
Zaihn

MackPol's Avatar


MackPol
12.02.2016 , 07:55 AM | #2
I still play Guardian Tank in 5.0. Seems like it does a great job. Damage is not that low, contributing.
I decided to get few crates, keep them unoppened. Then when have a few I respecc to Vigilance and get dps gear.
So just be in dps spec while opening crates

DerSchneider's Avatar


DerSchneider
12.02.2016 , 08:13 AM | #3
Bolster nerfs your damage anyway. Tanks do way less damage atm. But since tank stats are still worthless, stacking hp and power is better.
Nightrain Juggernaut

Suprisex's Avatar


Suprisex
12.02.2016 , 08:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
I still play Guardian Tank in 5.0. Seems like it does a great job. Damage is not that low, contributing.
I decided to get few crates, keep them unoppened. Then when have a few I respecc to Vigilance and get dps gear.
So just be in dps spec while opening crates
Damn didn't think of that. Great Idea! Thanks. Now that I wasted 4 crates lol.
Zaihn

Vember's Avatar


Vember
12.02.2016 , 10:28 AM | #5
Defense/Immortal in dps gear is the most fun pvp spec I've played since 2011. And there are no stupid front flip animations in the rotation, which is always a plus.

Liquor's Avatar


Liquor
12.02.2016 , 04:15 PM | #6
Currently I'm enjoying it. Rank 20+ now and have only 2 230 set bonus armorings.

It's OK. I have 155k HP now and it is annoying some.
Now if only I can get the 120k DPS to not guard each other and healers.

Depending on what I'm wearing Tank/DPS gear my hits are about where they would be percent wise with 4.0. I will swap gear around during a match depending on what is needed. Running the huttball = tank. Burning down PvE scrubs = DPS

I will say sins are looking like they will be better tanks than juggs overall. But I like throwing people around
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams, UI Settings and Discord
Grand Mff Kilran - Slas - Harkn
AKA: knowmyname -=- #NerfOperatives

kissingaiur's Avatar


kissingaiur
12.02.2016 , 04:49 PM | #7
It's going to be hard to hybrid like before on Immortal jugs who ran DPS gear. Right now the bolster is the problem. My friend is experiencing a similar issue with the fact that he wants to play his tank like a dps but the bolster is forcing tank stats on him. It literally stacks you with a crapload of sheild/absorb/defense rating no matter what gear you throw on your toon.

This could easily be just because we havn't reached the bolster ceiling because this is all t1 gear but we can't know if this will change. We will have to see as people level and become more geared what bolster does to hybrid gear builds.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Ive transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Suprisex's Avatar


Suprisex
12.03.2016 , 09:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
Currently I'm enjoying it. Rank 20+ now and have only 2 230 set bonus armorings.

It's OK. I have 155k HP now and it is annoying some.
Now if only I can get the 120k DPS to not guard each other and healers.

Depending on what I'm wearing Tank/DPS gear my hits are about where they would be percent wise with 4.0. I will swap gear around during a match depending on what is needed. Running the huttball = tank. Burning down PvE scrubs = DPS

I will say sins are looking like they will be better tanks than juggs overall. But I like throwing people around
Exactly what I'm doing right now. Have 3 sets of 208 gear for different situations. I agree, so annoying when you see someone getting focused and can't throw a guard on them because a dps is already guarding them but nowhere to be found. Dumb ideas to give them guard.
Zaihn

Izmolkov's Avatar


Izmolkov
02.01.2017 , 12:12 PM | #9
Tell me please. Juggernaut(immortal) rotation, utilites, stats, augments for PVP.

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
02.01.2017 , 07:39 PM | #10
holy necro batman

just search for a 4.0 pvp guide, it's mostly still applicable.

meanwhile:

Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
I still play Guardian Tank in 5.0. Seems like it does a great job. Damage is not that low, contributing.
I decided to get few crates, keep them unoppened. Then when have a few I respecc to Vigilance and get dps gear.
So just be in dps spec while opening crates
be careful doing this, because then you also get Vig set pieces.

Signed, the Big Brain GEEENIUS guy that got TWO Weaponmaster set pieces before figuring this out, by saving up and popping multiple crates like you describe. Don't ask. Luckily you can trade them up to War Leader now.

Also:

Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
It's going to be hard to hybrid like before on Immortal jugs who ran DPS gear. Right now the bolster is the problem. My friend is experiencing a similar issue with the fact that he wants to play his tank like a dps but the bolster is forcing tank stats on him. It literally stacks you with a crapload of sheild/absorb/defense rating no matter what gear you throw on your toon.
Totally true as most people know by now. Skank tanks actually benefit from the Bolster nerf, once you've got your mainhand and offhand and a few other pieces above 232, and everything else at 230 or so.