Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I turn off level shift?

Falconfury
11.12.2016 , 02:19 AM | #1
I've been taking a break from the game and came back to see this level shift thing that has been implemented.

I would like to know if there is some way to turn this off? This thing is exactly the reason why I stopped playing Guildwars 2. All lowlevel mobs took ages to kill, which is ridiculous when you are supposed to be immensely more powerful than them.
Case in point, I just had a fight with a lvl 15 champion mob (I was lvl 40). It couldn't hurt me, but because I was scaled down it took a ridiculous amount of time for me to kill it, when I should have been able to disembowel it on the spot.

I haven't tried doing old Flashpoints yet, but I am guessing it is the same thing here? That would mean you would have to go out and find a group if you just want to farm some old stuff for a special gear look or something.

This is really stupid in my opinion. Please tell me I can turn it off. This unnecessary scaling makes me want to quit the game.

Kallie
11.12.2016 , 02:23 AM | #2
Another one of these posts. No you can't turn it off. Live with it.

TheRandomno
11.12.2016 , 02:24 AM | #3
Unfortunately no. Flashpoints have the same thing, though most have a solo mode and the rest can be soloed with good gear/companion.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

peter_plankskull
11.12.2016 , 03:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
Another one of these posts. No you can't turn it off. Live with it.
Does that condescending tone you constantly hum ever start to make your throat soar? Like ever? I can understand being snarky some of the time and sometimes playful, but every single one of your posts is phrased to be antagonistic as possible, not to mention your logic and reasoning for backing your beliefs makes me believe your some kind of troll as one of them was solely to see others in a misfortunate position. Some trolls are funny, I mean heck, Crazy CT and even Bruticis has me cracking up most of the time, and every now and then they do have a good post, or, if there's a blue moon, a few good posts every now and then. With you its always insults, antagonism, and bashing. Please, try to rephrase your posts in a more constructive manner..

As for the OP... I think you put a T in there by accident, but, unfortunately for you, there is no way to turn this off.

Stoofa
11.12.2016 , 05:18 AM | #5
The annoyance is because this question is asked weekly (forum search time possibly for people wanting to post, yet again).
The reason for the shift is to stop people completing things they shouldn't be able to solo - so no, you can no longer solo world bosses and you can no longer solo the flashpoints in any mode except the "solo mode".
Those are the only things you do not totally and utterly dominate in the game. So this constant "but I want it switched off" I cannot understand, unless it is just the sheer demand to be able to solo WB's which does nothing but piss people off who wanted to do said boss in a group etc.
Here is a referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/H579Bl
Be you newbie, subscriber or old-hand - we both get free things if you click me!
7 days of free subscription, a free character transfer & a bundle of free unlocks

eartharioch
11.12.2016 , 05:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
So this constant "but I want it switched off" I cannot understand, unless it is just the sheer demand to be able to solo WB's which does nothing but piss people off who wanted to do said boss in a group etc.
Not that it affects me much, but a number of people complain because certain gear is now difficult/impossible to obtain conveniently. Pre-4.0, many FPs had unique gear drops, and some people liked to use them, so it was easy to run the FP solo and get it (for the looks, not the stats). The new solo modes don't drop this loot. Also, open world mobs used to drop gear at their level (and like FPs, some of this gear was aesthetically desirable). Level-synced mobs drop loot at the players's level, which makes grinding for specific looks difficult/impossible once you outlevel the area.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

americanaussie
11.12.2016 , 08:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
Not that it affects me much, but a number of people complain because certain gear is now difficult/impossible to obtain conveniently. Pre-4.0, many FPs had unique gear drops, and some people liked to use them, so it was easy to run the FP solo and get it (for the looks, not the stats). The new solo modes don't drop this loot. Also, open world mobs used to drop gear at their level (and like FPs, some of this gear was aesthetically desirable). Level-synced mobs drop loot at the players's level, which makes grinding for specific looks difficult/impossible once you outlevel the area.
But isn't that so awesome! I mean I kinda like heroic grinding at 65 and getting artifact gear from a level 11 boss. Sweet. If I can't wear it (usually the case) I can sell it for good credz. This makes me extremely happy.

Quraswren
11.12.2016 , 09:29 AM | #8
No you cannot turn it off and it sucks.

You'll spend all that time in a game based on leveling up so bw can just level you back down in the hopes that doing extremely old content will somehow placate you into subbing longer.

If you stay at all you'll tolerate it but it sucks even time it happens because it's didn't make the content interesting or entertaining it just made it take longer. instead of 1-2 shotting things it now takes 3-5. It's quite bad.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

force_fortytwo
11.12.2016 , 09:29 AM | #9
Besides, level sync isn't so much of a drawback imo.

Before LevelSync:
With a speeder you could just run through low-lvl mobs, standard and strong ones mostly ignored you, if not you could easily outrun them
When encountering some mobs head-on or fell off your speeder or something, you could just one-shot the mobs (AoE useful) - quicker than ignoring them and outrunning them in combat mode

Now:
With a speeder just pass mobs in a decent distance (min. 13-14 meters), most will still ignore you (best example: the H2 "Black Box" on tatooine with all those Elite Sand people - I have never once pulled a mob in countless weekly H2 runs there)... or you easily outrun them
When encountering some mobs head-on or you somehow by accident fall off your speeder or something, you just one-shot (standard), two-shot (strong) or three-to-four-shot them (Elite), still quicker than ignoring and outrunning them in combat mode (which is annoying af and might well pull further mobs)

Only real disadvantage is that I cannot solo World bosses anymore (which I did from time to time, was fun ), but actually I don't miss it all that much.

So, to the OP: You will have to accept it stays and adapt to the new situation. It's not that bad - it even helped alleviate grief-play issues with open-world pvp a bit
The CELAERIS Legacy on Vanjervalis Chain
Nithaam -Kesara - Luzanna - Solda-Teska - Yadavena - Rjandric - Zayeera - Clandestina -

ZeroTypeR
11.12.2016 , 10:09 AM | #10
I wish lol, but no, it's premenant.