Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I turn off level shift?

jozkopucik
11.17.2016 , 01:34 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I blame this one on the solo modes with the droid. You can literally do them with your comp set to dps and that droid and stand in all the stupid. It doesn't teach a thing, sadly Tacticals are even worse due to how they've been tuned poorly for 4 dps players (on some notably harder than running a HM flashpoint with trinity).

I was quite happy running lvl 50 HM flashpoints solo at lvl 55, I was quite happy running lvl 55 NiM Ops at lvl 60. It was fun actually, going into fights with tight mechanics you couldn't brute force due to level or gear, that you wouldn't have survived for whatever reasoning of not being able to get a decent group (or able to dedicate time to a raid group) at level. Sadly, with level sync and bolster, it isn't fun now.

Raiding is less relevant now to me, due to level sync. Not more relevant. Shame, I did enjoy that part of the game when I had time, pre-4.0.

Complaints about level sync still get ignored (such as story bosses, loot drops for planets etc). I guess it isn't so brilliant as it could be. Certainly needs refinement, certainly not one of the better uses of development resources used on an expansion.
Yup exactly!!

Janarah
01.02.2018 , 10:55 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Neshira View Post
What if pvp players want to play with people around their own level on a fair playing field? If someone is a low level PVPer and wants to do that with other low levels they should be able to enjoy the experience without some level 65 dude coming and killing them.

The game should be fun and fair for people of all levels. Ruining someone else's enjoyment isn't okay, it's mean. If you want to do pvp you should be doing it with players of your own level not by bullying others.
I'm just curious now, where exactly on any planet other than the high level ones is pvp not an optional thing? So, the argument of pvp hurts my feelings and game is rather irrelevant unless you actually accept pvping. I've been challenege on multiple occasions and you know what, I just refuse the bs. Pvp doesn't ruin your game play on any planet which is required for storyline game play.
And if you're dumb enough to accept a challenge from a lvl 65 at level 7, you deserve to get your face smashed into the ground.
Now, if you're one of those people that keep your pvp on constantly, guess what, that's your own fault for inviting misery.

On a side note, not one person deserves to have their character nerfed to starter level, no matter where they go. If I make my way to dark council there is no reason in the 9 hells that I shouldn't be able to go to the sith academy or any number of low level planets and be able to wipe the floor with things. Same goes for low level flash points.
Especially since I am paying to play the damn game every month.
If nothing else, a toggle to turn off this stupid level nerfing needs to be added for people who sub. And the whole pvp issue is very invalid so far as game play goes.

RagnarAugustus
01.03.2018 , 01:11 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Pre-4.0, many FPs had unique gear drops, and some people liked to use them, so it was easy to run the FP solo and get it (for the looks, not the stats). The new solo modes don't drop this loot. .
And this is where the "Want gear? Work for it." philosophy comes in. The bottom line is none of that content was ever meant to be soloed or farmed by yourself, level sync fixed this and now group finder for flashpoints is a lot healthier than it was before 4.0.

DWho
01.03.2018 , 01:35 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by RagnarAugustus View Post
And this is where the "Want gear? Work for it." philosophy comes in. The bottom line is none of that content was ever meant to be soloed or farmed by yourself, level sync fixed this and now group finder for flashpoints is a lot healthier than it was before 4.0.
Removal of the gear is an issue and the main reason I stopped running the flashpoints. There is no reason to run them now except farming CXP. It would be even better for group finder if they could set up two different group finder queues. One for the farmers and one for the people who want to actually play them. There is nothing more frustrating than watching two people spend 10 minutes trying to jump on top of scenery to get around a fight that would take 30 seconds if everyone worked together.

jamoup
01.03.2018 , 02:04 PM | #65
I agree that lvl synch is good for flashpoints and PVP, I also agree that it should not be in effect on planets. I miss getting to max level and then going to a lower planet to help a friend or finish a companion mission and be able to use the huge power I gained while leveling, to destroy the opposition. Plus i'd love to be able to solo my way to "big game hunter" oh well, i should have hustled when I heard lvl synch was coming.
Too much QQ and not enough Pew Pew.

kodrac
01.03.2018 , 02:07 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by jamoup View Post
I miss getting to max level and then going to a lower planet to help a friend or finish a companion mission and be able to use the huge power I gained while leveling, to destroy the opposition.
You still can.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ