Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darken-Rahl
12.06.2016 , 06:39 PM | #121
Yeah i agree with it. It's total ******** to grind and grind for cxp for nothing in return. lol
I also can't afford to play 16 hours straight just to reach a certain cxp lvl.
And about the rng from chest it's ****inf hilarious, i opened over 80 packs and quess what i've only got 2 set pieces the rest was just crap.
Let's do this !!!!!!

Manathayria
12.06.2016 , 09:27 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
I guess I sort of understand the reasoning behind this (I assume you don't want people trying to weasel out of punishment by claiming they were "testing" an exploit). But... it also concerns me as it sounds a bit heavy-handed.

I mean, say I stumble upon an exploit and accidentally do it once. How can you tell the difference between that and testing it, or that and doing it intentionally to get unintended rewards/progression? I don't see how you possibly could tell the difference and if you punish for first time offenders, that's not going to be taken well.

And what if I hear a rumor, but I think it might be bull and I want to test it before I go sending some nonsense report in? Would you rather players not take the initiative just so that you can better discern who has or hasn't broken the rules? It seems like it'd be obvious that if somebody does an exploit once or twice, they're only testing it or stumbled onto it and if they do it repeatedly, it's intentional.

You also need to be extra clear, as TUX pointed out, on what is and isn't an exploit with Galactic Command, if you are going to be extra diligent.

This isn't my first rodeo with postings in MMOs about exploits and I've seen it go awry before. You need to make it crystal clear what constitutes crossing the line and that means being proactive about the details of CXP and gains, not just being reactive when you inevitably get reports about some bug.
I'm mildly worried about it in this case as well.

Case and point (they deactivated this so I think it's ok to post up); CXP from clicking the command interface for the heroics. I thought we all got a 1x bonus for 'discovering' each of the CXP heroics for planets from the command UI.

A few days later, that gets disabled and I find out it's an exploit. Now, I did this on one character. I didn't rush others up to do it on them because I assumed it was working as intended so every character ever would get that 'discovery bonus' of CXP.

Nope. Exploit. Well FML... now I'm wondering if I'll get reset on her and I'm delaying using any of my schematics from that character because I'm in limbo. I'm not sure if I'm getting punished for making the mistake of thinking it was WAI, or if I'm fine because I did it on one character and there was nothing 'malicious' about my intent with getting click happy there.

I get exploits like buying chairs for 1 credit, and reselling for more to the vendor are obvious. I knew way back when that information got out not to do it, bad, exploit. However, in the case of this CXP issue, I'm just not sure and I'm worried about making more mistakes with it. So instead of really playing the new content I'm waiting for more exploits etc to get sealed up. I rather not be the one to discover 'Oops. Bad idea!' and get a reset or ban when it comes down to it.

majopucik
12.07.2016 , 01:54 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by -Spc View Post
Maybe playing this game is an exploit, you never know.
HAHA That was a good one

majopucik
12.07.2016 , 01:56 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by martinbaker View Post
and did he get any set pieces in those first 100 boxes?

from what ive seen of the garbage thats been dropping it's an important question
he said he was almost full 230 BiS, but people that used exploit and got to rank 100 last week mostly got like 10 pieces of BiS gear. I myself was lucky and till rank 25 i got 5 set bonus pieces for example.

Twofangs
12.07.2016 , 02:47 AM | #125
So my question is .. What level should a legit player be in the Command Rank now ? 25 - 30 ?

majopucik
12.07.2016 , 06:53 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Twofangs View Post
So my question is .. What level should a legit player be in the Command Rank now ? 25 - 30 ?
Well as for me I have the toon im focusing on at rank 29, got 5 bonus set pieces 230 and 2 MHs, which i was able to use as OH too (Its a Merc) so im happy with that. That is after a week of playing and not focusing that much on CXP yet. However i did a few hour gring for cxp with the guild but on more toons, other toons are rank 10 and 8, had to be swaping to be able to reset the phase.

This is coming from a raider who cant play much cause of RL stuff. I gues no life people should be reaching the weeekly cap every week. The problem is Its only on one toon!!

-Spc
12.07.2016 , 11:08 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by majopucik View Post
Well as for me I have the toon im focusing on at rank 29, got 5 bonus set pieces 230 and 2 MHs, which i was able to use as OH too (Its a Merc) so im happy with that. That is after a week of playing and not focusing that much on CXP yet. However i did a few hour gring for cxp with the guild but on more toons, other toons are rank 10 and 8, had to be swaping to be able to reset the phase.

This is coming from a raider who cant play much cause of RL stuff. I gues no life people should be reaching the weeekly cap every week. The problem is Its only on one toon!!
You're lucky, i am level 23 and still no purple gear on my main toon.

IshtarScorpio
12.07.2016 , 11:20 AM | #128
So apparently they had a roll back on Harbinger last night? Checking the threads, I am away from my home but if they wiped out my progress last night that will be about it.

I already can't play any of my alts because of the grind. Meanwhile, there are people grinding out 40k an hour somehow (prob. ranked warzones?).

Sigh, the very definition of a cluster f*ck Bioware.

Well done.
"You are unwise to lower your defenses!"

MRSHRUIKAN
12.08.2016 , 08:38 AM | #129
..... sure.. as if..

StarkHelsing
12.09.2016 , 06:57 AM | #130
Wait, so I'm confused. We have this thread about 'exploits' yet they're not 'exploits' but in game mechanics. So what exactly is an exploit to them? Apparently doing the heroics constantly due to the bug isn't an exploit by the looks of the other thread? But apparently using the Galactic Command to do them is? Can someone verify this for me. As I generally don't want to be bloody smacked for actually playing the game how I always played it. Only this time the game is 'telling' me which heroics to do.

So what, is this an exploit? I can't tell anymore with this screwy meaning of 'exploit' here. Obviously I don't want my hard work, doing all this old content going to waste.
'I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.'
>>>Social Ability; Legacy Unlock <<<.
Why should Sith Purebloods get all the forceslap fun? ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)