Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission discovery 10

lironBD
12.01.2016 , 06:15 AM | #1
I used to get missions discovery from slicing but now slicing lacking rank 10 lockbox missions.

how do we get mission discovery for rank 10 crafting now?

edit:

ok I asked someone who sold mission discovery 10 on gtn it seems he got it on a node in zakuul.

if there is no way to get those from companions missions it will sucks badly.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

Pardoz
12.01.2016 , 05:47 PM | #2
You can still get discoveries from grade 10 sliced part missions - I've gotten several.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a launcher downloading Main Assets 6 forever.

ottomadduxone
12.02.2016 , 01:00 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
You can still get discoveries from grade 10 sliced part missions - I've gotten several.
I've run a ton of slicing missions and haven't seen one

Pardoz
12.02.2016 , 03:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ottomadduxone View Post
I've run a ton of slicing missions and haven't seen one
I've gotten Slicing, Investigation, and UT mission drops (I think they're skill 580 or so to run). They certainly seem rarer than they used to be (also gotten half a dozen or so speeder schematics, which meh.)
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a launcher downloading Main Assets 6 forever.

Col_Sandurz_
12.02.2016 , 04:09 AM | #5
I think your mistaken here. They have never dropped from slicing parts missions and still don't. I have 20 slicers and have easily run several hundred grade 10 slicing missions and have not seen any. It seems the only way to get these is from gathering nodes.

Pardoz
12.02.2016 , 06:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Col_Sandurz_ View Post
It seems the only way to get these is from gathering nodes.
I haven't done any node-gathering (been focused on running the new story content, haven't bothered doing laps around the Swamps/Breaktown/Darvannis). They're definitely rarer drops than they used to be, but the ones I've gotten have all come from parts missions, directly or indirectly (I got a couple from a Slicing discovery mission.)

psandak
12.02.2016 , 09:31 AM | #7
But when you think about it, are discovered missions even needed anymore?

Which is a better system:

running lockbox mission after lockbox mission to try to get sufficient discovered missions for the materials you want...If the command crate hate pre-5.0 was any indication RNG is not a good idea.

or getting a companion or two or 20 to rank 50 where one has a 40% chance to crit and get the specific materials they want because they are running missions that WILL generate those materials in a predictable manner (over the long haul).

Some will say, "why not have both?" But is having both is better than one or the other. With both, we saw a marked decline in the value of purple materials and those items crafted with them (look at 4.x augments vs 1.x, 2.x and 3.x values; values were halved both in the sliced parts and the augments themselves).

Furthermore, due to reshuffling of what schematics need what materials, the only purple materials that are needed anymore are slicing, TH, and Dip; UWT and Investigation purple mats are only used in crafting adaptive non-moddable equipment...not the most desirable so those discovered missions are valued less than before (personally I run UWT and Inv missions using low rank companions because I do not want the purple mats; I have vendored far more UWT and Inv purple mats than I ever sold or used combined).

My overall point is that the lack of grade 10 discovered missions is not as bad as some suggest. The lack of these missions will increase the value of the purple materials and the crafted items that use them.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

Khevar
12.02.2016 , 10:08 AM | #8
I've gotten Slicing, Investigation, and UT mission drops (I think they're skill 580 or so to run). They certainly seem rarer than they used to be (also gotten half a dozen or so speeder schematics, which meh.)
I haven't seen a single mission discovery yet, after running approximately 300 rich / bountiful slicing missions.

Checking the GTN just now doesn't show a single grade 10 mission discovery for sale.

I think you're mistaken, and are actually talking about grade 9 mission discoveries from 4.0.
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I'd say no. I get plenty of purple mats with high-influence companions. I won't miss mission discoveries at all.

eartharioch
12.02.2016 , 10:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Whether or not they are needed or not is irrelevant, it's just annoying when devs take things away or change things without any apparent reason (and without saying anything). That said, I rarely used them or pursued them before, since I had no problems getting what I needed with max affection companions. TBH, I haven't really bothered bumping my companions over level 10 (where they were pre 4.x) and I still get enough mats.

Quote:
running lockbox mission after lockbox mission to try to get sufficient discovered missions for the materials you want...If the command crate hate pre-5.0 was any indication RNG is not a good idea.
Not sure what you mean by "pre-5.0" hate, the post-release hate seems to be just as strong and likely won't start to fade until peoples' subs start running out.

Quote:
My overall point is that the lack of grade 10 discovered missions is not as bad as some suggest. The lack of these missions will increase the value of the purple materials and the crafted items that use them.
I'm not sure that it will increase value of purple mats, since people likely vendored or tried to sell missions they didn't want to run and didn't actually run them, so there existence would have little to no impact on the value. Two things you didn't mention that affect the value of purples was the reduction of purple mats needed in many schematics (e.g., augments went from four slicing purples to two) and the increase of purples returned by bountiful/rich missions (both of which happened in 3.0).

That said, I don't think it's a big deal mechanically.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Pardoz
12.02.2016 , 10:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I haven't seen a single mission discovery yet, after running approximately 300 rich / bountiful slicing missions.
Now you have