Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

defeat Vaylin's spirit.

kenbe
11.30.2016 , 05:36 AM | #1
Fought and died about twenty times. As a gunslinger I have one interrupt distraction. The smugglers kick is gone. Vaylin does massive damage. I do tiny damage. Try to run to the heal blobs and you get bounced like a basket ball. Only way to stop that is escape but that has like a forever cool down after you use it. There has to be some clever game trick to defeat her but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Tried one person's suggestion of running up and down the stairs but I lose health too fast and die that way too. It seems like an impossible fight. Am I glitched or is there a secret to this fight?

josephxp
11.30.2016 , 05:45 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by kenbe View Post
Fought and died about twenty times. As a gunslinger I have one interrupt distraction. The smugglers kick is gone. Vaylin does massive damage. I do tiny damage. Try to run to the heal blobs and you get bounced like a basket ball. Only way to stop that is escape but that has like a forever cool down after you use it. There has to be some clever game trick to defeat her but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Tried one person's suggestion of running up and down the stairs but I lose health too fast and die that way too. It seems like an impossible fight. Am I glitched or is there a secret to this fight?
I just did it on my sharpshooter gunslinger less then 8 hours ago, its an easy fight u just need to be in the 4m melee range because of her buff if ur not in melee range u take all of your damage, also entrench, shield probe, dodge on her knockback its an easy fight.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

CorellianWannabe
11.30.2016 , 06:53 AM | #3
In other words it's a 'ranged need not apply' fight? Whee, that'll be fun.

I really appreciate EA taking away my stockstrike even more now!

Frenesi
11.30.2016 , 07:16 AM | #4
Dear lord. Another one.

Have you visited trainer?
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

CorellianWannabe
11.30.2016 , 07:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenesi View Post
Dear lord. Another one.

Have you visited trainer?
What is the purpose of the trainer now anyway? "Go learn free abilties, even though a number of abilities simply appear on your quickbar as you level". It's right up there with requiring an item mod station to add augment kits, even though they are obsolete for everything else.

Frenesi
11.30.2016 , 07:31 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CorellianWannabe View Post
What is the purpose of the trainer now anyway? "Go learn free abilties, even though a number of abilities simply appear on your quickbar as you level". It's right up there with requiring an item mod station to add augment kits, even though they are obsolete for everything else.
The purpose is, OP complains how he got only 1 interrupt and his stun was removed. That shows the fact that he didn't visit trainer to get replacement stun, which is in-game and 10 meters. It also shows that OP lacks basic reading ability, so my advice was probably in vain.

But yea, just removing trainers and automatically granting abilities would probably help with all the idiotic "my skills got removed" posts. Those things are relics of time long past.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

serenitty
11.30.2016 , 07:39 AM | #7
Finally just defeated her on my dps sage this morning after 3 hours trying last night. Did a lot of running, short burst attacks, cheap heals and bubble mixed with finding the little healer blobs.
I'd get her down to almost nothing then she would syphon me down to nothing from full health, she seems to take more the lower her health is. Or she would manage a push or some sorts ( not her overload though as I was watching for that) and I would go over the edge.
Thought we got lucky with the no stuns from the skytroopers til I faced Vaylin, omg.
The only thing I could manage to interrupt was the force burst (sometimes) so if you focus on interupting that and staying out of her immediate range for the spyhon and running for the hills when she sets off her overload, you might manage to wear her down eventually.

Celise
11.30.2016 , 07:42 AM | #8
i got defeated the first time because of that knockback power she channels and i was caught out of position trying to get a health cloud.

the second time i went at it without an issue after adapting and correcting around the fight. otherwise it is a long dul fight and the only thing that makes it interesting is relying on helth clouds to show up with no gaurantee you can get to them.

LordArtemis
11.30.2016 , 07:56 AM | #9
Its generally a long fight, the toughest IMO.

Trick is to stay at the foot of the stairs, with her in front of you....if she is behind or on your side, move back and forth to get her in front of you. STAY VERY CLOSE TO HER. She reflects all damage that is not generated in melee range.

Watch her charges. When she reaches 30, she gets ready to go nuclear. RUN UP THE STAIRS at this point to the top, near the throne. It should miss, if it hits you will hit the back of the throne and be fine. Then move back down to the foot of the stairs.

Grab the green memory health things when they come close to you, then MOVE BACK TO THE FOOT OF THE STAIRS and stay there.

If you can manage this, you will eventually wear her down.

Korrwyn
11.30.2016 , 01:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
I just did it on my sharpshooter gunslinger less then 8 hours ago, its an easy fight u just need to be in the 4m melee range because of her buff if ur not in melee range u take all of your damage, also entrench, shield probe, dodge on her knockback its an easy fight.
I have a sharpshooter too but I don't seem to have "shield probe" or "entrench". Could you be referring to something else? Thanks.