Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Corran
11.28.2016 , 06:50 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TomBane View Post
So, let me get this straight... (And if I am right about this, I'll be the first to say I have exploited the game. [Please let me be wrong.])

If I level a new alt and completely skip the story via side quests (for the first 10 levels.) and then via Flash points and War Zones so I can get to kotfe (or raiding or what ever end-game content.)... Would that not be playing the game a way that is not intended? Honest question because to me is sounds like you definition is not 100% correct.
if this was december 2011 and doing so allowed you to hit level 50 on day one? yes

however it's 2016 and bypassing all of that to speed to the end has kind of been a ..feature?...for the last two years.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

kvandertulip
11.28.2016 , 07:41 PM | #32
Typical Bioware. Rather than taking the effort to fix exploits, they spend their time punishing players. Really shows what kind of company they are, the way they treat their customers.
Wiseposterior
<The Cleverlynamed Legacy>

Kallie
11.28.2016 , 07:51 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by kvandertulip View Post
Typical Bioware. Rather than taking the effort to fix exploits, they spend their time punishing players. Really shows what kind of company they are, the way they treat their customers.
Then you don't play many MMOs as all MMOs I have played punish players who exploit and I have played a lot over the past 16 years.

kvandertulip
11.28.2016 , 07:59 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As for the question of what is an exploit, it is really quite simple. Play the game/content as it was intended and there is no risk. If you are playing through content in a way that was not intended, it can be considered an exploit and subject to investigation/action.
No, that is not simple. That is intentionally very vague and very open to interpretation. That is the opposite of simple. We are not mind readers. It is up to you to inform us what your intentions are, and what is and isn't an exploit. You instead would rather not do that, so you can retroactively determine what is and isn't an exploit. You have to clearly define what your intentions are before you tell people to play by those intentions.
Wiseposterior

kvandertulip
11.28.2016 , 08:05 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
Then you don't play many MMOs as all MMOs I have played punish players who exploit and I have played a lot over the past 16 years.
Do many MMOs you play preempt an exploit that they already know exists with warnings and threats, instead if fixing the expoit? It takes just as much effort for them to police the players that use it, as it does for them to fix it.
Wiseposterior

cyrusramsey
11.28.2016 , 08:25 PM | #36
"too good to be true"?

What part is the good part?

We need to get bogged down into a mindless grind, and if we find away to make it seem reasonable, it means we've found an exploit.
#alts

Kallie
11.28.2016 , 08:33 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by kvandertulip View Post
Do many MMOs you play preempt an exploit that they already know exists with warnings and threats, instead if fixing the expoit? It takes just as much effort for them to police the players that use it, as it does for them to fix it.
They don't say anywhere about an exploit. They are reminding players about the rules.

DanNV
11.28.2016 , 08:51 PM | #38
You'd have less people looking for exploits if you'd made the CXP system something reasonable instead of the disaster it looks to be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

kvandertulip
11.28.2016 , 08:51 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
They don't say anywhere about an exploit.
What is the first word in the title of this thread?
Wiseposterior

ScicleX
11.28.2016 , 09:34 PM | #40
The problem is trusting what Bioware actively considers "Intended play".

Cantina Guest: "Can we extend Legacy Level past 50 and/or add rewards?"

Musco: "People are already Legacy 50!?"

That was at a point where I had been Legacy 50 for half a year and they still didn't know anybody was there already. So does that mean my play-style is considered an exploit because they didn't intend me to get there that fast? It's the fact we can't trust the developer's estimation of how fast people can "exploit-free" gain XP that makes this all pointless to issue a pre-emptive warning for something us and them have no inclination as to where the highest possible grinder can earn without "exploiting".
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
SciclexLe'sath Alniyat
SargazShaulaBoo-boo'kitty
AmbërBabydøll BlondìeSweet-pea

Ant-aresApøllyønDschubbaG raffias
GirtäbNesuSelcisJ ianbi
JabhatRockët