Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Exploits and Galactic Command

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Exploits and Galactic Command
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Znozzy
12.03.2016 , 10:56 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by MetrotownSimon View Post
Considering that from day 1 of early access there was Bestia farming for CXP, not only with deliberate intent to NOT complete the operation but doing so regardless of what the currently unlocked operation was,

instead of blaming the devs for supposedly being "vague",

players should be owning up to their disgusting hypocrisy around exploiting the game.
Bestia grind is for XP up to level 70. Bestia's adds never gave cxp.

Lordgrimley
12.03.2016 , 11:20 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by harokiti View Post
Im interested to know what you are going to do about your exploit the one where you tricked people into thinking that achievements were for life and not just for DVL events!
They have already addressed this as a proplem..

Quote:
Hey folks,

We have been reading the feedback since Tuesday regarding the removal of the Dark vs Light Achievements and we understand the frustration this has caused. With that in mind, we are looking into options for having those Achievements restored in some way (it may not be exactly how they were when you earned them). We should have more details to share next week! We just wanted to ensure that you know we are hearing your frustration around this issue and are looking into solutions.

Thanks!

-eric

Vinak
12.03.2016 , 12:03 PM | #103
When can we expect the galactic command system removed from the game?
>████TootsieRollŪ████<
MXX ______.________CCCLXVII

curulz
12.03.2016 , 01:38 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by MetrotownSimon View Post
Considering that from day 1 of early access there was Bestia farming for CXP, not only with deliberate intent to NOT complete the operation but doing so regardless of what the currently unlocked operation was,

instead of blaming the devs for supposedly being "vague",

players should be owning up to their disgusting hypocrisy around exploiting the game.
Victim blaming....nice approach

Of course since the bestia adds give 0 CXP, you're incorrect. So who else would you like to blame it on other than BW?

Xedoron
12.03.2016 , 04:05 PM | #105
There is a Guy on Server T3 - M4 with a Command Rank of 230+ please inspect that!

LordDelectus
12.03.2016 , 06:24 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
When can we expect the galactic command system removed from the game?
Indeed. This expansion was such a mixed bag.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the story. Perfection.

I absolutely despise Galactic Command. I am just not into it at all. I am actually avoiding it. I didn't even bother with DvL. I am not going to grind for HUNDREDS of hours. Just not doing it. I will settle for suboptimal gear until 6.0.

instead of building this horrible system, they should have created two new ops, mixed around the gear bosses drop and done what they always have. That was a workable system. Guilds could operate that way. This system is just horrible.

scardera
12.03.2016 , 11:32 PM | #107
the only people who exploit Galactic command is bioware lool!!!!

Sshodan
12.04.2016 , 07:55 AM | #108
Translation: "Don't break our toy! We know it's crappy, buggy, fragile and unbalanced, but we will be VERY angry if you break it! Don't even breath in it's direction! Or you WILL be punished!" Which we currently ARE. I was ready to give this RNG loot a fair try... Until you went and nerfed in to the ground the only activity in it I enjoyed and that revitalized the day to day gameplay somewhat.
You know what? I'm now of the opinion that it deserves to crush and burn and we ARE better off with the previous loot system. So +1 to removing your "fragile, precious garbage" all together.

MegaTherions
12.05.2016 , 04:22 AM | #109
Remove the Galactic Command system! it's bad and forces us to do stuff Bioware wants, not what we want. It's very bad. This was not supposed to be Knights of the Eternal Grind

Altus_Esterhazy
12.05.2016 , 07:11 AM | #110
OK, so... I have yet to delve into Galactic Command, but people finding the quickest way to reach a very high Command Rank cannot be an issue. Finding the quickest way to reach an objective is the very reason many people play games. Some guy is going to do what the developers intended to take a couple of months in a few days, because that's just what happens. The way to discourage people from doing this is by making sure there are ways to get valuable rewards other than grinding. If grinding is the only way, then sitting down to farm mobs for 12 hours straight suddenly becomes a very appealing, and actually kind of very reasonable, option.
Quote: Originally Posted by wangxiuming View Post
They always intended solo players to advance the slowest through galactic command. But at 10CXP per elite, on the lower level planets and in elite-heavy areas with fast respawn rates, solo players could potentially be advancing the quickest. You could kill twenty elites and get 200 CXP in the span of 3 minutes.

While I don't like this change either, I can see why they made it.
In a game so intensely geared towards solo play, creating a system where solo players can't advance as fast as groups is not the smartest of ideas, I would think.
Referral links in signatures seem to be fairly standard, so I got one.