Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

English Assets 1?

MourningKat
12.27.2011 , 01:47 AM | #1
What the heck is up with the English Assets 1 file? I've downloaded it about...5 times or so tonight.

I got the game, was all happy that I'd have most of tomorrow to play, figured that I'd DL and patch overnight. And this.

Dzentar
12.27.2011 , 01:48 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MourningKat View Post
What the heck is up with the English Assets 1 file? I've downloaded it about...5 times or so tonight.

I got the game, was all happy that I'd have most of tomorrow to play, figured that I'd DL and patch overnight. And this.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=86265&page=8

change your hosts file to that IP address and you should be good to use patcher after you close/reopen

DarkUnicorn
12.27.2011 , 01:48 AM | #3
same problem as me and like everyone trying to download the game right now

ColdRiktor
12.27.2011 , 01:49 AM | #4
known problem bud ...i've been stuck on eng assets for close to 9hrs ....hopefullly a fix commin tonight/ early morning

zerorsw
12.27.2011 , 01:52 AM | #5
Say what? You told him to change IP in hosts file, but to what?

DarkUnicorn
12.27.2011 , 01:54 AM | #6
this problem is just annoying.

Dzentar
12.27.2011 , 01:55 AM | #7
from the above thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by Davemao View Post
UPDATE 2: I had to edit my HOSTS file to have it map the desired IP address to "cdn-patch.swtor.com" For those of you who have never needed to do this, you can find the HOSTS file here in Windows:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Edit it to add the following line:
64.145.87.64 cdn-patch.swtor.com

I haven't verified the above IP yet, but I'm about 30% through downloading the first file. I'll check the MD5 and update you all on whether it works or not in 10 minutes.

IP 64.145.87.64 is providing the correct md5 hash for everything I have downloaded thus far.

zerorsw
12.27.2011 , 01:56 AM | #8
I'll try that and see if everything works.

zerorsw
12.27.2011 , 02:10 AM | #9
Well after changing that and restarting the launcher it doesn't want to resume >.<

guynolan
12.27.2011 , 02:24 AM | #10
Hi guys,

I've been fooling around with this problem for probably 12 hours. Called tech support and he went to the forums for help.. He couldn't help me.

Anyway, I completely uninstalled the game. Then, instead of the doing the whole registration from the website and stuff I skipped that and installed everything from the disk and had no problem. I'm about to create my character

Again, uninstall and then reinstall straight from the disk. It took me less than an hour to get the game up and running doing it this way.