Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Pet peeve about Kotet *spoiler*

MollyDresden
11.30.2016 , 09:13 PM | #21
What's the line? "If you like it then you better put a ring on it"? True statement. Gotta lock that down.

casirabit
11.30.2016 , 09:24 PM | #22
What about the romance you had before you met Lana?
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

BlueShiftRecall
11.30.2016 , 09:26 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazanth View Post
She's probably pregnant with Koth's child, if that makes you feel any better.
Koth/Lana's secret baby they had whilst we were in carbonite is obviously the next big bad villain.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) and More Miraluka Masks

Mevan
11.30.2016 , 10:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
only pathologically possessive person would call it cheating.
"Oh no, my partner whom I supposedly love has gone missing/been captured by baddies. I'm going to go and save this person, whom I supposedly love, but while I'm getting there I'm going to shag around 'cause we never actually said we were together so it's all good! Oh and I'm definitely not going to mention it when I'm reunited with my lover, I'll keep it a dirty little secret until they inevitably find out from someone else instead of me, thus causing them more pain"

If someone I loved had been imprisoned, I wouldn't be screwing other people in the meantime. I certainly wouldn't let my partner work alongside said side-piece without telling them about anything that did happen first. Nothing 'pathologically possessive' about that. Though I appreciate most individuals in this day and age seem to have no concept of morality or loyalty when it comes to relationships. Lana is evidently far Sithier than we've been led to believe.

The more pressing concern is 'why would the writer's have a sophisticated (or not, as we now know) intellectual like Lana shack up with a single-track-mind idealist who's got an unhealthy adoration for the galaxy's most prolific mass-murderer and whines non-stop about everything when it isn't done his way?'

Theron I could maybe see it happening but not lasting long, but Koth? Christ...

Akaneryuu
12.01.2016 , 04:32 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
shhhhhhhh We do not talk about that. Let's pretend it never happend, lets just say it was a prank OR A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. But seriously what were we saying about Lana being a cheater again?

americanaussie
12.01.2016 , 04:47 AM | #26
Oooh, yeah, there was a LOOK between Lana and Koth even though I romanced Theron. when Lana and I left Koth on a dangerous mission, there was a LOOK...a BE CAREFUL I STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU LOOK. I could tell they were totally lovers. But what gets me...Lana and Theron have a little cut scene at the end about the dance floor and the future... Lana sure gets around.

I didn't seem to get any follow up message from Theron, but I have Arcann telling me that he's sticking in the alliance for me. Theron better watch it. ha! just kidding.

CorellianWannabe
12.01.2016 , 05:29 AM | #27
That assumes the character had one.

Maybe my Jedi felt it was wrong to romance his padawan (especially an apparently emotionally immature one like Nadia), whereas at least with Lana there isn't a power/authority imbalance.

Jeweledleah
12.01.2016 , 08:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
"Oh no, my partner whom I supposedly love has gone missing/been captured by baddies. I'm going to go and save this person, whom I supposedly love, but while I'm getting there I'm going to shag around 'cause we never actually said we were together so it's all good! Oh and I'm definitely not going to mention it when I'm reunited with my lover, I'll keep it a dirty little secret until they inevitably find out from someone else instead of me, thus causing them more pain"

If someone I loved had been imprisoned, I wouldn't be screwing other people in the meantime. I certainly wouldn't let my partner work alongside said side-piece without telling them about anything that did happen first. Nothing 'pathologically possessive' about that. Though I appreciate most individuals in this day and age seem to have no concept of morality or loyalty when it comes to relationships. Lana is evidently far Sithier than we've been led to believe.

The more pressing concern is 'why would the writer's have a sophisticated (or not, as we now know) intellectual like Lana shack up with a single-track-mind idealist who's got an unhealthy adoration for the galaxy's most prolific mass-murderer and whines non-stop about everything when it isn't done his way?'

Theron I could maybe see it happening but not lasting long, but Koth? Christ...
oh for god's sakes.

I feel like Ross from Friends right now which is not something I want to feel like, but "THEY WEREN'T TOGETHER AT THE TIME." it was five years. FIVE years. and the circumstances were pretty damn dire - outlander might not have even gotten rescued. god forbid she found a little bit of comfort and pleasure before she knew rescue was even definitely possible.

as for why Koth and not Theron? anything Lana and Theron may have had together, got squashed the moment she decided that Theron should get captured by enemy forces. it was a calculated decisions that paid off, but Theron was very much NOT ok with it. couple that with the duty both feel to their respective governments and that they are both literally spies for opposing sites? does not make for a good relationship start. heck Lana was reluctant to be in a relationship with future outlander before the whole kotfe started even when they were in her own faction. too much conflict of interest among other things. Koth meanwhile is relatively simple, easier for her to relax around - no hidden agendas, no conflict of interest just an ally for a common cause.

but anyways - prior to world falling apart when eternal empire attacked? there is no commitment. there are beginnings of a relationship, but there is NO commitment. it doesn't have to be a marriage ceremony, you can be in a committed relationship without getting married, but every party in that relationship needs to acknowledge commitment to each other, and no saying "my love" is not an acknowledgment of commitment, especially when its not reciprocated. and hell, outlander can chose to romance someone else - they can chose to essentially ignore Lana and go for another character, they can chose to rekindle old romance even if they flirted with Lana all through SoR. why... WHY is it ok for outlander, but Lana having a short relationship when you are not even together? how dare she. oy people.

Aeristash
12.01.2016 , 08:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
omg. she called your character my love - you must be married now /eyeroll. you were NOT in an exclusive relationship, the romance was never locked it. you were in stages of falling in love - but there was no discussion of "we are exclusive now". I don't know about your dating history in real life, but guess what - people in real life date and kiss and have sex without formally being in an exclusive relationship. until you both discus it and agree on it? you are NOT exclusive.

moreover - she and Koth KNEW EACH OTHER FOR YEARS. they may have been looking for outlander for years, but that doesn't change that they knew each other for years, while outlander was nowhere to be found and worked together in a resistance against Arcaan. for years. and again. its none of your business what and adult woman did with her body while not in an exclusive relationship. she. didn't. cheat. there was nothing to cheat about. being mad at her for finding some temporary comfort with Koth is pathologically possessive. and btw, you CAN ask her again, and you can ask Koth again and they are both dismissive, becasue whatever they had? is in a past, they are now platonic partners and that's all that should matter.
Not married, tho it does make one lovers. My love is short for my lover, dearest one, person who holds my heart. A reference not commonly used with the casual wam bam thank you mam encounters you're describing. Simply because she is an adult and there is no ring on the finger does not license sleeping with whoever/whenever at will. Such distasteful liberal allegiances are why few ever make it to marriage to begin with. Technicalities are the excuses of children who lack the scruples to own their misdeeds. they also rarely ever work as a justification except with the one doing the justifying. And how many years they knew each other is irrelevant. They could've known each other 30 years and the fact that she had someone she loved as well as knowing that person loved her should've been enough to keep koth behind the friend zone.

Aeristash
12.01.2016 , 08:56 AM | #30
He tried to kill me.