Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission discovery 10

psandak
12.07.2016 , 09:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KindlyOne View Post
These are all excellent points. Well said.

I not only agree, but would like to add that for the crew skills like Scavenging, Bio Analysis, and Archaeology, the mission discoveries are very lackluster. They take so much longer than regular missions. In the same length of time, you could have done several regular missions to make up for the amount you would have gotten. The only nice thing about them is that they cannot fail.

Back when you didn't always get the mission you wanted due to RNG, and when your companions' crit chances were much lower, yeah, the Mission Discoveries were more enticing. But now, with everything that's changed, Mission Discoveries have been left behind.
I mildly disagree with your assessment of gathering skill discovered missions. while in the same time you can run more missions, those missions and materials cost more credits. With Wealthy missions You get 32 materials (16 of each) for roughly 150 credits a piece (assuming a non-crit). The rich mission with a rank 50 comp is three times that at 460 credits a piece (assuming idealized crit rates)
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Ryenke
12.07.2016 , 10:06 AM | #22
Yeah, I love the mission discoveries for the skills with blues/purples. Less interested in the Arch/Scav/Bio ones, but even there, if I get low, I love to have one or two to get my crafting done.

Can ANYONE confirm where these come from, I would also estimate about 1000 missions (rich and prosperous) and not one mission discovery has dropped.

I even started doing TH lockbox missions hoping to find one in one of those boxes, but nada in maybe 40 or 50 missions.

Divona
12.07.2016 , 10:38 AM | #23
Since 5.0 early access i have been running on 4-5 chars slicing highest grade missions and never seen even one grade 10 mission discovery at 600.

I thought they got removed and then checked GTN. No idea whats gonig on but i never got one still.
The Division Dev:
I will say this. Video games have a business side as well as the creative side. This is necessary to function and only time will tell what the future of the game is.

KindlyOne
12.07.2016 , 04:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I mildly disagree with your assessment of gathering skill discovered missions. while in the same time you can run more missions, those missions and materials cost more credits. With Wealthy missions You get 32 materials (16 of each) for roughly 150 credits a piece (assuming a non-crit). The rich mission with a rank 50 comp is three times that at 460 credits a piece (assuming idealized crit rates)
That's a fair point. It is cheaper to use wealthy missions. I remember doing the math (when I was frustrated with those types of mission discoveries,) and they were cheaper. Cheaper and infallible. Yay.

Edit: There was a time when the mission discoveries weren't infallible. You could pay the higher credits and wait for the longer hours, only to have your companion fail. Those were frustrating times.

Khevar
12.07.2016 , 09:56 PM | #25
Edit: There was a time when the mission discoveries weren't infallible. You could pay the higher credits and wait for the longer hours, only to have your companion fail. Those were frustrating times.
Are you sure about this?

I've been doing crafting in this game since 2012 and I've never seen a mission discovery fail.

KindlyOne
12.07.2016 , 11:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Are you sure about this?

I've been doing crafting in this game since 2012 and I've never seen a mission discovery fail.
Help me out here, psandak?

Okay. Here goes. Patch notes 1.2.0 Legacy.

Scroll down to the section on Mission Skill Changes. I've made a copy for your convenience.
See underlined phrase.

Mission Skills
  • Missions granted from Mission Discovery objects no longer have a chance to fail.
  • Mission Discovery items now indicate that they can only be used once.
  • Players can now send multiple companion characters on a mission granted by a Mission Discovery if the player had more than one of that Mission Discovery.

Khevar
12.08.2016 , 12:43 AM | #27
Missions granted from Mission Discovery objects no longer have a chance to fail.
Aha! That explains it.

I joined the game around patch 1.1, and didn't run enough Discovery Missions before 1.2 to see any fail.

psandak
12.08.2016 , 08:23 AM | #28
Sorry KindlyOne I was asleep...

Yes, I do in fact remember running discovered missions waiting the hours for them to complete only to have them fail .

I was SO happy when they "fixed" that.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date