Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infiltration Quicky 5.0 Priority Guide and Utilities Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Infiltration Quicky 5.0 Priority Guide and Utilities Guide

FlavivsAetivs
11.29.2016 , 11:56 AM | #1
Priority:

Republic
1. Force Breach having been triggered by Force Potency
2. Normal Force Breach (Triggered by building stacks or from Shadow stride)
3. Highlighted ability (Psycho has priority) after using a Force Breach + Force Potency combination (for 100% crit)
4. Highlighted Psychokinetic Blast
5. Highlighted Spinning Strike from Stalker's Swiftness Utility
6. Highlighted Vaulting Leap
7. Highlighted Shadow Strike
8. Clairvoyant Strike

Imperial
1. Discharge having been triggered by Recklessness
2. Normal Discharge (Triggered by building stacks or from Phantom stride)
3. Highlighted ability (Ball Lightning has priority) after using a Discharge + Recklessness combination (for 100% crit)
4. Highlighted Ball Lightning
5. Highlighted Assassinate
6. Highlighted Reaping Strike
7. Highlighted Maul
9. Voltaic Slash

Opener:

[Battle Readiness + Power Adrenal] -> [Force Potency + Force Breach] -> Shadow Stride -> Force Breach -> Force Cloak -> Highlighted Assassinate -> Highlighted Vaulting Slash -> Highlighted Psychokinetic Blast -> Force Breach -> [Force Potency + Force Breach] -> [Priority Order].

Notes:

1. Force cloak and Shadow Stride (Phantom Stride) are still in rotation. Looks like saber strike isn't needed anymore, as long as you're behind the boss.

2. Clairvoyant strike (Voltaic Slash) usage has to be timed a lot better now, in order to maintain 2 stacks of clairvoyance (Depredating volts). It's easy to let those fall off with the addition of vaulting leap and more frequent usage of assassinate.

Utilities:

Skillful:
Celerity (PvE)
Mental Defense (Mandatory)

Masterful:
Force Harmonics (Mandatory)
Fade (Mandatory)

Heroic:
Shadowy Veil (Mandatory)
Cloak of Resilience or Sturdiness (PvE, depending on fight)

Legendary:
Stalker's Swiftness (Mandatory).
Mind over Matter or Avenging Grip, depending on the fight.
Alternatively, you can use the remaining point to pick a lower tier ability (like Shadow's Shelter).

EDIT 1: Fixed after I spent several hours testing things.
EDIT 2: Organized it.

Commentary?

~ Eudoxia
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

Tsetso
11.29.2016 , 12:02 PM | #2
So basically the same old stuff without the blackout?
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

FlavivsAetivs
11.29.2016 , 12:12 PM | #3
More or less, and with Reaping Strike in.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

DHHunter
12.18.2016 , 06:08 AM | #4
Why do we not get "Restorative Shade" and why is "Celerity" so much better than "Lambaste"? I admit that while I wish to someday play SWTOR as an MMORPG, I largely play it as a Single Player PvE RPG..., Dragon Quest, with Light sabers. So please forgive my ignorance, as a DPS spec shouldn't you focus on your best AoE attack? Your proposed Utility allotment is short for a level 70, a level 70 still has one point to spend. You say "We don't get access to Restorative Shade, Avenging Grip, or Mind over Matter due to the mandatory utilities for DPS." What is this mandatory DPS utility that prevents us from taking the other utility Feats?

Evolixe
12.18.2016 , 06:37 AM | #5
Spinning Strike should probably have more priority. It isn't as easy to explain but if you think you can build your induction stacks without it, it's priority is above Maul and Ball. The reason is because for every second it isn't cooldowned, you are losing uses.

You just have to factor in induction and force when making your choice. And try to see it coming at least 2 globals ahead because if you have to make the choice while the GCD is already over you are losing damage over inactivity obviously.

P.S. You can't really call something a guide by just posting what you think is right without any sort of grounds or explaination for choices. IE this must be the shortest guide ever.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server

nyrkverse
12.18.2016 , 06:48 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DHHunter View Post
Why do we not get "Restorative Shade" and why is "Celerity" so much better than "Lambaste"? I admit that while I wish to someday play SWTOR as an MMORPG, I largely play it as a Single Player PvE RPG..., Dragon Quest, with Light sabers. So please forgive my ignorance, as a DPS spec shouldn't you focus on your best AoE attack? Your proposed Utility allotment is short for a level 70, a level 70 still has one point to spend. You say "We don't get access to Restorative Shade, Avenging Grip, or Mind over Matter due to the mandatory utilities for DPS." What is this mandatory DPS utility that prevents us from taking the other utility Feats?
they are "mandatory" because they are a dps increase in a boss fight.

in the context of operations, lambaste is a situational utility at best (if there are many adds you'd be taking on at once and there are no strong AoE dps specs in your group) while the reduced force speed cooldown from celerity is always useful. There's no point in focusing on your best AoE attack if you won't be doing any AoE

"Mandatory" is also meant in this context: utilities like fade, force harmonics, stalker's swiftness, they all represent a dps increase in a boss fight. For example fade reduces the cooldown of force cloak and cloaking reduces the cooldown of force potency which means more force breaches=more dps. But in solo play cloaking ends the encounter so you might as well choose something else over fade if it's going to be you, your comp and an army of skytroopers
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

DHHunter
12.18.2016 , 07:27 AM | #7
I think that is really the problem, in solo play "Rogue-like" abilities only make my life harder.

DHHunter
12.18.2016 , 07:36 AM | #8
I genuinely play my Shadow as a Fighter, Stealth is an afterthought, I just know my back stab does insane damage so I try to make my Shadow get his back stab off as much as possible.

DHHunter
12.18.2016 , 08:02 AM | #9
If I were ever to find myself in a position that doing an Ops was a thing, how could I best make my toon succeed at that? It would be a miracle of God if I were ever even able to leave my house.

DHHunter
12.18.2016 , 08:10 AM | #10
I follow God, and leaving my house is not an option.