Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to beat Vaylin in Chapter 9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How to beat Vaylin in Chapter 9

ShadessaWayland
12.05.2016 , 10:35 PM | #21
its a easy fight but long if she use that long casting spell you have plenty off time to get out and find those orbs and heal your self and its always handy to bring some health pots with you just in case
free 7 days of sub

Jaelyn
12.06.2016 , 06:58 AM | #22
Beating Vaylin in 5 minutes ( does not matter what class you are)

1. Get some heal pots from fleet for emergency before starting fight

2. When fight starts either hit Vaylin with a range strike or melee just once. Then run around the stairs avoid the purple circle. When the heal circles appear if you are under half hitpoints use the circle to heal. If you are above half hps, then train Vaylin into circle. The circle will do massive damage to Vaylin. Once Vaylin is in circle she will loose about 1/4 total hps and be stunned. Use Force power and run away to make her run toward you. Use the next healing circle on yourself. You need to put Vaylin in 4 circles and the circles will kill her.

Katpoohtoo
12.06.2016 , 07:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaelyn View Post

2. When fight starts either hit Vaylin with a range strike or melee just once. Then run around the stairs avoid the purple circle. When the heal circles appear if you are under half hitpoints use the circle to heal. If you are above half hps, then train Vaylin into circle. The circle will do massive damage to Vaylin. Once Vaylin is in circle she will loose about 1/4 total hps and be stunned. Use Force power and run away to make her run toward you. Use the next healing circle on yourself. You need to put Vaylin in 4 circles and the circles will kill her.
Nope, it doesn't work for me. She grabs me too fast and knocks me up and down like a yoyo. I don't have time to heal before I die. Either they have to make changes to the game, or I'll have to abandon that mission and see if I can start again to where I can enslave the dark lord so that he can help me.

Shadowsentinel
12.06.2016 , 11:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ingsoc_XT View Post
Because, if you are a full DS char...

Spoiler
Maybe, but after that...
Spoiler
'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity.'

Galen_S_Marek
12.07.2016 , 05:47 AM | #25
All the help from you guys helps me getting Vaylin down to about 60 - 50%. After that it does not matter what I do, she always gets me. She does something and my character cannot run or move. By the time it can move again I'm so far down on health that I cannot make it to any healing circle. No, I'm not stunned or similar - after a few times hitting jump I suddenly can move again, but its way too late.

As a trooper I must say this is near impossible if not impossible to win.

Galen_S_Marek
12.07.2016 , 07:18 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Galen_S_Marek View Post
All the help from you guys helps me getting Vaylin down to about 60 - 50%. After that it does not matter what I do, she always gets me. She does something and my character cannot run or move. By the time it can move again I'm so far down on health that I cannot make it to any healing circle. No, I'm not stunned or similar - after a few times hitting jump I suddenly can move again, but its way too late.

As a trooper I must say this is near impossible if not impossible to win.
I don't know what I did exactly but hitting her in the purple circle and when my health came beneath 80% run and use medpacks, all kind of healing abilities and the green healing circles while run to and from her eventually got her. In the end it does not seem difficult but while one is at it it seems insurmountable.

SerraShar
12.07.2016 , 07:41 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaelyn View Post

what force powers ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

SerraShar
12.07.2016 , 07:43 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Galen_S_Marek View Post
I don't know what I did exactly but hitting her in the purple circle and when my health came beneath 80% run and use medpacks, all kind of healing abilities and the green healing circles while run to and from her eventually got her. In the end it does not seem difficult but while one is at it it seems insurmountable.
Trying her on my sniper . It really is a pain . Don't have healing Abilities , or super sprint or anything like that .

I did try running around , was able to get her into 2 healing circle then for some reason she froze me and killed me . when I tried again...I got knocked off the platform and died lol
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy

Stultophobe
12.07.2016 , 09:15 AM | #29
I don't understand why so many people are having problems with Vaylin. I didn't even encounter Force Slam until my third playthough when I missed an interrupt, so I'm assuming people aren't using their interrupt and that's maybe part of it. Never gone under 70% hp -- this is on my Marauder. Veteran mode was a bit more difficult than story, obviously -- still doable on a first try basis. Not sure what the issue is.
Spoiler

RED LIGHTSABER ENTHUSIASTị≡ị₪₪₪ịị▮

SerraShar
12.07.2016 , 11:03 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stultophobe View Post
I don't understand why so many people are having problems with Vaylin. I didn't even encounter Force Slam until my third playthough when I missed an interrupt, so I'm assuming people aren't using their interrupt and that's maybe part of it. Never gone under 70% hp -- this is on my Marauder. Veteran mode was a bit more difficult than story, obviously -- still doable on a first try basis. Not sure what the issue is.
I did it on my Jedi consular , Sith Jugg and Sorc heal and Jedi consular heal with no issue . But on a sniper...I find it for some reason horrible to win . Maybe it,s my gear which I'm trying to fix .
Balance in All Things