Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to beat Vaylin in Chapter 9

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How to beat Vaylin in Chapter 9

GabbyMe
12.03.2016 , 06:11 PM | #11
I just kited her around the stairs at the bottom of the throne. They give you a great area for it. If I needed healing... I went to the green floaty orbs. When she began casting that really long thing... I ran out of LOS, and hid until she finished.

Takes a while, but it's doable. I had more trouble with Valkorian then Vaylin.
Theron wants a new jacket!

stoopicus
12.03.2016 , 07:27 PM | #12
This fight is either super easy or pretty hard, depending:
Spoiler

For me the key to the solo fight is to fight near the bottom of the stairs. It's close to two healing orb spawn points, and those do huge damage if you kite Vaylin into them. Plus, when she starts her giant AE, you can run up the stairs to avoid it.

But yeah, this one took me a few tries. I actually upgraded my field repair droid because of this fight.

Amazombie
12.03.2016 , 11:53 PM | #13
I just wanted to chime in with my strategy.
I fought him solo as a smuggler.
I tried staying near stairs like most suggested but that didnt really work for me. Heres what I did.

Covered at start point , fired one shot to get her to come in. Then I stayed there and fought until she used overload ( the big aoe) . the healing circles will start there and hit you before you die. when she starts overload i ran up the stairs out of the way, after it went off i looked on the side of stairs for the healing circle and then went back to where i started, and repeat that
hope this helps. good luck!

Katpoohtoo
12.04.2016 , 01:13 AM | #14
This encounter is crappy. I'm a sage and I found, to my dismay, that I can no longer easily use my saber because my saber slash was replaced with "impending slash" which allows me to swing my saber ONCE and then a countdown begins before I can use it again. My movements become sluggish and I can't move very well. Even when I kite Vaylin into a healing circle, I can't even reach the other circle or to a safer place without automatically dying. Kinetic throw is useless on her.

Katpoohtoo
12.04.2016 , 03:55 AM | #15
And another thing; why did those who chose the Dark Side get rewarded with a companion to fight Vaylin? "Oh look! You did a good thing and chose the Dark Side and imprisoned the dark lord to be your slave! Attaboy! Now you get help fighting Vaylin's spirit while the Light Siders can go suck eggs!"

Amazombie
12.04.2016 , 08:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Katpoohtoo View Post
This encounter is crappy. I'm a sage and I found, to my dismay, that I can no longer easily use my saber because my saber slash was replaced with "impending slash" which allows me to swing my saber ONCE and then a countdown begins before I can use it again. My movements become sluggish and I can't move very well. Even when I kite Vaylin into a healing circle, I can't even reach the other circle or to a safer place without automatically dying. Kinetic throw is useless on her.
follow my walkthrough above, you can beat her by basically not moving as much at all, i never worried about kite to the healing circles, since if you stay at the start you will get a few on here anyway when they generate there.

Katpoohtoo
12.04.2016 , 09:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Amazombie View Post
follow my walkthrough above, you can beat her by basically not moving as much at all, i never worried about kite to the healing circles, since if you stay at the start you will get a few on here anyway when they generate there.
Sorry, but no, that doesn't work for me. I don't have the freedom of movement that you're describing. I'm always getting caught and mercilessly slammed to a point so close to death that I haven't got a chance before she catches me again.

Ravi_Kane
12.05.2016 , 01:48 PM | #18
Ok. I tried to do this. A lot. Failed and was ready to scream.

Then magically, I don't know how this worked, but next to the front of the stairs (not underneath). There are some rocks. i was standing there, and somehow, vaylin electrocuted herself. fight was over in 30 seconds. I haven't repeated it, but i'm assuming those rocks absorb and redirect the lightning.

Swingkittie
12.05.2016 , 03:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cylestea View Post
quest is alot easier if you kept valk's father sealed. he would have joined you for the fight
I have to agree on this. I had him on heals so I had the extra heal plus Vaylin will switch back and forth between you and him. When he had her aggro is when I could damage her a lot. And when she turned to me, I just kept running, kiting until she stopped her channeling. Staying out of the circles she creates as much as possible. I know its harder if you are a melee class but still doable.

If you don't have Valk's father then you have to use the healing things that float around. It does make the fight last longer though.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Ingsoc_XT
12.05.2016 , 07:43 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Katpoohtoo View Post
And another thing; why did those who chose the Dark Side get rewarded with a companion to fight Vaylin? "Oh look! You did a good thing and chose the Dark Side and imprisoned the dark lord to be your slave! Attaboy! Now you get help fighting Vaylin's spirit while the Light Siders can go suck eggs!"
Because, if you are a full DS char...

Spoiler