Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I turn off level shift?

CorellianWannabe
11.13.2016 , 01:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
You don't speak for me and you certainly don't speak for everyone.

I think it was a great move and boo-freaking-hoo to the people that can't bear 2-shotting things instead of 1-shotting things and if this is all it takes for them to quit and forget about 99.993% of the rest of the game then I fell so sorry for them.
Oh yes, nothing makes you feel heroic like fighting a level 12 Darth Baras.

Neshira
11.13.2016 , 03:36 PM | #22
I like it. It discourages strong players from traveling to low level planets just to gank people. It was a problem before level shifting and seems much less prevalent now.
My Referral Link <Click for a 7 day free subscription and some awesome goodies including a free character server transfer worth 10 bucks and tons of unlocks to make playing preferred more bearable.

eartharioch
11.13.2016 , 07:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Neshira View Post
I like it. It discourages strong players from traveling to low level planets just to gank people. It was a problem before level shifting and seems much less prevalent now.
You know what else discourages high-level characters from going to low-level worlds to gank people? Playing in a PVE zone.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

Nightblazer
11.13.2016 , 07:55 PM | #24
Personally it's never been am issue for me. Generally what I do is get through the starting planet and then just heroic grinding. Once I finished all heroics using the xp boost I'm usually close to level 60.

The gear rewards from Georgia usually stat cap me for the zone. Even capped, mobs are easy to beat and can usually kill them quickly.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Rolodome
11.13.2016 , 07:55 PM | #25
I don't know about turning it off, but it would be nice if there was:

A) some consistency

or

B) you could change how close to them you are, in level (within a certain range)

Cause some areas, you outlevel such that they're gray (particular on starter planets), sometimes you're synced to same level, sometimes to two levels higher, sometimes four levels higher. It's all over the map and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.
Watch my crazy video ideas in SWTOR form.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Neshira
11.13.2016 , 09:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
You know what else discourages high-level characters from going to low-level worlds to gank people? Playing in a PVE zone.
What if pvp players want to play with people around their own level on a fair playing field? If someone is a low level PVPer and wants to do that with other low levels they should be able to enjoy the experience without some level 65 dude coming and killing them.

The game should be fun and fair for people of all levels. Ruining someone else's enjoyment isn't okay, it's mean. If you want to do pvp you should be doing it with players of your own level not by bullying others.
My Referral Link <Click for a 7 day free subscription and some awesome goodies including a free character server transfer worth 10 bucks and tons of unlocks to make playing preferred more bearable.

Radzkie
11.13.2016 , 10:03 PM | #27
Yeah man. We needed level sync for all that open world PvP that happens

Khevar
11.14.2016 , 01:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Neshira View Post
Tell me the truth.

How many times did you personally experience getting ganked by a high level player? (Hearsay doesn't count)

TheRandomno
11.14.2016 , 01:37 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Tell me the truth.

How many times did you personally experience getting ganked by a high level player? (Hearsay doesn't count)
I was on TOFN in 2014 and had it happen a few times. I don't know what it was like in the years after that.
Unobtainable achievements list – over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

jozkopucik
11.14.2016 , 03:06 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
You don't speak for me and you certainly don't speak for everyone.

I think it was a great move and boo-freaking-hoo to the people that can't bear 2-shotting things instead of 1-shotting things and if this is all it takes for them to quit and forget about 99.993% of the rest of the game then I fell so sorry for them.
It was a great move, it was an act of desperation. Imagine the game wouldnt get level sync, we would be lvl 65 and everything else apart from KOTFE would be 60 and below!! The game would die since there would be nothing to do since Bioware can provide updates like other games, just story.

Sure, it saved the game from dying, but at least provide an option to turn it off, its very very easy, there were even bugs at start that allowed ppl to bypass it. So making a turn off option would be a piece of cake!! They would at least see how many would turn it off and how many not!!! GIVE US A CHOICE Bioware!! They matter!!!