Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

defeat Vaylin's spirit.

JennyFlynn
11.30.2016 , 06:38 PM | #21
That fight was definitely the trickiest one I experienced. I used the several deaths to figure out the timing between the green healing puddles, which damage her, and their spawn points. I remained in that area mostly with my back to the staircase with the throne, getting as many melee hits in as possible while shielding and dmg reducing myself whenever those abilities came off cooldown. Once a puddle spawned I'd kite her over so she'd be the one soaking it first, then wailed on her some more and repositioned until the next puddle. I'd soak that one to heal myself back up and from there on rinse and repeat. Took me about 6-7 tries, think there's a bit of RNG to it as she has a knock back which not only throws you back but also eliminates the green puddle.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

Tamujin
11.30.2016 , 06:48 PM | #22
I used the trick of standing at the bottom of the stairs with my back to the throne, i got knocked back a few times but didn't go far because of the stairs. I didn't use any tactics at all and just stood toe to toe with her, however i had Lord Dramath as a healing companion so i didn't even bother with the green healing circles.
Referral Link ---> http://www.swtor.com/r/WfwLq4

Lunafox
11.30.2016 , 06:50 PM | #23
It was a touch annoying. I had her down to a third of her life left and she knocked me back off the platform to my death. Then of course it reset and I had to start over which sucked. This time around though, I wedged myself between the stairs and a light post or something, so there was no way I'd get knocked off, because I had my back to something solid.

Zasszz
11.30.2016 , 07:00 PM | #24
Please tell me you who have died several times are talking about veteran mode and not story mode. Otherwise this might be the point where no amount of tips can save you from your lack of understanding of game mechanics or tooltips you never read on your enemies buffs. After playing up to the last chapter and still failing at something so basic would be embaressing.

Free goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/VcBZjK

MadDutchman
11.30.2016 , 07:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zasszz View Post
Please tell me you who have died several times are talking about veteran mode and not story mode. Otherwise this might be the point where no amount of tips can save you from your lack of understanding of game mechanics or tooltips you never read on your enemies buffs. After playing up to the last chapter and still failing at something so basic would be embaressing.
Let me guess, you had Lord Dramath with you?

Or perhaps a class with a bunch of heals?

Wait, I got this all wrong, you are one of those elitist raiders! how silly of me...

Seriously, story folks don't understand the mechanics of boss fights because they don't want to have to understand them. If they wanted that, they'd play group content, or the new veteran modes.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

TL_Roff
11.30.2016 , 07:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamujin View Post
I used the trick of standing at the bottom of the stairs with my back to the throne, i got knocked back a few times but didn't go far because of the stairs. I didn't use any tactics at all and just stood toe to toe with her, however i had Lord Dramath as a healing companion so i didn't even bother with the green healing circles.
How did you have a companion in this fight?.. no companions allowed... If you had a companion your cheating some how.. this is a SOLO fight..

JennyFlynn
11.30.2016 , 07:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TL_Roff View Post
How did you have a companion in this fight?.. no companions allowed... If you had a companion your cheating some how.. this is a SOLO fight..
I don't think he was cheating. I'm gonna assume he chose to keep Lord Dramath in the holocron or whatever rather than freeing him, thus making Dramath support him in the fight in that spirit/mind world.

And if that's the case, good to know. I won't be freeing him on my other characters :P
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

MadDutchman
11.30.2016 , 07:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TL_Roff View Post
If yuo didn't release Lord Dramath from the holocron back on Nathema, he joins you for this fight as a companion.

Which I think is a source of a lot of the problems. I think BW balanced it with Dramath out thinking "well this is easy enough for the story folks, they just have to watch out for the knockback and all good"

Then all the LS people get there and go ***
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Zasszz
11.30.2016 , 07:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Let me guess, you had Lord Dramath with you?

Or perhaps a class with a bunch of heals?

Wait, I got this all wrong, you are one of those elitist raiders! how silly of me...

Seriously, story folks don't understand the mechanics of boss fights because they don't want to have to understand them. If they wanted that, they'd play group content, or the new veteran modes.
No, it was my light side char.
Yes, I used two. A weak hot and class heal with long CD.
No. Unless reading enemy buff tooltips makes me an "elitist raider".

Actually I did it with my sorcerer, lightning, mostly just shielding, at melee range and only two green orbs used. I also avoided the big red circle and kicked a few abilities. I think the fight isnt really hard. Actually well balanced between movement and right abilities. The rest depends on the gear and how well you can use your abilities.

Free goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/VcBZjK

Galahard
11.30.2016 , 07:58 PM | #30
OP, way to go, posting spoilers in the thread title, don't ever give us, mortals, who didn't finish KOTET in the first few hours of early access, a chance to avoid any spoilers.