Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blog: This Week in Aurebesh

Galandro
11.19.2016 , 02:55 PM | #1
Hello,

Id like to take a moment to let folks know about my SWTOR themed blog which I started last month:

This Week in Aurebesh

My main focus is exploring the use of Aurebesh in the game's design, and I'll be pointing out and translating some neat examples of this alien language that can be seen all over the worlds of SWTOR. I also comment on other aspects of the game as well; for example, this week's post offers some suggestions for using your Data Crystals before they go away with the launch of KotET.

If you've got a moment, I hope youll pop by and check it out!

Galandro
11.25.2016 , 01:09 AM | #2
Due to the holiday, this week's post is a short one, but I wanted to point out my favorite sign In the game which is thematically appropriate for Black Friday.

Happy Life Day!

Galandro
12.01.2016 , 07:16 AM | #3
I'm still working on KotET, and I'm sure to have something to say about it in the weeks to come. In the meantime, it is also Bounty Contract Week so I thought I'd translate the big bounty board seen above the BBA section in the Cartel Bazaar on both Fleets. This led me down a rabbit hole leading to another version of Aurebesh used prominently throughout SWTOR. There are major differences between this font and the official Aurebesh, but they exist side by side in the game and it's been neat to read signs that I'd previously dismissed as gibberish.

This is Not the Aurebesh You're Looking For

Galandro
12.10.2016 , 09:33 AM | #4
This week, I thought I'd share my first rough review of KotET. I've endeavored to avoid spoilers, but have touched some of the new additions to the game from the story to Galactic Command.

First Impressions: Knights of the Eternal Throne

Galandro
12.15.2016 , 11:54 PM | #5
I have just a short post this week, detailing the information Aric Jorgan sees through his sniper scope in KotFE's "Disavowed" chapter. With the latest Livestream hitting today, I also tossed in a few opinions on the upcoming changes to Galactic Command.

Cat's-eye View

Galandro
01.05.2017 , 01:42 PM | #6
I'm taking a bit of left turn this week, with an introduction to the Zakuulan language. If you've ever wanted to read the signs and monitors around Zakuul or the inscriptions lining Vaylin's robes, check it out!

Although I was not able to post here, I did update the blog over the holidays with a tribute to the great Carrie Fisher and a short review of Rogue One.

Zakuulan Language Primer

Happy New Year!

Galandro
01.28.2017 , 01:33 PM | #7
This Week in Aurebesh is back to translating Aurebesh with a new post detailing the display screens of the Galactic Trade Network. I also share a few thoughts about the announcements from Thursday's livestream.

In addition a post from a couple weeks ago translates one of the common advertising posters seen on fleet. Have a look!

I'd Buy That For a Credit

Galandro
02.12.2017 , 03:19 AM | #8
This Week in Aurebesh I translate the Aurebesh readouts that pop up during the animated sequence that is a part of the recently added cartel pack opening experience.

Last week's post covers two advertising posters for the Coruscant Market including one in which capital of the Galactic Republic is infamously misspelled.

Are You Experienced

Galandro
02.22.2017 , 07:19 PM | #9
This Week in Aurebesh I do something a little different and present 5 totally non-important changes to SWTOR that I'd like to see. Nothing here will kill a raid boss faster, nerf that class you hate in PVP or earn anyone a point of CXP, but I think they'd be good additions to game.

Next week, I'll be back to translating Aurebesh!

Top Five Dumb Wishes for SWTOR

Galandro
03.11.2017 , 03:34 PM | #10
This week I translated two Alert signs on Dromund Kaas that lay down the law in the Sith Empire as only the Sith can.

The previous two entries include more translations including two travel advertisements and my completely canonical explanation how Hamlet's Elsinore appears in neon letters on Corellia!

The Sith Empire Asks That You Stay Alert