50% XP armor DvsL HUGE MISTAKE please fix ASAP

MaximumOwnage

I just recently transferred a character to The Red Eclipse. I sometimes play early in the morning and TRE has some epic PVP very early EST for me. I had planned on grinding some alts up and figure on running some DvsL to obtain some XP gear. Well that's impossible because:

#1. The gear is given as you complete the legacy achievement.

#2. When you transfer a toon to a new server, you legacy follows you making it impossible to repeat to obtain new gear.

#3. The gear is not unlockable from collections.

Now I have absolutely no problem with that at all BUT if your going to do that then it MUST be obtainable thru collections to avoid a multitude of problems. Besides this issue it also eliminates the issue of grinding multiple toons at once and having to continue over and over and over and over and over of taking gear off, putting it in legacy bank, and then putting it on a different toon. Get a little ridicules after a while.

I did turn in a ticket about what happened to me and this is the position of bioware at least at this point about it. Here we go:

I am Dominique from BioWare Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team.

I understand that the transfer copies the legacy as well and that it solved your achievements automatically, without triggering the reward.

Unfortunately we cannot change this and are unable to provide the rewards again as well.

I'm afraid that the DvL reward crates will be locked for this server. You could only transfer another character over with said armor in order to get it there.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Have fun playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a nice week!

Best Regards,

So basically very politely I am screwed because that armor is not unlockable like in my opinion it should be. So I am crap out of luck. Worst part is I can not even regrind the armor on a different server because once you transfer a toon there you are now doomed.

In closing I really hope this was a mistake and will be corrected for MANY reasons, not just the reason I stated. Best of luck to you. Have a great day! :o

Edited by MaximumOwnage

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the idea was to make it so that it wouldn't be super easy to regrind DvL on a billion servers with full XP armor.

But once the event ends, there is no reason not to put it in collections, or maybe just have an auto-mailed set, since legacy is finnicky with collections. That would be the QoL thing to do.

I think the idea was to make it so that it wouldn't be super easy to regrind DvL on a billion servers with full XP armor.

But once the event ends, there is no reason not to put it in collections, or maybe just have an auto-mailed set, since legacy is finnicky with collections. That would be the QoL thing to do.

Well you can go to any server and run DvsL as long as you do not transfer a toon there. But what do you mean easy to regrind DvsL? I am not looking to regrind DvsL. I am simply desiring to be able to use my rewards that I earned WITHOUT regrinding. Why would I want to do all that over and over again? I ran it, earned the rewards and expect to be able to use the rewards as intended. All I am saying is that the armor should either be mailed to all of your toons on your legacy or at least be available for unlock in your collections.

Think of it this way, give me 1 good reason why I have to continue to swap the armor from toon to toon to toon over and over and over? Give me just 1 good reason. And why if you transfer a character to another server should you lose the ability to use your 50% bonus that you worked so hard to obtain? Why is the bonus available on one server, and have your legacy moved by a transfer and not be able on another? Can you give me one good reason why that should be? I am not asking for anything free. I earned the rewards and I would like to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I hope this was an oversight and will be corrected in the next chapter when LvsD ends.

Well you can go to any server and run DvsL as long as you do not transfer a toon there. But what do you mean easy to regrind DvsL? I am not looking to regrind DvsL. I am simply desiring to be able to use my rewards that I earned WITHOUT regrinding. Why would I want to do all that over and over again? I ran it, earned the rewards and expect to be able to use the rewards as intended. All I am saying is that the armor should either be mailed to all of your toons on your legacy or at least be available for unlock in your collections.

Think of it this way, give me 1 good reason why I have to continue to swap the armor from toon to toon to toon over and over and over? Give me just 1 good reason. And why if you transfer a character to another server should you lose the ability to use your 50% bonus that you worked so hard to obtain? Why is the bonus available on one server, and have your legacy moved by a transfer and not be able on another? Can you give me one good reason why that should be? I am not asking for anything free. I earned the rewards and I would like to be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I hope this was an oversight and will be corrected in the next chapter when LvsD ends.

Well if it was available on any toon, any server, originally, then you complete DvL on one server, go to the next with full XP armor and complete it a lot faster this time.

I don't know if that was their reason. It's just a reason that could have motivated them.

I want it to be convenient just as much as you do.

Well if it was available on any toon, any server, originally, then you complete DvL on one server, go to the next with full XP armor and complete it a lot faster this time.

I don't know if that was their reason. It's just a reason that could have motivated them.

I want it to be convenient just as much as you do.

But I DID it already. If I re run the DvsL it WONT count because the toon I moved to Red Eclipse already has the entire DvsL achievements unlocked. That's my exact point. Give me one GOOD reason why I can not get my armor unlocked on Red Eclipse. Do you understand that your legacy moves WITH you when you transfer? Just wondering if you knew that or not. And if you know that then re running DvsL does absolutely nothing. Zero, zip, nadda, nothing.

The question has to be asked why did you bother transferring an alt over to another server to level it when it is so darned quick to level from level 1 at the moment using the double xp and other boosts available in game? It sounds as though you are cross with yourself for not realising the obvious until it was too late, which is understandable. Edited by Zylaro

So basically very politely I am screwed because that armor is not unlockable like in my opinion it should be. So I am crap out of luck. Worst part is I can not even regrind the armor on a different server because once you transfer a toon there you are now doomed.

I suppose you could transfer another toon over to bring the armour set over as it will be 90 cc again next week.

However it was trivial to do so. I did legendary on 2 servers by just leaving 1 achievement(40 gree droids) and transferring.

The question has to be asked why did you bother transferring an alt over to another server to level it when it is so darned quick to level from level 1 at the moment using the double xp and other boosts available in game? It sounds as though you are cross with yourself for not realising the obvious until it was too late, which is understandable.

Yes, I did not even think about it till I got there. The reason I moved a toon and not just re ground one from scratch is that I have been playing since launch and have almost everything unlocked on my legacy and by transferring a toon to a new server you get your entire legacy moved to which is HUGE for me.

But getting back to what I originally said is give me 1 good reason why I should not have the 50% XP armor available to me on the new server? And worst part is that even if I was willing to regind the LvsD achievent AGAIN I cant because my legacy has it locked and it is now unavailable.

Yo me it was an oversight on the development team. I am expecting a fix or a collection added to this armor. I can not even think of 1 good reason why copies of this armor is not available to all toons attached to the legacy that completed the achievement.

Edited by MaximumOwnage

But getting back to what I originally said is give me 1 good reason why I should not have the 50% XP armor available to me on the new server? And worst part is that even if I was willing to regind the LvsD achievent AGAIN I cant because my legacy has it locked and it is now unavailable. t.

Because it was a reward for completing different DVL Tiers, just like the dvl packs were, so to avoid people exploiting it, they made it so you can't get the rewards twice by transferring a completed toon to a different server, you need to have actually earned the tier on that server to get whatever reward it is.

Just relax for 4 days until transfer are 90cc and you can send the armor over with another toon anyway.

Because it was a reward for completing different DVL Tiers, just like the dvl packs were, so to avoid people exploiting it, they made it so you can't get the rewards twice by transferring a completed toon to a different server, you need to have actually earned the tier on that server to get whatever reward it is.

Just relax for 4 days until transfer are 90cc and you can send the armor over with another toon anyway.

Who is talking about getting crates? I never 1 time mentioned crates. We are talking about legacy bound armor. If you want to re run LvsD crates over and over and over you are more than welcome to roll new toons on each of the servers and regrind crates. That is not what we are talking about at all. I could not care less about that.

Everyone knows what you just said. That is just like saying the sky is blue. I am ONLY talking about the 50% armor. If you unlocked that armor on your legacy, you should be able to have that armor on any toon attached to that legacy. That is the ONLY thing we are talking about, not farming crates. Farming crates is easy. That's something anyone can do and it is very simple to do.

There is not 1 good reason why that armor should not be available to every toon attached to the legacy. Not 1. So having said that they need to make it available to every toon attached to the legacy that has completed that achievement and unlocked that armor. End of story.

And no, I am not transferring my armor to another server. That armor is going to stay exactly where it is. I didn't unlock it on Harbinger to move it and lose it to another server. My legacy is now also on Red Eclipse and that is where the unlocked armor should reside. Especially since once it is unlocked on your legacy, it is no longer obtainable. And my legacy is locked on Red Eclipse. So sorry, that is not a reasonable request. The reasonable request is allowing that armor to follow the legacy exactly like it should be.

And no, I am not transferring my armor to another server. That armor is going to stay exactly where it is. I didn't unlock it on Harbinger to move it and lose it to another server. My legacy is now also on Red Eclipse and that is where the unlocked armor should reside. Especially since once it is unlocked on your legacy, it is no longer obtainable. And my legacy is locked on Red Eclipse. So sorry, that is not a reasonable request. The reasonable request is allowing that armor to follow the legacy exactly like it should be.

The reasonable thing is to accept that it is what it is.

snip

Cause the armor is a reward, just like the crates are. BW decided that they are basically equivalent, and unless they change their minds (they may, I could see them sending out the armor sets to all the new toons), they will stay that way. You want to get a set of armor on every toon, well congrats, I'd like to get 30 dvl packs on every toon but I don't see it happening.

/shrug feel free to rage about it though, no skin off my back.

Getting to Champion on some random other server is quick and relatively painless, and soon cheap to transfer to your server of choice. That is your option, you know very well there is nothing to be 'fixed'.

• Create a new character on either faction.

• Complete starter world.

• Gain a level or maybe two from the stronghold intro mission.

• Get wz intro and daily for a massive xp explosion as you get Valor 5 in 2 warzones.

• Get to the capital world via Black Talon or Esseles. Tactical mode can easily be done solo, though I have not actually tested whether it gives more XP than Solo.

• Complete the capital planet to unlock your ship.

• You should now be high enough level to do the Jedi Prisoner storyline (as of lvl29, maybe 28).

• Queue in groupfinder only for: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Red Reaper, Kuat Drive Yards, Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown, these are relatively easy as tactical and are the only ones without a solo mode, and should level you a bunch.

• Directive 7 solo becomes available in the high lvl40s.

• As of 55 you can start the Forged Alliances chain which will get you Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata on easy solo modes and lead you directly into SoR, which automatically takes care of Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi.

• After SoR, jump straight into KOTFE and spam through that.

• If you do not have Nico Okarr, now would be a good time to do those Alliance Alerts... if you do have Nico.. then you could just create three more alts and have all of your characters use the token to summon him directly, and watch that achievement magic happen.. :eek:

• Create a new character on the other faction and complete the same steps up to and including Jedi Prisoner, possibly skipping your capital planet if your level is high enough.

• You now have a full xp suit to send to Red Eclipse or wherever you wish to have one.

Edited by cyrusramsey

There is not 1 good reason why that armor should not be available to every toon attached to the legacy. Not 1. So having said that they need to make it available to every toon attached to the legacy that has completed that achievement and unlocked that armor. End of story.

It is available to every toon on a legacy, you place it in the legacy bay and pick it up on the character you want it on. It isn't a set of armour in collections you can pull out of collections for the very simple reason being you could have pulled it out over the last x amount of months to do DvL on multiple servers without putting any form of effort in.

If you had planned ahead, like others, you would already have multiple sets of this armour anyway.

Don't blame BioWare for poor planning on your own part.

Edited by Transcendent

Cause the armor is a reward, just like the crates are. BW decided that they are basically equivalent, and unless they change their minds (they may, I could see them sending out the armor sets to all the new toons), they will stay that way. You want to get a set of armor on every toon, well congrats, I'd like to get 30 dvl packs on every toon but I don't see it happening.

/shrug feel free to rage about it though, no skin off my back.

And the crates are attached to your legacy like the armor is? They are not "basically" equivalent. Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. The armor is exchangeable from toon to toon. All I am asking is that the armor like so many other items in the game are available by any toon similar to unlocking it in collections so that any toon that is on that legacy that has that achievement unlocked.

Don't get snarky and argue just to argue. Nobody is talking about crates here. I never mentioned 1 time anything about crates. If your gonna just sit here and troll without adding anything creative just to argue, then go argue with someone else.

I asked for 1 "GOOD" reason, not a bunch of snarky remarks and instigating posts, why that the armor is not available to each toon individually just like or exactly like collections. And to say "because bioware says so" isn't a good reason. Or "it is what it is, deal with it" remarks. That's just ignorant and stupid.

If I bioware developer wants to respond with a reasonably good explanation why the armor isn't available to any character that has it unlocked in legacy I am all ears. To listen to a response like " go grind it again" or "it is what it is, deal with it" or "maybe yadda yadda yadda" is a waste of time.

So at this point I am going to request a developer to give a reasonable and good explanation why it is not available to each toon individually. And I will take the lack of response (if there is one) as we know it is an issue and it will be addressed in the future or when DvsL ends shortly. I say that because I have still seen nobody give a good explanation why and I surely can not even think of one or even imagine one.

Whether you consider it reasonable or not, they have previously revealed that legacy items are not compatible with the collections system. So technically... it's not in collections because it's a legacy armor set. There being pros and cons either way, I don't care to argue what is best, but that is as much a reason as you will get, I suspect.

you could have pulled it out over the last x amount of months to do DvL on multiple servers without putting any form of effort in.

What the heck are you talking about? I already DID do the work. It is unlocked on my legacy. What are you doing, arguing to just argue? If I want to do LvsD on every single server that is easy. I roll a toon and start doing it. If that's what you want to do, or enjoy doing, knock yourself out. I know lots of people that did that to grind out more and more boxes. That's not what I am talking about.

Plain and simple. Let me dumb this down a little simpler. Seems that some people just don't get it. So I will slow it down a little. All I am saying is that if you unlocked the armor in legacy, ANY legacy with that unlocked should have that armor available. Plain and simple. End of story. And AGAIN if you can give me one GOOD AND REASONABLE explanation why this should not be I am all ears. Under the current system, if you move a toon from a server where you unlocked it, it will not be available as a reward. It is impossible to obtain that rewards on the "new" server because it is already completed. I am not talking about making a level 1 toon on a server that you never played on. I am talking about transferring a toon to a server that it has not been done on. It becomes in obtainable there.

I don't want to hear "well just move it to that server via transfers" or "you should have thought about that" and all that junk. I know what I could do to have it on that server. That isn't the discussion. The discussion is about giving a reasonable explanation why it is not available once unlocked in legacy. End of story.

And the crates are attached to your legacy like the armor is?

There's this nifty new thing they came out with since you last rage quit the game called the "Cartel Market Item Stash" that makes everything you take from a Cartel pack (and yes, these count) and attach it to your legacy so you can use it on any toon.

Now you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

I love when pots call rainbows black.

The armor is exchangeable from toon to toon. All I am asking is that the armor like so many other items in the game are available by any toon similar to unlocking it in collections so that any toon that is on that legacy that has that achievement unlocked..

No legacy armor in the game is unlockable in collections, this caused an issue with some of the subscriber rewards when they released them, and changed them from Legacy bound to BoP but available in collections.

Don't get snarky and argue just to argue..

Those in glass houses...

Nobody is talking about crates here. I never mentioned 1 time anything about crates. If your gonna just sit here and troll without adding anything creative just to argue, then go argue with someone else.

No, but you are talking about event rewards, and from that perspective the armor set and the crates are the exact same; they are a reward for doing the event. You get 1 armor set, and approximately 40 crates for doing the event.

I asked for 1 "GOOD" reason, not a bunch of snarky remarks and instigating posts, why that the armor is not available to each toon individually just like or exactly like collections. And to say "because bioware says so" isn't a good reason. Or "it is what it is, deal with it" remarks. That's just ignorant and stupid..

Well I guess "good" is subjective, and you are of course allowed your opinion, but I'm equally allowed my opinion that it is a. not a problem and b. my reason is in fact a good one, and c. there are far more important things in the game that BW should focus on then this.

If I bioware developer wants to respond with a reasonably good explanation why the armor isn't available to any character that has it unlocked in legacy I am all ears. To listen to a response like " go grind it again" or "it is what it is, deal with it" or "maybe yadda yadda yadda" is a waste of time.

So at this point I am going to request a developer to give a reasonable and good explanation why it is not available to each toon individually. And I will take the lack of response (if there is one) as we know it is an issue and it will be addressed in the future or when DvsL ends shortly. I say that because I have still seen nobody give a good explanation why and I surely can not even think of one or even imagine one.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. You are of course welcome to take BW silence to mean anything you like. Would it be nice if they give any legacy that's completed it a set? Sure, I don't see the harm. I'd rather they provide more content instead of wasting time with stuff like this, but w/e. But as a tip, if you want BW to actually consider implementing this, you should make sure to make a post in the suggestions area, that's most of what BW reads to determine what changes to make.

But I DID it already. If I re run the DvsL it WONT count because the toon I moved to Red Eclipse already has the entire DvsL achievements unlocked. That's my exact point. Give me one GOOD reason why I can not get my armor unlocked on Red Eclipse. Do you understand that your legacy moves WITH you when you transfer? Just wondering if you knew that or not. And if you know that then re running DvsL does absolutely nothing. Zero, zip, nadda, nothing.

I understood exactly what you meant. I was speculating as to their reasons for it.

You can, or rather could, get the armor unlocked on Red Eclipse... but because transferring a legacy overwrites the lower one, moving your DvL legacy over locked you out of getting the armor again on that server. I had the same happen on Harbinger, when I transferred a character for unrelated reasons, not thinking about it. I have no XP armor on Harbinger and no way to get it there unless I bring it there from my home server on a different toon (which I don't want to do, since I still want to use it on my home server). It's stupid and annoying, but that's the situation.

Could they have simply given us the armor as a mail reward sent to all toons, new and old? Possibly. I don't know how that particular piece of their tech works. It would have made it really easy to burn through the lower levels of DvL on second/third/fourth/etc servers, which COULD BE why they didn't do that. COULD BE.

Considering how much of a charlie foxtrot the entire DvL implementation was, they probably didn't take into account the scenario of people innocently transferring over a legacy for unrelated reasons that happened to have parts of DvL complete, thus unwittingly locking themselves out of getting a copy of the XP armor for that server.

I understood exactly what you meant. I was speculating as to their reasons for it.

You can, or rather could, get the armor unlocked on Red Eclipse... but because transferring a legacy overwrites the lower one, moving your DvL legacy over locked you out of getting the armor again on that server. I had the same happen on Harbinger, when I transferred a character for unrelated reasons, not thinking about it. I have no XP armor on Harbinger and no way to get it there unless I bring it there from my home server on a different toon (which I don't want to do, since I still want to use it on my home server). It's stupid and annoying, but that's the situation.

Could they have simply given us the armor as a mail reward sent to all toons, new and old? Possibly. I don't know how that particular piece of their tech works. It would have made it really easy to burn through the lower levels of DvL on second/third/fourth/etc servers, which COULD BE why they didn't do that. COULD BE.

Considering how much of a charlie foxtrot the entire DvL implementation was, they probably didn't take into account the scenario of people innocently transferring over a legacy for unrelated reasons that happened to have parts of DvL complete, thus unwittingly locking themselves out of getting a copy of the XP armor for that server.

I appreciate you thoughtful response. And your right, I think that more than likely this scenario might have been overlooked. If it wasn't overlooked I would love to know the reason for it to be implemented this way.

I think at this point of the discussion it would be appropriate for a DEV to respond to this one way or another.

I appreciate you thoughtful response. And your right, I think that more than likely this scenario might have been overlooked. If it wasn't overlooked I would love to know the reason for it to be implemented this way.

I think at this point of the discussion it would be appropriate for a DEV to respond to this one way or another.

Agreed, it would be nice to hear from staff on this.

If you hoped for this to be changed you shot yourself in the foot. Unless you stay un-emotional and stick tot he facts, BW is known for pretty well writing off whatever you type as just emotional ranting.

Fact: The armor is legacy locked (which also means server locked).

Fact: No legacy locked item is in collections.

Ergo, fact: You are meant to only ever have one set.